No announcement yet.

Friend has a fracture to where the screw was inserted to reattach his bicep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stars are aligning...for a young man named Sam Verrills. He recently played aa starring role in NSW U-20's disposal of Qld. I was watching early today a replay of the Eoosters Panthers game in which he played longer minutes.

New to first grade but very talented rake. Smart quick service and very afst out of dummy half in attack. Defence, as always is a young newcomers test, plus 80 minutes concentration. He may not offer all of this yet, but Sam is a very handy player to have in this situation.

We have to use him and we have Tetevano yet to return to strengthen up front. The Silly Farmer is going okay though. And Butcher is confounding the critics.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
      The stars are aligning...for a young man named Sam Verrills. He recently played aa starring role in NSW U-20's disposal of Qld. I was watching early today a replay of the Eoosters Panthers game in which he played longer minutes.

New to first grade but very talented rake. Smart quick service and very afst out of dummy half in attack. Defence, as always is a young newcomers test, plus 80 minutes concentration. He may not offer all of this yet, but Sam is a very handy player to have in this situation.

We have to use him and we have Tetevano yet to return to strengthen up front. The Silly Farmer is going okay though. And Butcher is confounding the critics.
      I can't see Sam getting a crack this year. With Tets and Liu available next week and our attack being unleashed today, the easiest and correct decision is to drop Farmer. Sure Radley plays better at lock but we don't lose much with the backrow depth we have and he is a much better defender than Sam and can play 80 minutes.

But what a great replacement we have for Friend when he retires and I'm sure the opportunities will be there next year on the bench. I hope we keep him.

Comment

Next week is a good time to give Sam a decent run since it is the dogs. Give Rads and SST a rest.

Comment

I would line up like this against the Dogs:

Teddy
          Tupou
          Mitchell
          Morris
          Hall
          Keary
          Cronk
          JWH
          Verrills
          Tetevano
          Cordner
          Aubusson
          Butcher

Liu
          Faamausili
          Crichton
          Tupouinua

Comment

Originally I heard Friend wasn't available after rd 20, hope he wasn't rushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
              I really hope verills gets some proper game time at dummy half instead of 10 minutes at the end of games . Robbo has to show a bit of faith in him as we really need Radley at lock.
              Agree.
              Verills has played enough first grade and shown enough to be given a go at starting hooker.

Our hooker has gone down, we need to replace him with a hooker, not a lock.
              No more disjointing the team!

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Agree.
                Verills has played enough first grade and shown enough to be given a go at starting hooker.

Our hooker has gone down, we need to replace him with a hooker, not a lock.
                No more disjointing the team!
                Agreed. And a good game to start him against the dogs to see how he handles.
                Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Come semis time The inflictor will be the man at hooker..Verigreenellis will get a few runs up till then.
                  its taken all Season for Rads to get the groove why piss him off now..we have plenty of backrowers so I day he stays at hooker
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I wish we had've got Segeyaro as a back-up when he was available. Rads loses his impact at hooker and dummy half plays are slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
                      I would line up like this against the Dogs:

Teddy
                      Tupou
                      Mitchell
                      Morris
                      Hall
                      Keary
                      Cronk
                      JWH
                      Verrills
                      Tetevano
                      Cordner
                      Aubusson
                      Butcher

Liu
                      Faamausili
                      Crichton
                      Tupouinua
                      Why no SST in your line up?

Comment

This is one of those moment (ironically it was the same for Vic) where a rookie can step up and deliver something that only a wise few expect...

I have great hopes for Verrills

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Why no SST in your line up?
                          To give him a rest, he’s been the best of our forwards all year and has had a couple of head knocks recently.

Comment

An increased fracture risk often exists around surgical hardware (screws/plates), so the Roosters will have to be conservative with Friend’s return. Whilst the very best case scenario could see him return after a month, 6-8 weeks will more than likely be required to allow for adequate bone healing and reduce the risk of re-fracture.

From the DT

Comment

The Sydney Roosters squad have been assessed by Club medical staff following Saturday's match against the Newcastle Knights.

Captain Jake Friend was forced from the field early in the contest and was unable to return to the field.

Scans have confirmed that Friend sustained a fractured forearm that will see him sidelined for up to eight weeks while he undergoes rehab.

The remainder of the NRL squad made it through the match without injury concern and will be available for selection in our Round 19 match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Comment

Send him to mexico ,juice him up .he will be ready in a couple of weeks
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X