Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ugly win. Lucky the Tigers are crap.

Toops Man of the Match by a country mile.
    What about Hall?

Comment

• solid tonight that is all. tigers are a fair to middling team , maybe a good test for where we are at. toops, keary, angus, jwh were good. i am really liking ryan halls effort, he is 100 % a roosters player, liking him. onwards and upwards from here, tets may need a week at norths, radley looks tired to. butchers progression is really impressive, i wasnt convinced last year, but the kid is definitley first grade, maybe more . sitili is awesome to, all effort and hair .

Comment

• My take is that it was a tough win against a side going well. Improved effort and what I have been looking for throug( the whole origin period.
        my opinion only but
        Manu was not going well then got the injured so hopefully Joey is ok still got 102m but mostly sideways
        Tupou had a very good game but slightly detracted from it with that idiot penalty in 76th minute when he tacked in the air 217m
        Mitchell in and out of the game but overall better, did turn it in when needed 2 line breaks, 1 off and 105m
        Morris nothing to rave about did ok at best
        Hall I really like him and think he went well 222m on 21 carries he is ahead of Morris for me when at full strength
        keary sooooo glad he is back, great return
        Cronk a few errors but gives the side direction and was solid
        JWH alike Keary, glad he is back and a great return 142m and 37 tackles - showed some anger
        Radley 45 tackles and solid with some very good moments
        Tetevano for me he has not been himself since he stood down for personal reasons a month or more ago - still got 106m and 26 tackles
        Liu solid performance
        Faamausili - I thought all the young forwards stood up and showed the development path they have been on - Faamausili was good and worked hard
        Butcher - I said all along I love this kid, tough, skilled and a real footy player - 112m 2 offs, 1 line break a try and 41 tackles - big performance
        Tupouniua good all action effort - 130 m he really bends the line
        Crichton an improved performance 146m and 36 tackles
        Aubusson another all round great effort by a gun - so reliable
        Verrills did what was required

better performance a good two points but let’s hope they keep going

Comment

• The Marsters "try" ruling was troubling. It appeared that several angles clearly showed a lack of downward pressure and separation, then they mysteriously stuck with the one angle that hid the separation.

Comment

• unless teddy can back up next sat 3 days after origin were in a bot of strife, as manu failed his hia he has to stay out a week, so morris to centre with latrel hopefully teddy to fullback? i was very impressed with keasry's come back game tonight took up the first tackle ofthe game, didnyt shirk any tough tackles but showed the missibng class at pivot we desperastly needed. jwh again showed his massive influence on our team. i thought hall had a good strong game he going to bust througth on one of those reurns then we might see how quick he can be? mitchel obviosly enjoyed rthe extra space and class that keasry brought back to the team. i guess wew see what happens wednight, hoping for zero injuries for roosters.then it off to gosford next sat for the tits? some bad rulings tonight, henry ruled a try with no downward pressure, just a knock on, then a tackle in the air after hed landed on his feet! but then henry is an ex melbourne player so what can you expect?
            Last edited by stephenj; 07-05-2019, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post
              The Marsters "try" ruling was troubling. It appeared that several angles clearly showed a lack of downward pressure and separation, then they mysteriously stuck with the one angle that hid the separation.
              the reason it was troubling is that it wasn't a try, yet was awarded as one. i do not blame perenera for awarding it , it is the fault of the rule where so called conclusive evidence is needed to overturn the refs decision despite the fact he clearly got the onfield decision wrong. just my opinion.

Comment

• Robbo confirmed no structural issues for Manu, we have been very conservative with concussions this year so I would doubt Manu plays against the Cowboys, Robbo also said last week he is going to sit Cordner after SOO so I would say he won't play either.

Team against the Cowboys could look like this.

Teddy
                Hall
                Morris
                Latrell
                Toups
                Keary
                Cronk
                JWH
                Friend
                SST
                Maubs
                Crichton
                Radley

Butcher
                Liu
                Tetevano
                Sitili

That would be the strongest team we have named since round 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                  unless teddy can back up next sat 3 days after origin were in a bot of strife, as manu failed his hia he has to stay out a week, so morris to centre with latrel hopefully teddy to fullback? i was very impressed with keasry's come back game tonight took up the first tackle ofthe game, didnyt shirk any tough tackles but showed the missibng class at pivot we desperastly needed. jwh again showed his massive influence on our team. i thought hall had a good strong game he going to bust througth on one of those reurns then we might see how quick he can be? mitchel obviosly enjoyed rthe extra space and class that keasry brought back to the team. i guess wew see what happens wednight, hoping for zero injuries for roosters.then it off to gosford next sat for the tits? some bad rulings tonight, henry ruled a try with no downward pressure, just a knock on, then a tackle in the air after hed landed on his feet! but then henry is an ex melbourne player so what can you expect?
                  i dont think we are in strife, if friend is back next week and a super fresh teddy the following , we are in the best position we have been since about round 2 or 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post

What about Hall?
                    I hope thats sarcasm. He was terrible in defense in that 2nd half
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      Robbo confirmed no structural issues for Manu, we have been very conservative with concussions this year so I would doubt Manu plays against the Cowboys, Robbo also said last week he is going to sit Cordner after SOO so I would say he won't play either.

Team against the Cowboys could look like this.

Teddy
                      Hall
                      Morris
                      Latrell
                      Toups
                      Keary
                      Cronk
                      JWH
                      Friend
                      SST
                      Maubs
                      Crichton
                      Radley

Butcher
                      Liu
                      Tetevano
                      Sitili

That would be the strongest team we have named since round 1.

Will Tetevano be rubbed out due to be placed on report?

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Will Tetevano be rubbed out due to be placed on report?
                        Wasn't much in it, might depend of whether he has any carryover points if they hit him with a grade 1 dangerous contact charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I hope thats sarcasm. He was terrible in defense in that 2nd half
                          getting caught for numbers isnt a wingers fault.

Comment

• The Tigers right edge carved us up but it's Hall that's copping the most flack?

Another casual 200m+ plus from the big fella; plus the match turning run to kick off the set for Radley's try.

He can improve defensively but I feel as though as fans we're focusing entirely on what he does wrong and giving little credit to all the things he's doing right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              The Tigers right edge carved us up but it's Hall that's copping the most flack?

Another casual 200m+ plus from the big fella; plus the match turning run to kick off the set for Radley's try.

He can improve defensively but I feel as though as fans we're focusing entirely on what he does wrong and giving little credit to all the things he's doing right.
                              100 % he does plenty right.

Comment

• Once Hall ,Morris and Toupo are all available it’ll be interesting who misses out. Toops is so far out in front it’s not funny, so who will get the other wing spot? I can’t split the other 2. Each one of them brings a different advantage to the team. Not a bad problem to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X