No announcement yet.

100% Footy - Andrew Webster's Comment on Fittler & Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn’t give a shot if the story is true or not.

freddy is a ****wit of the highest order, and sold out our club for his own benefit. **** him

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      I believe that Trew is referring to culture, not race.

The vast majority of Indigneous players come from small regional communties with laid back lifstyles; so to go from there to the big cities and pressures of being a pro footy player under a very regimental system - that must be quite the culture shock and takes its toll.

This might be an issue for some Indigenous players from these communities, but it is a gross generalisation just the same. The percentage of Indigenous players who have reached elite status far exceeds their 2-3% share of the population as a whole. Their representation in the Kangaroos team I think is about 25% and has been as high as 50% I think. How do you reconcile this fact with the idea that they can't handle the discipline required to succeed?

As for Latrell, he's a kid! Reading these posts, you'd think he's turned into a complete dud. He's down a bit on what he can do, but I've never seen a player who can do so much. He is an athlete and the form of all athletes fluctuates.

Freddy was speaking out of his arse and as for Webster, he will do anything he can to destabilise the Roosters to advance the cause of his Vermin mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

freddy is a ****wit of the highest order, and sold out our club for his own benefit. **** him
        Ive always been mindful and respectful of his contribution as a player to the mighty RWB but its hard to argue with you post his playing years.
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

I've posted on the forum before that Latrell Mitchell is the most gifted indigenous rugby league player I have seen since Arthur Beetson. And I've seen a lot of footballers in my time from the Larpa Stewart's to the Cliffy Lyons. No-one could come near the ball handling skills and sheer athleticism of Beetson, who came as a centre and finished a front rower. He had more impact on a game (as evidenced so many times in grand finals, Tests and the first SOO) than anyone of his generation.

Latrell Mitchell has that same potential in spades. He has great hands, a killer fend and runs through brick walls. He does things on a football field that no-one else does. When he is focused and his head is 100% Footy, there's no-one more dangerous in the game. And his best should be yet to come. We are privileged to have him in the side and while getting into a bidding war would impact on overall team harmony, we'll do everything to ensure he stays and progresses under the current coaching staff.

He will encounter disappointments along the way, but nobody would have a deeper appreciation for his natural talent than Freddy or Trent. I just look at the recent developments as a speed bump along the way, a learning curve. The Roosters have a strong culture and Latrell is part of that and would be supported by it. These are early days and I remember Artie going of the rails a bit at a similar age.

Luckily he had good mentors and the wisdom to know that without the conditioning and hard work, he wouldn't last in the game. He went on to become legend. In fact once when selectors left him out of an Australian side, they were ordered to go back in the selection room and come back with a team with him in it. He captained that Test side.

Latrell has the world in front of him. A young man, with family, and the potential to set himself up for life. It's not about the money. It's about honoring his natural gifts. If he does that - like Big Artie - the rest will come naturally. Every kid loves Latrell. It's a big responsibility. And he has to learn to balance all of those, without sacrificing his own needs. I think he has the right support at the Roosters to get there. But it takes time and patience.

So a little bit off the central subject but my thoughts on a central figure.
          Last edited by Louis N; 07-17-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
            I've posted on the forum before that Latrell Mitchell is the most gifted indigenous rugby league player I have seen since Arthur Beetson. I've posted this before on the forum. And I've seen a lot of footballers in my time from the Larpa Stewart's to the Cliffy Lyons. No-one could come near the ball handling skills and sheer athleticism of Beetson, who came as a centre and finished a front rower. He had more impact on a game (as evidenced so many times in grand finals, Tests and the first SOO) than anyone of his generation.

Latrell Mitchell has that potential. He has great hands, a killer fend and runs through brick walls. He does things on a football field that no-one else does. When he is focused and his head is 100% Footy, there's no-one more dangerous in the game. And his best should be yet to come. We are privileged to have him in the side and while getting into a bidding war would impact on overall team harmony, we'll do everything to ensure he stays and progresses under the current coaching staff.

He will encounter disappointments along the way, but nobody would have a deeper appreciation for his natural talent than Freddy. I just look at the recent developments as a speed bump along the way, a learning curve. The Roosters have a strong culture and Latrell is part of that and would be supported by it. These are early days and I remember Artie going of the rails a bit at a similar age. Luckily he had good mentors and the wisdom to know that without the conditioning and hard work, he wouldn't last in the game.

Latrell has the world in front of him. A young man, with family, and the potential to set himself up for life. It's not about the money. It's about honoring his natural gifts. If he does that - like Big Artie - the rest will come naturally. Every kid loves Latrell. It's a big responsibility. And he has to learn to balance all of those, without sacrificing his own needs. I think he has the right support at the Roosters to get there. But it takes time and patience.

So a little bit off the central subject but my thoughts on a central figure.
            Well said Louis and I agree. What I want for Latrell is for him to fully realize his potential and to see him grow into a leader both at our club and for the larger community, both indigenous and non-indigenous.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Yeah I would believe it. He was an unbelievable talent.
              One of my favourites.

During the summer the NRL channel did re-runs of classic matches. I've saved the semi v Norths in 97 and the Monday night game against Brisbane in 96.

Walker played a big part in both games. His touch finder from a penalty that ended in Lam's field goal against Norths was unbelievable. Went about 60 metres!

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

This might be an issue for some Indigenous players from these communities, but it is a gross generalisation just the same. The percentage of Indigenous players who have reached elite status far exceeds their 2-3% share of the population as a whole. Their representation in the Kangaroos team I think is about 25% and has been as high as 50% I think. How do you reconcile this fact with the idea that they can't handle the discipline required to succeed?

As for Latrell, he's a kid! Reading these posts, you'd think he's turned into a complete dud. He's down a bit on what he can do, but I've never seen a player who can do so much. He is an athlete and the form of all athletes fluctuates.

Freddy was speaking out of his arse and as for Webster, he will do anything he can to destabilise the Roosters to advance the cause of his Vermin mates.
                I love it how people like him and Peter Tunks forever bag the Roosters yet they live in the eastern suburbs.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Great post.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                    I love it how people like him and Peter Tunks forever bag the Roosters yet they live in the eastern suburbs.
                    Freddy lives on the North Shore

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame, but that's just how it is.
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        When he played for the Brumbies he was living in a bush block outside the ACT somewhere. Every chance he is still there.
                        He joined Hillsong and runs a lawnmower business in Sydney (https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why...14-gdlbhj.html).

Fukking leeches. Hillsong probably stole all the money he had left, gave him a bible and said 'we're so generous we're gonna put your number on our list of tradies so you can earn $1500 a week minus a 20% tithe mowing lawns for our congregation'. Vultures!

True story, a guy at an old workplace (who got moved on) is like 70 and has earned ~$115k a year for like 40 years. He cried and had this massive 'God will punish you' rant when he got moved on because he still has like 60% owing on his (pretty modest) mortgage coz like... 70%+ of his pay has gone to some fukking Pentecostal church.They even took his super (a generous defined benefit that they convinced him to take as a lump sum).
                        Last edited by ism22; 07-17-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He joined Hillsong and runs a lawnmower business in Sydney (https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why...14-gdlbhj.html).

Fukking leeches. Hillsong probably stole all the money he had left, gave him a bible and said 'we're so generous we're gonna put your number on our list of tradies so you can earn $1500 a week minus a 20% tithe mowing lawns for our congregation'. Vultures!

True story, a guy at an old workplace (who got moved on) is like 70 and has earned ~$115k a year for like 40 years. He cried and had this massive 'God will punish you' rant when he got moved on because he still has like 60% owing on his (pretty modest) mortgage coz like... 70%+ of his pay has gone to some fukking Pentecostal church.They even took his super (a generous defined benefit that they convinced him to take as a lump sum).
                          wonder what hillsong folks feel like they get out of their big dollar contribution where they dont learn the Bible... a building with music?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Fair point with Origin - $50k PER GAME!!! I suspect a lot of people on here would be lucky to clear that kinda cash in a year, working their butt off 9-5 (or greater).

Freddy picks his team and woulda copped it big time from the media if he didn't win. While I was initially angry about Latrell being dropped let's be frank... I do take such things personally because I'm a massive fan of the guy.

My observation with all journos/commentators is that they hold themselves in very high esteem and often have their own agenda going on. I get tired of reading reactionary media cr@p, where they ramble about how their muck stirring is all about 'freedom of speech' and how forces that be are trying to silence them (when really they're being ratbags and a lot of sensitive subjects need privacy for good reason... 99% of the time this does not mean there's a cover-up... it means people are being badgered by the media during sensitive moments and need some space).

While I'm no superstar, my current job involves knowing a lot of big news stories before the media. My opinion has developed into one that they're not particularly well educated and 90% of the time they'll miss the big, sensitive items in search of their own agenda. Frankly... this happens because they come in with their agenda, don't read the facts properly and instead, badger people with irrelevant questions that 'prove' their agenda along the lines of '[person] refused to answer yes or no, so it must be true'. They use the same trick every time and it gets the same, boring result.
                            Great post.

Comment

When Freddy was 20 he spent most of his time smoking bongs and getting hammered with his drink driving Penrith mates. Freddy had plenty of mediocre performances in big games as a rooster. Gould's personal problems are well known by most.

But it suits them now to hang Latrell out to dry AND bite the hand that fed them for a long time (Roosters Club).

I understand what Trewhella means and don't think he is being derogatory about indigenous by suggesting some of their needs are different to non indigenous - such as a modicum of cultural sensitivity about family matters like close relatives dying and the need for him to attend to this after SOO 1.

The fact that QLD had a weak side, and that another rooster in Tedesco played everyone else off the park, are the 2 things that saved Freddy from getting the hiding in the rest of SOO he deserved after his crappy behaviour and attitude.

Comment

I actually thought Brad was doing our club a favour
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X