Grubby tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grubby tactics

I'm watching some other games. It seems all the other teams are coached to have their hands all over the ball in defence, slowing down the ruck as well as earning the odd dropped ball by the attacker as he gets up to play it.

Attention has already been drawn to the delayed 1 on 1 strip, as mastered by Melbourne whereby the ball is grasped and the other 3 wrestling tacklers are given the signal to drop off before wrenching it out.

Every time a ball carrier has contact with the back of his neck, he is coached to lay down and wail while rubbing his neck. This also usually earns a penalty.

Robbo has previously stated these kind of grubby tactics are "not the roosters way".

Given our horrendous run with injuries and loss of momentum, the question is can we afford to hold the higher moral ground for the rest of the season? Are we that much better a side? Or is winning not worth being cheating grubs like sides like Melba?

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    I'm watching some other games. It seems all the other teams are coached to have their hands all over the ball in defence, slowing down the ruck as well as earning the odd dropped ball by the attacker as he gets up to play it.

Attention has already been drawn to the delayed 1 on 1 strip, as mastered by Melbourne whereby the ball is grasped and the other 3 wrestling tacklers are given the signal to drop off before wrenching it out.

Every time a ball carrier has contact with the back of his neck, he is coached to lay down and wail while rubbing his neck. This also usually earns a penalty.

Robbo has previously stated these kind of grubby tactics are "not the roosters way".

Given our horrendous run with injuries and loss of momentum, the question is can we afford to hold the higher moral ground for the rest of the season? Are we that much better a side? Or is winning not worth being cheating grubs like sides like Melba?
    I don’t see how setting up for the drop off strip where one player wraps around the ball until the other defenders drop off is any different to a hand on the ball offence.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Of course the Roosters are the only team that dont have their hands all over the ball in the ruck nor do they purposely give penalties away. Its all Souths fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        Of course the Roosters are the only team that dont have their hands all over the ball in the ruck nor do they purposely give penalties away. Its all Souths fault.
        Mickie how is it Souths' fault? How can you possibly blame them for things that really are out of their control?

I'm keen for you to explain it to me, As you know you're my favourite poster as you're the most cleverest.

Comment

Mickie how is it Souths' fault? How can you possibly blame them for things that really are out of their control?

I'm keen for you to explain it to me, As you know you're my favourite poster as you're the most cleverest.
          I thought you were clever than that.
          Your my favourite poster as well because you always start the best threads.

Comment

I’m sure every other supporter and team in the comp agrees that the roosters are the only team to play fairly and with no grubby tactics. We have had a few suspensions already for foul play.

Comment

I think the point P1 is we want to win at least as much as our opponents, BUT draw the line with "at any cost".

We win with honour and respect of everything associated with the game.

Sometimes, winning is not everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                I don’t see how setting up for the drop off strip where one player wraps around the ball until the other defenders drop off is any different to a hand on the ball offence.
                Agreed and TBH I think I've seen situations discussed by commentators where they've all said 'it's a rough call but the right one' when 1 player tackles, but at some point before completion, another makes contact with the single defender (e.g. checks their side or pats their back).

I swear there was a 'disappointing but correct' call a few years back when 2 guys tried to tackle somebody, he palmed off one defender, dragged the other 10 metres down the field, had the ball stripped and it was called a penalty. IMO the NRL should provide some clarity on why this is being allowed.

Particularly given what you've said. They get B-Smith or Shyzen-Houzen to literally hang off the ball using their entire body weight throughout the whole tackle, then as the big forwards peel off they shove the player, forcing the ball to pop out. They never woulda dropped it if Shyzen-houzen didn't have his 'hands on the ball'.

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I think the point P1 is we want to win at least as much as our opponents, BUT draw the line with "at any cost".

We win with honour and respect of everything associated with the game.

Sometimes, winning is not everything.
                Last year the Storm got their medicine in the GF because they basically forgot how to play footy. If we get on top of them and bully them with good, honest footy then it doesn't matter how much milking or niggling they do... at some point they're gonna realise there's a game of footy going on around them and they're a few tries down so can't afford to play silly buggers. When THAT happens, they're farked.

Thus... IMO we just need to focus on our footy. We only lost due to a missed conversion despite all our injuries + the oddness of playing in Adelaide... that's nothing! We will get our revenge.
                Last edited by ism22; 06-30-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I thought you were clever than that.
                  Your my favourite poster as well because you always start the best threads.
                  Thanks! But I already knew you liked them as you always read them.

Comment

works for bellamy ...he has expolited and invented every cheat way possible ...cant beat them then join them.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Thanks! But I already knew you liked them as you always read them.
                      Just like you always read mine, my good buddy.

Comment

I'm still dirty about Smith the Grub milking the penalty to win the game , it was so blatant and obvious , he should have been the one penalised for not playing it on the mark.
                        I hope we smash them int he finals whenever we meet them , hopefully twice !
                        Plenty of fuel for the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          works for bellamy ...he has expolited and invented every cheat way possible ...cant beat them then join them.
                          Thing is... if we do it, they'll call 'hand on the ball' and march the Storm 40m down our end of the field. Nobody adopts the Drizzle's tactics because they're not clever loopholes, they're blatant cheating that any other team would get pinged for.

The only loophole I've seen in recent years was discovered by Fergo where if they kick it and it doesn't go out, you can put your foot into touch, grab the ball and it's counted as being out off the opposition.

Bellamy's 'loopholes' are more like:
                          - Dangerous tackle that puts people's spine at risk.
                          - Not releasing the tackler after the tackle's been finalised.
                          - Having a hand on the ball all the way through a tackle so that you can strip it after the completion of the tackle.
                          - Tapping the ball forward to a fast running chaser then being like 'oh nah that was an accident, I was trying to catch it!' (They figured that was one step too far).

Comment

The storm are a very dangerous team, always wrenching at the head/neck, how was that fijian lunatic a couple of years ago jumping knees first on the kick return that nearly levelled guerra and watson. Bellamy throwing a tantrum in the coaches box, his style reflects the team.

Comment

this is not grubby play.
                              Grubby play is twisting the head or neck, eye gouging, chicken wings etc
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X