Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

With Jake back and Rads where he belongs we should see an improvement in both attack and defence. With the Cowboys missing their only playmaker there is no excuse not to win and win well. Origin is over and the business end of the season is here.

Go Roosters.

We should win comfortably here.Cows are a shit side.
    only danger is Tamosteamroller...and seeing an interview with him this week he is one angry bull.
    They have a good forward pack who havnt been having a go.
    Stop the bull and you stop everything they have got.
    Last edited by The Brain; 07-14-2019, 08:25 AM.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Easts should have a decent win today. As Brain said Taumalolo the threat to nullify. We have our own version back with SST.

Welcome back Jake.

Halldog first try in the rwb today.
      To our fans we tell you
      If you have not been told
      We play this game for all of us
      We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

come on chooks, put these banana benders away ( i live in cairns haha ) yea if were serious this year , we should win by more then a converted try ....go chooks

Comment

We should win by 12+
          I look at Melbourne and think we are well off the pace.

Comment

Keen to see Jake go and if he will play 80
            Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
              We should win by 12+
              I look at Melbourne and think we are well off the pace.
              Few weeks ago, against a fresh Melbourne, with a patch up team we weren't far off the pace
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Keen to see Jake go and if he will play 80
                He might be eased in off the bench,
                "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

The Cowboys are real underachievers when you look at the depth and strength of their forward pack.

I think the game has been moved to the Central Coast to keep Scott Bolton out of the Eastern Suburbs nightclubs. Speaking of Bolton he copped a 10 week suspension by the NRL which was to be halved (totally ludicrous) if he addressed the 16 captains about his indiscretion at the Magic round earlier in the year. I'm not sure what the hell this stunt was supposed to prove.......i'm sure the captains didn't need to hear personally from Bolton that what he did was wrong. Was it just to shame Bolton in front of his peers like what a child of 6 would receive in a primary school punishment?

Of course Greenberg's merry men couldn't organise a fart in a curry eating competition so it never eventuated......so Bolton has got off those 5 weeks scot-free (pardon pun). Apparently getting the 16 captains together at the same place and same time proved too difficult for the NRL.....yes the same mob who are "running" the game.

By the way of suspensions the NRL deemed the Pearce-Poodle incident worse than Boltons common assault charge in which he received a 12 month good behaviour bond by the courts. Figure that one out!!

Comment

Dry ,fast track with a daytime game today so I'm hopeful we play some footy even with the two rep boys rested and am expecting a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                      The Cowboys are real underachievers when you look at the depth and strength of their forward pack.

I think the game has been moved to the Central Coast to keep Scott Bolton out of the Eastern Suburbs nightclubs. Speaking of Bolton he copped a 10 week suspension by the NRL which was to be halved (totally ludicrous) if he addressed the 16 captains about his indiscretion at the Magic round earlier in the year. I'm not sure what the hell this stunt was supposed to prove.......i'm sure the captains didn't need to hear personally from Bolton that what he did was wrong. Was it just to shame Bolton in front of his peers like what a child of 6 would receive in a primary school punishment?

Of course Greenberg's merry men couldn't organise a fart in a curry eating competition so it never eventuated......so Bolton has got off those 5 weeks scot-free (pardon pun). Apparently getting the 16 captains together at the same place and same time proved too difficult for the NRL.....yes the same mob who are "running" the game.

By the way of suspensions the NRL deemed the Pearce-Poodle incident worse than Boltons common assault charge in which he received a 12 month good behaviour bond by the courts. Figure that one out!!
                      Talking of wind, is it expected to abate in Central Coast by 2pm?
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Possibly...what have you been eating?
                        To our fans we tell you
                        If you have not been told
                        We play this game for all of us
                        We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Possibly...what have you been eating?
                          Quoting random rooster

Of course Greenberg's merry men couldn't organise a fart in a curry eating competition so it never eventuated......
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Collins is playing for the Bears today so he won't be coming into the first grade team today, so that just leaves the questions whether Verrills gets a spot of the bench or stays as 18th man.

Comment

FINAL SQUAD
                              1. Joseph Manu
                              2. Daniel Tupou
                              3. Latrell Mitchell
                              4. Brett Morris
                              5. Ryan Hall
                              6. Luke Keary
                              7. Cooper Cronk
                              8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
                              13. Victor Radley
                              10. Siosiua Taukeiaho