If at full strength.... Who gets 17?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If at full strength.... Who gets 17?

At start of year and now I suspect the top 16 is settled..
    Tedesco..Toops...Trel..Manu..Morris...Keary.. Cronk... Liu.. cords...Angus..SST...JWH...Friend...Tetavano.. Aubs..Victor...

That leaves one spot.. although Hall and Morris will be interesting after Hall gets fitter.

Be out of Butcher/Collins/faamausli/Sitilli ....

I reckon Collins had first dibs at start of year but had been overtaken by the others.

Would Butcher make us too light?? Is Farmer S ready...

Do you stay with Rads at 13 and Liu plays Middle sub for front rowers enabling Butcher on bench???

What is everyone thinking at this stage?

It's interesting, Crichton has played his best footy at lock but it really throws out the balance of our pack at full strength.

Comment

I think our best 17 would be:

Teddy
      Tupou
      Mitchell
      Manu
      Hall
      Keary
      Cronk
      JWH
      Friend
      SST
      Cordner
      Crichton
      Radley

Tetevano
      Liu
      Butcher
      Aubo

Comment

I would put butcher in for chrichton. Just on recent form. Hall is no certainty
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Tedesco
          Tupou
          Latrell
          Manu
          Hall
          Keary
          Cronk
          JWH
          Friend
          SST
          Cordner
          Crichton
          Radley

Liu
          Sitili
          Butcher
          Aubo

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Tedesco
            Tupou
            Latrell
            Manu
            Hall
            Keary
            Cronk
            JWH
            Friend
            SST
            Cordner
            Crichton
            Radley

Liu
            Sitili
            Butcher
            Aubo
            I don't think Tetavano will miss out???
            Def out of Butcher and Sitili I think for the 17th spot.

Comment

At the moment Butcher is in front of touponua who’s ahead of faamausli and Verrills. Unfortunately Collins has slid down the totem pole so far it’s not funny after all the high expectations we had of him .

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                At the moment Butcher is in front of touponua who’s ahead of faamausli and Verrills. Unfortunately Collins has slid down the totem pole so far it’s not funny after all the high expectations we had of him .
                Agree on all points, although Verills would only get a look in if Friend and or Radley is out I would think.
                But Touponua does add something off the bench that Butcher doesn't? Really lifts the tempo of the game, having said that, Butchers ball playing around a tired mid is pretty good but can be filled by Victor.

Comment

1. Teddy
                  2. Toops
                  3. Latrell
                  4. Manu
                  5. Hall - Morris is better but we want his 200m a game (and will get it 'at best')
                  6. Keary
                  7. Cronk
                  8. JWH
                  9. Friend
                  10. SST
                  11. Cords
                  12. Crichton - I think he's a starter when he finds the form
                  13. Radley

14. Maubs
                  15. Liu
                  16. Tetevano
                  17. Sitili - I think 4 forwards with Maubs as the utility is our strongest option. Maubs and Crichton could also switch on this basis so that we're putting on Crichton, Sitili and Tetevano as soon as the opposition looks a bit tired. It works!!

[Explanations provided where needed]
                  Last edited by ism22; 07-08-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Angus looked a lot better off the bench yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

On current form I think both Butcher and Sitili are making a very strong case to be ahead of Tetevano.

It's not that I don't rate Tets. But rather that the other two are just offering so much that they'll be hard to leave out.

Comment

What a great problem to have having everyone available. It hasn't happened all year.

Friend coming back to tighten up the defence, provide better balls from dummy half and freeing up Radley to play lock alone will greatly improve our defence and attack.

IMO Butcher has cemented a spot in the 17 for the rest of the year. Our most improved player this year.

Sitili the unlucky one but there is a long way to go and he will get opportunities.

Touch wood we are healthy come September.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

I think Tetevanos role is often overlooked.

Neither Butcher nor Sitilli and play 1 carry midldes.

Tetevano takes all the carries off a kick off, the first hit up in every set so the other forwards can look good in the back end of the set. Not picking Tetevanos on the bench makes the other forwards picked less effective.

His form had dropped off a little bit but in the last few rounds he has been brilliant .

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                            Angus looked a lot better off the bench yesterday.
                            He was exceptional then looked less good when he was shifted to second row after Manu's injury. Lock is definitely his position for the rest of the season. I don't see Robbo going back from that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

He was exceptional then looked less good when he was shifted to second row after Manu's injury. Lock is definitely his position for the rest of the season. I don't see Robbo going back from that now.
                              Whilst your observation has some validity where does that leave radley once friend is back? He’s not a second rower and has produced his best from lock.
                              Radley reminds me a fair bit of chris Flannery, who was one on my favourites in the early nought years

Comment

Working...
                              X