If at full strength.... Who gets 17?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Whilst your observation has some validity where does that leave radley once friend is back? He’s not a second rower and has produced his best from lock.
    Radley reminds me a fair bit of chris Flannery, who was one on my favourites in the early nought years
    I said this in another thread but whilst Chrichton hitting some form at lock is awesome it's really not for the balance of our best 17. For the balance of our best 17 Crichton really needs to be a 2nd rower but he just hasn't produced in that position this year and it puts him in a 3-way battle with Butcher & Radley for 2 lock spots.

There's less upside to Aubusson but you know what you're going to get from him and when our right egde was humming at the business end of the season it was Aubusson who was shifted there 1 week before finals so I'd suggest they're looking to reignite that combo.

I think Radley may end up being a victim of his versatility and end up sliding into that utility role. It's definitely an interesting situation.

Comment

Sorry if its a stupid question but would Butcher be considered a prop or a second rower? He and Sitili have both been really impressive this year. Sitili is maybe more aggressive but Butcher is a real footballer. I just hope the poor guy stops getting compared to Gallen. Metres yes but steroids and all of the rest no.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
        Sorry if its a stupid question but would Butcher be considered a prop or a second rower? He and Sitili have both been really impressive this year. Sitili is maybe more aggressive but Butcher is a real footballer. I just hope the poor guy stops getting compared to Gallen. Metres yes but steroids and all of the rest no.
        I think he looks a little too small for a traditional prop, I prefer him roaming and utilising his offloading skills rather than be a battering ram ala sam moa. But I trust the coaching hierarchy will know the best use of his talents.

Comment

Tedesco
          Tupou
          Latrell
          Manu
          Morris
          Keary
          Cronk
          JWH
          Friend
          SST
          Cordner
          Crichton
          Radley

Liu
          Tetavano
          Butcher
          Aubo

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

He was exceptional then looked less good when he was shifted to second row after Manu's injury. Lock is definitely his position for the rest of the season. I don't see Robbo going back from that now.
            Have I missed something? Thought Angus has played second row this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Have I missed something? Thought Angus has played second row this year.
              He has been coming off the bench as a lock forward the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Horses for courses the way Trent is selecting.

What he is playing is if someone gets injured, we have adequate seasoned players to fill the void. Players getting valuable field time in a range of positions.

#wegotthis
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  1. Teddy
                  2. Toops
                  3. Latrell
                  4. Manu
                  5. Hall - Morris is better but we want his 200m a game (and will get it 'at best')
                  6. Keary
                  7. Cronk
                  8. JWH
                  9. Friend
                  10. SST
                  11. Cords
                  12. Crichton - I think he's a starter when he finds the form
                  13. Radley

14. Maubs
                  15. Liu
                  16. Tetevano
                  17. Sitili - I think 4 forwards with Maubs as the utility is our strongest option. Maubs and Crichton could also switch on this basis so that we're putting on Crichton, Sitili and Tetevano as soon as the opposition looks a bit tired. It works!!

[Explanations provided where needed]
                  Cant ever see Aubo being left out of the top 17

Comment

Team:

Tedesco
                    Tupou
                    Latrell
                    Manu
                    Morris
                    Keary
                    Cronk

JWH
                    Friend
                    SST
                    Cordner
                    Crichton
                    Liu

Radley
                    Tetavano
                    Butcher
                    Aubo

Comment

Tedesco
                      Tupou
                      Latrell
                      Manu
                      Hall
                      Keary
                      Cronk

JWH
                      Friend
                      SST
                      Cordner
                      Crichton
                      Liu

Radley
                      Tetavano
                      Butcher
                      Aubo

EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        On current form I think both Butcher and Sitili are making a very strong case to be ahead of Tetevano.

It's not that I don't rate Tets. But rather that the other two are just offering so much that they'll be hard to leave out.
                        Yep, Tetevano has been a little disappointing.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

On the right wing it appears it's a shootout between BMoz and Halldog, with H having the inside running. In the forwards, with JWH and SST capable of playing big minutes, Trent might be tempted to play both Butch and Sitili ahead of Tets, especially if they play well in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

As much as I am a huge Farmer Silly fan, I think it’s between Sitilli and Butcher atm, I’d lean towards Sitilli, Butcher and Maubs play the same style of footy, you need the X factor of a Sitilli on the bench, if all fit it’s a decent situation to be in, get on Nth Sydney for the premiership
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                              As much as I am a huge Farmer Silly fan, I think it’s between Sitilli and Butcher atm, I’d lean towards Sitilli, Butcher and Maubs play the same style of footy, you need the X factor of a Sitilli on the bench, if all fit it’s a decent situation to be in, get on Nth Sydney for the premiership
                              I already took the Easts/Bears double at the start of the year. Injuries and rep games have caused both teams to drop games, but hopefully both now will go on a run.

Thracian, do you know why the Bears aren't playing the undercard at Gosford this Sunday? They are playing at NSO at the same time which seems crazy.

Comment

One thing is certain, we are in a great position to go back to back. Our depth is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X