No announcement yet.

Robbo calls the defense a disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the way Robbo said “they still only wanna play when they feel good”. That sums it up

it’s their friggin job. They should play motivated whether they feel good or bad.

complete absence of any hunger.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 07-14-2019, 06:52 PM.
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Cowboys played out of their skins today . Sprinting up in defence with cheetah like speed . Our defence in contrast was not the Bondi wall but give them credit, no slackers in this Roosters team ! We'll be there when it matters
      They were 14th on the ladder. We are the defending premiers.

It should have been a comfortable victory.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

damn ...i hooe you are wrong .. but that loss is concerning forsure.
        I hope I'm wrong too mate.

Just don't get the feeling this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          Just don't get the feeling this year.
          Going by Robbo at the press conference the players aren't feeling it either : P

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Still time left to put it all together, problem is we simply can't get a consistent run with everyone available, there is no way you can find a rhythm when the are 3-4 changes to the team each week.
            Inclined to agree, but then the only game we put it all together last year was the big one

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              They were 14th on the ladder. We are the defending premiers.

It should have been a comfortable victory.
              Agree with you . An attempt to put perspective on the situation . The cowboys won their grand final for 2019 today ... We played not badly as individuals but need to improve as a team no argument from me .

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Inclined to agree, but then the only game we put it all together last year was the big one
                Lol...and all our semis....its a head shrink time for them
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Robbo when will we hit the go button?
                  We will struggle to finish top 4 the way we are going. It’s time to motivate them. They are flat.

Comment

Teams have definitely lifted against us this year , completing at 90% has become the norm against us. The cowboys did it in the first half, I couldn’t care in the second half as they drained us in first half .
                    I am still confident enough to think we have a great shot at winning it with the talent we have.

Comment

When you have a team that contains Mitchell, Manu, Keary, Cronk, Chrichton, JWH, Friend, SST, Radley, Hall and BMoz...many of who other coaches would kill for. And they come out and play as unimaginative and uninspiring as yesterday...something is seriously wrong. And someting is seriously stupid to take one of your better performers off - Chrichton - was he injured?

Sure the Cowboys fielded a decent side for once. It was Cooper's 300th. But our errors, our inability to build pressure on them (a feature of last season's premiership glory), playing like strangers in attack with no variation. The lack of urgency to close out the game early and then the fumbling desperation to take the easy rout of field goal.

Cronk should have never tried that first attempt. Taumolo was all over him from the start. He had little room on his second attempt which went wide. Finally Keary got time and space for an easy shot which he bungled and from then our match was over. Friend's forward pass was simply icing on the cake. Pressure, which we don't react well to this year.

And Rooster6, I know you have that Cronk agenda, but he has not slowed down. He is still at the end of attacking moves, backing up breaks when we do manage to bust defences. He is still putting in saving covering tackles time after time.

But he would be getting sick of some of our cavalier efforts and falling into a few of our own 'bad habits'. And yes he does look frustrated - a 2018 GF retirement would have been perfect and I think he knows that now. We haven't learnt our lesson from 2014 on current form. But he did have a two year contract to fulfill.

It's a pity that the two best players on the paddock are recent imports who haven't fallen into the Roosters panic play patters. Ryan Hall and BMoz. They gave it a real go.
                      Last edited by Louis N; 07-15-2019, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Agree with you . An attempt to put perspective on the situation . The cowboys won their grand final for 2019 today ... We played not badly as individuals but need to improve as a team no argument from me .
                        Yeah I think one thing about the comp is that no teams are 'bad'... some are just REALLY poorly coached/managed.

I said this before the game. I don't care where they are on the ladder. The Cows ALWAYS have a disproportionate number of rep players. Matt Scott, Josh McGuire, Jason Taumalolo, Jordan McLean, Gavin Cooper, Scott Bolton... if you didn't know they were doing shyte, you'd have the Kangaroos forwards lining up against you + Taumalolo.

It's a dumb coach's team. A complete thick head could coach them to victory by doing the old 'move it up through the centre with the pigs' tactic. The only way you can beat them is by being smarter. We weren't smarter and we shoulda been!!!

I kid you not that the Raiders (not only Souffs) have jumped us now purely on PD? Why? Because they are stupid... but they put away all the rubbish teams. And no they don't have classy players. They have some nuffie called Nicoll-Klockstadt at FB... Wighton and Cotric playing Origin and fatarse Papalii crashing over if you give him space. They are the very definition of cr@p buuuut... we're playing like complete idiots.
                        Last edited by ism22; 07-15-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

defence and attack are both below par at the moment, we seem to be struggling the complete a set of 6 with losing possession, its a shame Manu dropped that last bomb, that eventually lead to them scoring that last try, he had a very good game up till then. JWH just never learns, first game back from suspension, and gets put on charge again, good player but brain dead it seems.

Comment

It's the soft tries up the middle that are concerning.

Our attack is clunky and was for most of last season. As pointed out by another poster it was only the first half of the GF that it all clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                              Robbo really disappointed with the defense on the Cowboys two try's, called it absolutely disgraceful in his press conference.
                              He's the only one who can fix it.

If I rang the Club offering advice "There are too many small guys in our team, and lots of big guys in other teams...big guys runs over little guys and score tries"...no one would listen, is my bet.

Comment

Watch the Rabbits beat them in FNQ next Sat.

Comment

Working...
                                X