No announcement yet.

Sheer Privilege

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Mini vs Teddy discussion one thing that they have in common is their ability to pin ball off defenders. I haven't seen anyone else do it better than these two.

Comment

In my time of following the Roosters I am fortunate to have watched some great fullbacks
      Allan Mc Kean ( highest points scorer until Fitzy broke his record)
      Russell Fairfax
      Ian Schubert
      Marty Gurr
      Andrew Walker
      Mini
      Tedesco.
      Honorable mention to Rod Silva.

Comment

And everybody likes him even though he is a roosters player, has a lot of respect from everyone. Raiders fans must be thinking what may have been.

seems to play with even more tempo for NSW, probably because it is only a 3 game series, nice rest for him this week.

Comment

Hoping they have more sensible criteria for judging the Golden Boot. Should include performances in club football as well. Believe last year it was just based on internationals.

Comment

Anyone who doubts minis passing should look at 3 mins 10 secs in. Iím still hard

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Anyone who doubts minis passing should look at 3 mins 10 secs in. Iím still hard
              I was going to say exactly the same thing Axe. Iím a huge Teddy fan, but Mini will always be one of my absolute favourites. From 2003-2005 he was phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                In my time of following the Roosters I am fortunate to have watched some great fullbacks
                Allan Mc Kean ( highest points scorer until Fitzy broke his record)
                Russell Fairfax
                Ian Schubert
                Marty Gurr
                Andrew Walker
                Mini
                Tedesco.
                Honorable mention to Rod Silva.
                Luke Phillips was one of our best. Wayne Portlock and Gary Worth went ok too.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  Hoping they have more sensible criteria for judging the Golden Boot. Should include performances in club football as well. Believe last year it was just based on internationals.
                  Unless they schedule some game for Australia at the end of the year, Tedesco wonít be winning the Golden Boot.

There was a player rated award from RLIF that in true rugby league style, disappeared never to be seen again.
                  Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

I think people are missing the point of the thread.

Teddy is a stand out best player in the world.

We probably haven't had that since Dave Brown. Even Artie had Fulton there.

Mini was great but at no time was he a standout best payer in the world. His best years were at fullback before he got injured. They were 2003-2005. For the first two of those years you don't have to even look outside our team to find a better player. For the last one look outside our team and there is Joey and Lockyer for a start. No way he was a standout best player like Teddy is.

Now that may be because they were in different eras (the recent retirements help) and people who think Mini was better than Teddy are certainly entitled to their opinion. But that was not the point of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                      And everybody likes him even though he is a roosters player, has a lot of respect from everyone. Raiders fans must be thinking what may have been.

seems to play with even more tempo for NSW, probably because it is only a 3 game series, nice rest for him this week.
                      Funny you should say that. A Knights mate of mine said yesterday he just can't warm to him. Said something about Teddy rubs him the wrong way. I was surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        I think people are missing the point of the thread.

Teddy is a stand out best player in the world.

We probably haven't had that since Dave Brown. Even Artie had Fulton there.

Mini was great but at no time was he a standout best payer in the world. His best years were at fullback before he got injured. They were 2003-2005. For the first two of those years you don't have to even look outside our team to find a better player. For the last one look outside our team and there is Joey and Lockyer for a start. No way he was a standout best player like Teddy is.

Now that may be because they were in different eras (the recent retirements help) and people who think Mini was better than Teddy are certainly entitled to their opinion. But that was not the point of the thread.
                        I'd say Teddy is arguably the best player in the world atm. If you look at fullbacks (and hard to compare a fullback to, say, a forward), Teddy is better than, say, Ponga, but Ponga probably has a better passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                          Thanks for that. Yep great pass by Mini.

Gotta say the pass by Maloney was def forward - lucky refs couldn't keep up with the play.

But penalty try to Lyon was about the softest I've seen, and Manly's first try would have been disallowed for an obstruction had it been referred to video ref.

Comment

One area that James Tedesco is champion in is those chompers.

Comment

Worst signing ever. Comedy classic!

Comment

Teddy has played the fullback position in Origin at the highest level I've ever seen.

Not Lockyer, not Mini, not Slater, not GI, and not Hayne have reached the incredible heights that Teddy has the past couple of years.

He's honestly played about 3 of the 5 best individual Origin performances I've seen.

He is INCREDIBLE and will now lead us to another Premiership as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X