Team list tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
    What's wrong with Nat Butcher? Is he being rested as roosterproud stated?

Oh, and while I'm here, does anyone know why the Roosters let Liam Knight go?
    Off Field Issues, He was highly rated by the club when we signed him even after his drink driving incident where he tried spraying aeroguard i think in his mouth.

Was always going to be a good player if he made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
      I'd be resting SST, he looked very ginger on his right knee at the end of the game last week. I thought the farmer was very strong for us when he came on and ran with plenty of vigour and aggression.
      SST made the break from which we eventually scored.I thought Morris was the one who looked a little ginger

Comment

I reckon Radley will start at dummy half with Verrills coming on after about 25mins.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Bold Prediction for this week Ryan Hall to score his first try for the Roosters

Comment

What's wrong with Nat Butcher? Is he being rested as roosterproud stated?

Oh, and while I'm here, does anyone know why the Roosters let Liam Knight go?
            There's a lot of sense in resting the young guys, newer to first grade, such as Butcher. Week in week out NRL has a greater effect on young bodies and Nat is one of our most promising.

As for Knight, he had his chance with Wyong. His problem was finding the right headspace and knucklng down. He looked fine in the U-20's for Manly and Robbo had a good opinion of him. It didn't work out at Wyong and we let him go.

Nice to see he is living some of that potential He had a big motor and was one of the hardest working props coming through the juniors. Skeltor seems to have motivated him.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
              Bold Prediction for this week Ryan Hall to score his first try for the Roosters
              then set up coops for his 100th try
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                i really hate our bench... love the players on it but we are so light in the middle and that could cost us in the finals.
                I see no problem with Tetevano, Crichton, Sitili, Butcher, Verrills...etc coming on when we sense tired opposition legs. IMO we've made a conscious decision to use large backs to punch the ball up the middle rather than rotating through lumbering forwards (they come into the middle of the field + call for the ball - Toops, Hall, Latrell & Manu ain't small fries!!!)

Some teams (e.g. the Cowboys) have stocked up on large forwards with the tactic of rotating big bodies all the time. Good luck to them. They're not making the top 8 with Matt Scott, Coen Hess and Scott Bolton on the bench.

People won't agree but watch Taumalolo. He strategically walks forward and waits for a chance to single out a smaller guy for big post-contact metres. This gets him big metres but he doesn't tackle or do a lot of runs... also he's usually too fat to do anything with the ball when he busts the line. I dunno how handy having him and Matt Scott doing this is!!! I'd much prefer to have Latrell and Toops doing that kinda work (think a Latrell tackle break + offload to Toops/Tedesco v a Taumalolo linebreak with an offload to another big forward). This then frees up the forwards to control our field position with their high workload and flawless tackling.
                Last edited by ism22; 07-24-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you Rooster90 and Louis N for your replies to my questions about Nat and Liam. It makes sense to rest Nat at this stage for the reasons you mention and I have to say the Roosters are blessed to be able to give Nat a break. As for Liam, I had high hopes for him and wanted him to do well here in the vein of JWH, but it seems it wasn't meant to be at the Roosters.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                    Man, Collins is way out of favour isn’t he?! What a fall from grace, had a real chance to excel this year. A real let down
                    If he keeps playing like he did last week, he'll get another shot

Comment

NRL.com in their early-late mail said they wouldn’t be surprised if tupou is rested...makes sense as he hasn’t had a break yet and give them an excuse to put Morris on the wing and sitili on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                        I'd be resting SST, he looked very ginger on his right knee at the end of the game last week. I thought the farmer was very strong for us when he came on and ran with plenty of vigour and aggression.
                        i saw that too. Noted he had a fair bump on it earlier in the game and ran it off. But he's been sore around that knee over the last couple of weeks, Can't afford to lose him. Agree with you about the Farmer looking more confident.
                        Last edited by Louis N; 07-24-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I'd be happy with Morris in for Hall, Sitilli on the bench and the good Farmer in for Tetevano.

Comment

Thank you Rooster90 and Louis N for your replies to my questions about Nat and Liam. It makes sense to rest Nat at this stage for the reasons you mention and I have to say the Roosters are blessed to be able to give Nat a break. As for Liam, I had high hopes for him and wanted him to do well here in the vein of JWH, but it seems it wasn't meant to be at the Roosters.
                            Isn't Liam that dude who got done doing 140 in a 70 zone with 0.175% alcohol in his system or something what at Manly? I hate to assume buuut...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Isn't Liam that dude who got done doing 140 in a 70 zone with 0.175% alcohol in his system or something what at Manly? I hate to assume buuut...
                              He is the guy who put Aeroguard in his mouth to try to trick the breath testing unit. Very smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                                I reckon Radley will start at dummy half with Verrills coming on after about 25mins.
                                I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X