Friend returns Teddy/Cordner to be rested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    I'd prefer Manu on the centres with Morris at fullback. Thought he did well there when Manu came off.

Manu needs to find form in the centres and run off Keary now that he is back.
    Many wonít be running off Keary when one plays left side one plays right.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Hehe. Personally I'm not superstitious. I want to win every game. We'll probably drop a game or two, but if we win the thirteen straight - that would be fine by me! I used to tell people that my lucky number was 13.
      Iíve always been a fan of 13.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Was just looking at their team list, with that forward pack there is no way they should be near the bottom of the ladder.
        No need to suddenly fear a team who are shit as confirmed by their spot on the ladder. There is a reason we are The Premiers.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
          Cows big forwards will treat this game as their grand final. I would not be resting anyone.
          Trust Robbo. He seems to know what he is doing and thinks
          long term.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 07-09-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Good call to rest the Origin lads. We are a club with great depth to cover these times.
            My friend keeps saying "Cheer up mate it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water". I know he means well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              Good call to rest the Origin lads. We are a club with great depth to cover these times.
              Agree completely.

Comment

Was just looking at their team list, with that forward pack there is no way they should be near the bottom of the ladder.
                Not the pack it's the coach

that year they knocked us out of the finals he received a massive pay rise

they let Ponga go & they've been shite ever since

Has never changed his play book in years
                "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

No need to suddenly fear a team who are shit as confirmed by their spot on the ladder. There is a reason we are The Premiers.
                  Many reasons....

One being Radley back at 13
                  "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Yeah the Cows are ALWAYS one of those teams that I look at and be like 'HOW DO THEY FIT ALL OF THAT UNDER THE CAP?!?!?' Then I see where they are on the ladder and think wooow... they must be REALLY poorly coached/managed. I kid you not they have (available):
                    8. McGuire (Kangaroo)
                    9. Granville (highly rated)
                    10. McLean (Kangaroo)
                    11. Cooper (QLD)
                    12. Hess (QLD)
                    13. Taumalolo (World's best forward)

Reserves
                    - Matt Scott (Kangaroo)
                    - Asiata (Tonga)
                    - Scott Bolton (Solid)

Then they have all the amazing young playmakers that woulda cost $$$ to snare:
                    - Scott Drinkwater
                    - Ben Hampton
                    - Te Maire Martin
                    - Kahu

This kinda team's always tough to beat because they have the sheer $$$ worth of large, international forwards to barge over the top of us. However, they've got no tactics. JT was a great addition because he's a really good ad-lib player who can make something outta nothing for a disorganised rabble of thugs. They're somewhat lacking without him, but still have the brute strength to give us hell (and get us injured/suspended in the process).

Fukking Cows!!! We know that the only reason they can afford to consistently have so many internationals is a frigging property investment scam where an 'unrelated party' randomly offers all the boys free houses and shyte with a nudge-nudge, wink-wink that they'll stay. Glad they paid $1.2 million a season a few years back for that nuffy fullback that we were considering signing as a 5/8. Was p!ssed at the time but sorry... who was he? Hate the Cows. Always will! At one stage I remember they had like 7 Kangaroos and still came ~13th.
                    Last edited by ism22; 07-09-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Iíd like to think so Tommy, but I always worry about these games on the Central Coast. Our record is not good there.
                      Ewww gross I forgot about that!

We always save our worst performances for the Central Coast.

Hopefully the Cowboys are depressed at having very little to play for with their season well and truly on life support.

Comment

Ism, I presume you mean Lachlan Coote.

Comment

Geez, it's good to see Rads in that 13 jumper again.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Glad they paid $1.2 million a season a few years back for that nuffy fullback that we were considering signing as a 5/8. Was p!ssed at the time but sorry... who was he? Hate the Cows. Always will! At one stage I remember they had like 7 Kangaroos and still came ~13th.
                            Who is the player youíre talking about?

Comment

Like Kelby I really hope we're not rusihing Friendy, or moreso that Friendy isn't rushing Friendy. Our for and against differential is way, way behind the Storm at this point. A big reason is Friend's absence in the middle.

The last time he had a serious injury (this one was life threatening) was when he was rushed to hospital unconscious with a collapsed lung. It was right near semis time in 2014 and we were defending our 2013 title, with Hastings and Aubbo alternating the hooker role. Our attack was suffering badly. Friend made this remarkable 'recovery' to front up in the semi-final and our hopes rose. That game too was against the Cowboys.

We scraped home I think something like 31 to 30 thanks to a James Maloney field goal. We had the game in the bag after a Mitch Pearce length of field try off and errant Michael Morgan kick and some great attacking plays. Then Gavin Cooper ran twenty metres past a lazy arm grab from Pearce, Mini spilled a bomb and they had enough incentive to sniff a come back at 30-12 at half time.

Thurston was masterful. Mini compounded his errors in the second half in the worst game I have ever seen him play. Tuivasa Sheck wasn't much better.

But we got the money.
                              Last edited by Louis N; 07-10-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                                Like Kelby I really hope we're not rusihing Friendy, or moreso that Friendy isn't rushing Friendy. Our for and against differential is way, way behind the Storm at this point. A big reason is Friend's absence in the middle.

The last time he had a serious injury (this one was life threatening) was when he was rushed to hospital unconscious with a collapsed lung. It was right near semis time in 2014 and we were defending our 2013 title, with Hastings and Aubbo alternating the hooker role. Our attack was suffering badly. Friend made this remarkable 'recovery' to front up in the semi-final and our hopes rose. That game too was against the Cowboys.

We scraped home I think something like 31 to 30 thanks to a James Maloney field goal. We had the game in the bag after a Mitch Pearce length of field try off and errant Michael Morgan kick and some great attacking plays. Then Gavin Cooper ran twenty metres past a lazy arm grab from Pearce, Mini spilled a bomb and they had enough incentive to sniff a come back at 30-12 at half time.

Thurston was masterful. Mini compounded his errors in the second half in the worst game I have ever seen him play. Tuivasa Sheck wasn't much better.

But we got the money.
                                We are sitting 2nd on the ladder, there is absolutely no reason to rush friend back, so he must be ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X