No announcement yet.

Collins - the gift that keeps giving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lindsay has loads of potential to be a solid and hard running forward in the game. He has the blueprint to be what Dylan Napa (aka Big Papi) should have been for the Roosters for a very long-time but Big Papi was just too inconsistent. Above all you can see Lindsay has heart and passion and he covered for us quite well towards the back end of last season heading into the finals. He just needs to improve his ball handling skill. If he can work on that and show improvement when carrying I'm sure he'll be with the Roosters for a while and these remaining rounds will be a good audition. If he fails to show signs of improvement I can see him getting pushed to find another club as the Roosters will either opt to go to market for a new FRF or stick with Poasa Faamausili who currently has the edge on Lindsay in making the 17 man squad.

The Roosters at full strength are blessed with solid options such as: JWH, SST, Tets, Liu and Faamausili but we need to definitely look at options for cover/depth and for the future.

Comment

He tries very hard but just doesn't seem to have the temperament for NRL.

It's a shame cause he is a powerful runner of the ball and he can hit hard in defence.

His mistake in the play-the-ball (yet again) was unforgivable.

It's time to cut him loose and get Robbo's ring back off him.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
        I remember Fergo had a lot of mistakes in him , still has a few , but geez Id have him back
        Yes but he more than made up for it.

Comment

Collins out
          JWH in.

All good.

Comment

He's like an octopus trying to hold the ball when he stands up. He was obviously shattered and in fairness went well apart from that incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              He tries very hard but just doesn't seem to have the temperament for NRL.

It's a shame cause he is a powerful runner of the ball and he can hit hard in defence.

His mistake in the play-the-ball (yet again) was unforgivable.

It's time to cut him loose and get Robbo's ring back off him.
              Remarkable that he actually got Robbo’s ring. It’s not like he played that many games last year or had a noticeable impact. May go down as the worst player to get a GF ring whilst not actually playing in one tbh.
              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

2 hit ups according to NRL.com

Yep he went well..
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

The Bears need him.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Remarkable that he actually got Robbo’s ring. It’s not like he played that many games last year or had a noticeable impact. May go down as the worst player to get a GF ring whilst not actually playing in one tbh.
                    Robbo would not be out of line to ask for it back. Demand it Robbo!

Comment

Could be some of the same loyal experts who wanted to punt Jake, Joey and Toups over the years.

#eatyourown

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Could be some of the same loyal experts who wanted to punt Jake, Joey and Toups over the years.

#eatyourown
                        You forgot Robbo

Comment

he's only 23 , I'm still hopeful , he's not a starting forward yet I know but he shows so much promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post

It was Fittler I believe
                            Yeah it was Freddy ...apparently gave him Tennis balls to catch while he was at home , and told Braith to help he's patience not to stop the microwave before the bell dinged .

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                              Its sort of ironic that we get stuck up Collins for dropping the ball when the teams completion rate is the worst in the NRL.

Speaking of butter fingers anyone remember Brad Tessmann? I used to think if he could play first grade so could i. I got as far as the u/21s and a couple of reserve grade games- he played for Australia
                              Is that you ism22?

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                                It's a learned habit unfortunately. And this time right in our territory. This time I actually felt sorry for him as I did think there was a Gold Coast 'swipe' or attempted one involved. Enough to trigger the drop.

I can imagine how he would have felt. But what poor ball control he has on that first tackle. It'll cost him an NRL career if not already.
                                Unfortunately right now defending players WILL have a hand on the ball and attempt to strip the ball at the end of the tackle. I dunno how players deal with it but we seem to be adapting!!!

What makes matters worse is that we constantly get called back for not playing the ball on the mark. For example Crichton kept saying basically 'look if you are gonna continue to try and strip it, the tackle's not completed until you get off me... and all 3 of you had better get back 10m ASAP too otherwise you're offside!!!' Unfortunately the refs don't seem to have realised that sure you can do it but:
                                1. It's a hand on the ball so can't be a tactic for every tackle (ala Melbourne style). Rather, it's a hand on the ball penalty unless they start grappling for the ball AFTER 2 people have peeled off (in which case you run the risk of the attacking player gaining way more PCM than if you had 3 in the tackle).
                                2. The tackle's not over until the last player has dropped off you. They can steal the ball right up until they peel off (apparently) so fark me... you can play the ball from that moment too (and they've all gotta be back 10m from THAT mark... trying to strip ala Storm shouldn't give the defending team free metres).
                                3. If you don't go back 10m you're offside. Again... that rule's there so that tacklers fark off after the tackle rather than wrestling with you.
                                4. If refs call 'hand on the ball' and 'offside' then the interpretation change (which was introduced because of ludicrous situations where a guy would palm off 2 defenders, run 30m dragging a 3rd defender then get the benefit of a penalty for a strip if the 3rd tackler did a 1-on-1) will serve its purpose rather than turning it into yawnion... but where tacklers can come at you from all angles for a strip.
                                Last edited by ism22; 08-05-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X