Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbo resting players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Robbo resting players

    It's very very smart.

    You could see we were fresh and firing come finals time last year.

    And I anticipate the same this year with Robbo resting players even more.

    So the question is, why haven't other clubs followed suit? Specifically the Storm.

    They're 13-2 and yet all of their Origin stars have backed up tonight. I find that to be crazy.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Itís cams 400th, they were all gonna play in this one, Melbourne can play their reserve grade team for the next month and still keep top spot.

    manly rested turbo today and it cost them, the ladder is that clustered, not many want to drop some crucial matches around this time, we are also lucky that we donít have Cronk, keary, latrell, jwh, Friend and co involved.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's quite amazing how we only ended up with 2 Origin players for games 2 and 3.

      It couldn't have panned out better for us. We really are so well positioned that it must be frightening for the opposition.

      Just on Melbourne though I still think it's mental to have all 6 Origin reps back up.

      Comment


      • #4
        the problem i see , our ceiling is higher then melbourne, but our basement is lower as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Melbourne are so far in front on the table, I'm sure Bellyache will rest players a few weeks out from the semis

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, we have yet to know if this tactic is a good idea
            "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

            George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mattyh View Post
              the problem i see , our ceiling is higher then melbourne, but our basement is lower as well.
              Interesting point and well put.
              Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

              Comment


              • #8
                I think it's a great idea. Origin is physically and mentally draining. Boyd in particular needed a break.
                We saw what happened to other teams last year that did not rest players.
                Robbo has even told them to not come near the place.
                Both are country boys so no doubt they are spending time away from the big smoke and will be freshened up and ready to go next week.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dirty old grub Bennett never rested Cook who played 80 minutes on Wednesday. Old fossil obviously doesnít care much for player welfare.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe this idea could transfer to the workplace and my boss will give me extra leave because it will freshen me up?
                    Get out of the way, I'm next

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                      Maybe this idea could transfer to the workplace and my boss will give me extra leave because it will freshen me up?
                      Can't see why not. My employer does this after big events where I've been crunching out ridiculous hours.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As long as it doesnít cost us a top 4 spot Iím ok with it but so far it has only resulted in both a loss of form and combinations. We now play like strangers especially in attack. I hope Robbo doesnít gamble with it so much that we lose our top 4 spot.
                        Close your eyes to racial differences and welcome all with the light of oneness." - (Baha’u’llah)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          It's very very smart.

                          You could see we were fresh and firing come finals time last year.

                          And I anticipate the same this year with Robbo resting players even more.

                          So the question is, why haven't other clubs followed suit? Specifically the Storm.

                          They're 13-2 and yet all of their Origin stars have backed up tonight. I find that to be crazy.

                          Thoughts?
                          It worked a treat today!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kelby View Post

                            It worked a treat today!
                            Lol.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              4 pts so far and I'm being genourous.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X