Clear All

• Intercept
    replied
    Thanks Jacks Fur Coat

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Intercept View Post
    I liked the look of young Fifita. It impressed me that he took the first hit up on a number of restarts, where you're on a hiding to nothing, running into the teeth of a defensive line that has had time to set itself. I would have expected the more seasoned front rowers to put their hand up for that task but it was Fifita that wanted the ball. I guess with Josh Curran gone, it's another case of Robbo's famous "next man up".

Notable absentees - Lindsay Collins, Fletcher Baker and AJ Kepaoa. Injuries, I assume? Anyone in the know?
    First two got injured/HIA'd last week.

Kep lost his spot when Halldog came back, then Iku. Still young enough to play other grades, but looks a youngster of promise.

Leave a comment:

• Intercept
    replied
    I liked the look of young Fifita. It impressed me that he took the first hit up on a number of restarts, where you're on a hiding to nothing, running into the teeth of a defensive line that has had time to set itself. I would have expected the more seasoned front rowers to put their hand up for that task but it was Fifita that wanted the ball. I guess with Josh Curran gone, it's another case of Robbo's famous "next man up".

Notable absentees - Lindsay Collins, Fletcher Baker and AJ Kepaoa. Injuries, I assume? Anyone in the know?

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    He's got the name for first grade.

Leave a comment:

• Vasco
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Yes that was me.

He is a centre. And let’s not talk about replacing Cords for another 5 years.
    Haha it was funny when he played with his hair after he scored.

The reality with Cords' knees is that he may not last 5 years. He's one of my favourites but I'll be surprised if he lasts more than 3 more seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    Billy Smith looks like a gun. Laughed when some on here said he's only been worried about his hair.

Pretty big and will fill out even more. Could be a long term replacement for Cordner.
    Yes that was me.

He is a centre. And let’s not talk about replacing Cords for another 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

You mean Flanagan right?

Please don't say we are after Townsend.
    Lol. Yes I will change that.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    If they thought Lam was the answer they wouldn’t be after Townsend or signed Walker.
    You mean Flanagan right?

Please don't say we are after Townsend.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    If they thought Lam was the answer they wouldn’t be after Flanagan or signed Walker.
    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 07-07-2019, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Lewis has shown why he hasn't been promoted even with so many outside backs out during the season.
    Not sure i have seen anything from him ever that makes me think he will see FG

Leave a comment:

• Vasco
    replied
    Originally posted by fletch View Post
    So happy Ikuvalu is playing for the Bears and not in first grade, the guy has feet for hands.
    Lewis has shown why he hasn't been promoted even with so many outside backs out during the season.

Leave a comment:

• barryd
    replied
    Billy Smith looks like a gun. Laughed when some on here said he's only been worried about his hair.

Pretty big and will fill out even more. Could be a long term replacement for Cordner.
    He moves well for a big guy. He could be a very good centre.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Congrats Bears , much needed win. Hutch was terrific and Max Bailey and Capt Freebairn in the forwards too.

I know Lachie buggered up a couple of plays , but just having him out there creates opportunities ala Keary in firsts.

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied
    I like how they play music when showing try replays, like they used to do in first grade games, adds some needed theatre when watching reserves.

Leave a comment:

• fletch
    replied
    So happy Ikuvalu is playing for the Bears and not in first grade, the guy has feet for hands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X