No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many more of these types of losses are there gonna be this season? Broncos, Riff, Newcastle and Cows all games where we just didn't turn up. What is most upsetting is that they are playing like team at 9 or 10, not like a team looking to defend a premiership.

Comment

• Massive game v knights next week, at least we aren’t chasing the minor premiership this year. Top 4 might be out of reach if we lose to knights.

Comment

• As predicted...fans around me were complaining that Teddy and Cordner were rested.

Let's face it...our team is not as good as we think it is.
        Lost 6 of the last 7 games?

Burgess was correct.
        We're the only ones who will not see the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
          As predicted...fans around me were complaining that Teddy and Cordner were rested.

Let's face it...our team is not as good as we think it is.
          Lost 6 of the last 7 games?

Burgess was correct.
          We're the only ones who will not see the truth.
          We should be beating the slowest oldest side in the comp without cordner and teddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldrooster View Post
            Total crap effort. Trent ain't no Bellamy!
            Ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Keary and Cronk were woeful . Jake was rusty.Latrell looked like the only one that would do some thing yet once again they starved him of ball.Twice we had 2 sets on their line late second half and he got the ball in after they got it back and run up the middle looking for work.
              Extremely lazy effort .
              The only back to back their gonna get is up at oxford street.
              Agree, I was watching him closely, I don't know why they didn't get more ball too him, all the ball went right, or up the middle,
              He was there, but they ball would die before getting to him, and then he would became a Dummy-half.

We are not maintaining any pressure - too many errors and poor finishes and putting pressure on ourselves

Comment

• Playing this game in Gosford was a dumb idea due to the match scheduling by the NRL - 2 consecutive games in Brisbane then Newcastle then Penrith and the Adelaide game etc. I game at the SCG since round 9 !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by "gaz" View Post

Agree, I was watching him closely, I don't know why they didn't get more ball too him, all the ball went right, or up the middle,
                  He was there, but they ball would die before getting to him, and then he would became a Dummy-half.

We are not maintaining any pressure - too many errors and poor finishes and putting pressure on ourselves
                  Seems like a backrower gets the ball when he should... Then they go the opposite way next play. Not sure if they are looking for a quick play the ball then go short... Not working whatever it is.

Comment

• Good home crowd & it looked good on TV. I enjoyed the game because it was a close & even.
                    The Cowboys have got a side that on their day can beat anyone & like every other side they lift when they play the Premiers. I dont think anyone from the Roosters played badly but it just wasnt their day.
                    It was Ryan Halls best game so far for the Roosters & it was looking like a perfect comeback from Friend with a 40/20 & his solo try but he then stuffed up with a forward pass to Radley which was critical & probably lost them the game. The highlight for me was JWH sorting Maguire out but it will cost him 2 to 3 weeks I think. Ive said it a few times before & that is the Roosters need their best 17 on the paddock to win the comp.

Comment

• Hard to fire up for a game you're expected to win , give us win at all costs challenge any time .. Cowboys highlight of the year beating the reigning premier's pretty easy to fire up for . As good as it gets for them this year but well played to them. Many missed opportunities, Latrell's little forward to Toops , missed field goals it goes on . Another loss at Gosford does not endear me to playing there either !

Comment

• I’ve been thinking for a while now. I reckon Cronk has played one season too long. Has very little influence this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          I’ve been thinking for a while now. I reckon Cronk has played one season too long. Has very little influence this year.
                          I think he can snap out of it...give him another mill
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Cronk should just give it away now if he’s not going to improve

Comment

• Cronk's half time comments that we were playing ahead of ourselves and trying to score rather than laying the platform first and putting pressure on the opposition proved correct. Little changed in the second half. And Cronk was outplayed by a schoolkid...but then so were the whole team. Forwards terrible...as they always are at Gosford.

The defence to stop John Asiata was honestly pathetic and not only Nat involved there. No attempt was made to move up and limit Asiata's run. The Storm would never be so bunched and disorganized that close to the line.

Our field goal attempts were hurried, absolutely telegraphed and poorly executed. Cronk made, and has made lately, uncharacteristic handling errors. His defensive game is still watertight but It's unlike him. I'm not to sure whether he is happy with the current team direction. The chip and chase in the first half was not Cronk. He's a percentage player. It was more a Mitchell Moses move.

Keary is also way below form with badly directed passes and errors. Mitchell either gets bad ball or is so crowded he has little to do but pass it. Bad luck about the Tupou try and Butcher being over the line and unable to ground it. Ryan Hall is also too crowded. Morris's try was a no choice run by BMoz. Our talented backs are being crowded and hammered by opposition defences. We're too lateral and running out of space. Straighten the attack up.

A big reason is we don't have control of the middle. Our forwards are losing control of the ruck, with the exceptions of JWH and SST and the brief appearances of Angus. Ryan Hall would do better. That Cowboys game had to be the final wake up call. So much for the timed run. Our 1975 side won 19 straight. I didn't hurt their premiership chances. They won 38 nil.
                              Last edited by Louis N; 07-14-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• We had a guy at fullback who can only play one side of the field and that's not the side that Mitchell plays on so straight away our attack is limited. I would have switched Manu and Morris around, that way there would have only been one player playing out of position, and Morris supports through the middle far better than Manu.

Comment

Working...
                                X