Friend returns Teddy/Cordner to be rested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
    Like Kelby I really hope we're not rusihing Friendy, or moreso that Friendy isn't rushing Friendy. Our for and against differential is way, way behind the Storm at this point. A big reason is Friend's absence in the middle.

The last time he had a serious injury (this one was life threatening) was when he was rushed to hospital unconscious with a collapsed lung. It was right near semis time in 2014 and we were defending our 2013 title, with Hastings and Aubbo alternating the hooker role. Our attack was suffering badly. Friend made this remarkable 'recovery' to front up in the semi-final and our hopes rose. That game too was against the Cowboys.

We scraped home I think something like 31 to 30 thanks to a James Maloney field goal. We had the game in the bag after a Mitch Pearce length of field try off and errant Michael Morgan kick and some great attacking plays. Then Gavin Cooper ran twenty metres past a lazy arm grab from Pearce, Mini spilled a bomb and they had enough incentive to sniff a come back at 30-12 at half time.

Thurston was masterful. Mini compounded his errors in the second half in the worst game I have ever seen him play. Tuivasa Sheck wasn't much better.

But we got the money.
    You remember the game well. Thurston tried to claim the "hand of God" when he collected a knock on in the dying seconds and tried to claim what would have been the winnng try.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
      Like Kelby I really hope we're not rusihing Friendy, or moreso that Friendy isn't rushing Friendy. Our for and against differential is way, way behind the Storm at this point. A big reason is Friend's absence in the middle.

The last time he had a serious injury (this one was life threatening) was when he was rushed to hospital unconscious with a collapsed lung. It was right near semis time in 2014 and we were defending our 2013 title, with Hastings and Aubbo alternating the hooker role. Our attack was suffering badly. Friend made this remarkable 'recovery' to front up in the semi-final and our hopes rose. That game too was against the Cowboys.

We scraped home I think something like 31 to 30 thanks to a James Maloney field goal. We had the game in the bag after a Mitch Pearce length of field try off and errant Michael Morgan kick and some great attacking plays. Then Gavin Cooper ran twenty metres past a lazy arm grab from Pearce, Mini spilled a bomb and they had enough incentive to sniff a come back at 30-12 at half time.

Thurston was masterful. Mini compounded his errors in the second half in the worst game I have ever seen him play. Tuivasa Sheck wasn't much better.

But we got the money.
      Their for and against is only superior cause of fricken Parramatta.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        I think we need a centre in the off season.
        Curtis Scott
        Jesse Ramein

Why? We have Manu and Latrell.
        Those guys mentioned aren't going to come here as under-studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          Keary switches often during a game.
          I'll have to watch more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            Even Todd Carney thought their beer was shyte and buggered off.

He had an entirely different idea of what getting on the piss was.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

You remember the game well. Thurston tried to claim the "hand of God" when he collected a knock on in the dying seconds and tried to claim what would have been the winnng try.
              LOL I remember that one...

I also remember selling my GF tickets to some Bullflogz fan for $$$. Always a silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                I think we need a centre in the off season.
                Curtis Scott
                Jesse Ramein

We need a centre like George Rose needs another Krispy Kreme.

Comment

Well Morgan won't be playing for the Cowboys on Sunday, just got knocked senseless in SOO3, absolutely no way he passes the concussion protocol in time to play this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                    Well Morgan won't be playing for the Cowboys on Sunday, just got knocked senseless in SOO3, absolutely no way he passes the concussion protocol in time to play this weekend.
                    He got KOd against the Dragons last week too, no hope in hell he plays this weekend.

Comment

I'm glad Teddy & Boyd are getting a rest after that. Both absolutely busted their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        I'm glad Teddy & Boyd are getting a rest after that. Both absolutely busted their ass.
                        Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Bowzy View Post

He got KOd against the Dragons last week too, no hope in hell he plays this weekend.
                          Yeah and this one was pretty bad and obviously showed the effects. Cows have a good pack and Drinkwater goes good but the rest of the backline are perhaps the least dangerous in the comp...

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I had my heart in my mouth at that stage awaiting the decision. But we should have never let them near us and we almost got bumped out so early in the peace. Error after error and we could't stop Matt Scott and Taulomolo.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Their for and against is only superior cause of fricken Parramatta.
                              That's a fair point with their 64-10 thrashing of the Eels. It's more than that Thirteen. It's still around 95 points, way ahead of the pack and us by 6 points per game. But take that away and it comes back to around 3 points per game. We can catch that easily enough once we unleash.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                                Yeah, the concussion protocol has 6 stages. It was sickening watching him convulsing on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X