Sheer Privilege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

He should have two Wally Lewis medals. What a farce they gave it to Slater.
    Phil Gould highlighted that. When asked who he thought would win the 2019 Wally Lewis medal on the 100% Footy Show a couple of weeks back, replied 'Billy Slater'. It's been a standing joke. Not that Slater wasn't great in 2018 nut he only played two games.

Teddy has been unlucky on both occasions. If he doesn't get the Golden Boot this year I'll be surprised, but not as surprised as last year.

Just on the Teddy v Mini comparisons. Mini was the catalyst who brought Teddy across. Mini promised Teddy it would improve his form and that he would help coach him. Teddy is a much better player now than he was when we bought him. Mini is integral to that. A case of two heads are better than one.

Teddy being a Roosters fan from a kid is a big factor. He WANTS to wear the Roosters colors. It means a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Phil Gould highlighted that. When asked who he thought would win the 2019 Wally Lewis medal on the 100% Footy Show a couple of weeks back, replied 'Billy Slater'. It's been a standing joke. Not that Slater wasn't great in 2018 nut he only played two games.

Teddy has been unlucky on both occasions. If he doesn't get the Golden Boot this year I'll be surprised, but not as surprised as last year.

Just on the Teddy v Mini comparisons. Mini was the catalyst who brought Teddy across. Mini promised Teddy it would improve his form and that he would help coach him. Teddy is a much better player now than he was when we bought him. Mini is integral to that. A case of two heads are better than one.

Teddy being a Roosters fan from a kid is a big factor. He WANTS to wear the Roosters colors. It means a lot!
      I liked how Slater took that from Gould. He pissed himself.

Comment

We should thank Ivan Cleary for the opportunity to have Teddy in our colours - he was the one who convinced TigPies HQ that if Teddy and Woods didn't sign a new contract by a certain date, all offers were off the table. The two of them didn't take kindly to being blackmailed, didn't sign by the deadline, and so were thrown off the bus, and Ivan jumped off a year or so later.

How the TigPies must be regretting that turn of events back in 2017. I reckon there's a good chance both players would have stayed at the TigPies if the situation had been handled differently.
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I was worried when we signed Tedesco mainly due to the injuries he had, alwasy thought he was a good player. But he has taken it to another level. I think someone on foxsports said it the other day. that he used to do what he did based on his own ability, but at the Roosters he has been taught to do it as part of a system and with more smarts ( I have it wrong but reasonably close) and I think thats got a bit to do with less injuries too.

I think I remember someone saying he approached the Roosters because he really wanted to play here, that makes it even better
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
            We should thank Ivan Cleary for the opportunity to have Teddy in our colours - he was the one who convinced TigPies HQ that if Teddy and Woods didn't sign a new contract by a certain date, all offers were off the table. The two of them didn't take kindly to being blackmailed, didn't sign by the deadline, and so were thrown off the bus, and Ivan jumped off a year or so later.

How the TigPies must be regretting that turn of events back in 2017. I reckon there's a good chance both players would have stayed at the TigPies if the situation had been handled differently.
            Yes but Teddy would be half the player.

On Woods, the damage he has done to Cronulla is excellent.

Comment

Teddy is out of this world. We might not have even seen his best yet. Also a great effort from Fergo. Wouldn't he be handy for the back end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Worthless View Post
                Mini under the high ball.

No one better. Safe as houses.

Now grubbers....
                2003 GF anyone???

Comment

I vote Latrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    I was worried when we signed Tedesco mainly due to the injuries he had, alwasy thought he was a good player. But he has taken it to another level. I think someone on foxsports said it the other day. that he used to do what he did based on his own ability, but at the Roosters he has been taught to do it as part of a system and with more smarts ( I have it wrong but reasonably close) and I think thats got a bit to do with less injuries too.

I think I remember someone saying he approached the Roosters because he really wanted to play here, that makes it even better
                    I dont know about that, Mini was sent by Nick to convince him to come to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      I vote Latrell.
                      How good is it that we don't have to choose?

Comment

One area of the game where Teddy is far superior to mini is in his passing ability , it's been his biggest improvement to his all round game from when he was at the tigers and now is the equal or better than any other fullback. Other teams fans always like to mention us buying top class players but never give credit how much they improve as players under Robbos tutelage. Both Teddy and Keary have improved markedly since being at the chooks . Whilst Teddy should win the golden boot for his form over the last two years I would still argue that Keary is our most important player as his effect on the rest of the players is immeasurable. If Keary plays well we win whereas I've seen Teddy have a blinder and we still can lose . We are pretty blessed to have them both in their prime .

Comment

surely my neighbours have now reached a conclusion after last night that I'm definitely involved in sexual relations with a bloke called Teddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
                            surely my neighbours have now reached a conclusion after last night that I'm definitely involved in sexual relations with a bloke called Teddy.
                            This Ted???

Seth-MacFarlane-Ted.jpg
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Teddy can pass and catch ...and has obviously a lot of try assists our worst signing ever wins hands down
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                                One area of the game where Teddy is far superior to mini is in his passing ability , it's been his biggest improvement to his all round game from when he was at the tigers and now is the equal or better than any other fullback. Other teams fans always like to mention us buying top class players but never give credit how much they improve as players under Robbos tutelage. Both Teddy and Keary have improved markedly since being at the chooks . Whilst Teddy should win the golden boot for his form over the last two years I would still argue that Keary is our most important player as his effect on the rest of the players is immeasurable. If Keary plays well we win whereas I've seen Teddy have a blinder and we still can lose . We are pretty blessed to have them both in their prime .
                                Well put. It's not just Teddy and Keary. The argument can also be made that Robbo has helped Maloney, Fergo and RTS reach levels that they might not have been able to hadn't they not come to the Roosters.

I'm a firm believer that great clubs make really good players into legends. Very rarely will you have a good player single handedly carry a team to glory
                                Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 07-11-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X