Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just going to happen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    I have torn a few people a new one but that big fur coat you wear has you well covered.
    I would go with both.
    Being serious did the Bears win today?
    Its always good when you get to have a chat with one of the Roosters players isnt it?
    I was in the members area for the Chooks v Dogs game & was able to chat with a few of the players after the match when they were making their way into the sheds.You get the feeling you got as a kid when you jumped the fence at the Sports ground & ran onto the field to pat the players on the back.
    Without the overwhelming smell of Dencorub.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

      So you agree with my point, injuries happen, luck doesnít always run with you and you caníít just expect it to happen. Because that is what we both just said? The FACT you didnít acknowledge is that despite these things last year we went 4 wins and 1 loss in origin while this year its 1 win and 4 losses, I wonder what that means - we played better last year through this period and we better hope we do soon again instead of wishing it will happen or we will be the same as all the other title holders since 1994 - it ainít just going to happen, we need players back and improvements. I hope more than most this happens.
      Last year we had Friend and Keary during the SOO period, this year we don't. Last year we had Keary and Friend in our team on a regular basis, this year we haven't. That's half our spine missing for a large chunk. I doubt the Storm would be 6 points in front of the comp if Munster and Smith were missing for the same amount of time as Keary and Friend have been.
      Roll on Season 2017 ...

      Comment


      • #18
        Liked Jared's comment today - 'There's thirteen games to go ...'

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

          So you agree with my point, injuries happen, luck doesnít always run with you and you caníít just expect it to happen. Because that is what we both just said? The FACT you didnít acknowledge is that despite these things last year we went 4 wins and 1 loss in origin while this year its 1 win and 4 losses, I wonder what that means - we played better last year through this period and we better hope we do soon again instead of wishing it will happen or we will be the same as all the other title holders since 1994 - it ainít just going to happen, we need players back and improvements. I hope more than most this happens.
          You're avoiding the fact that last year during Origin we had a far more settled spine than we do this year. We played the Dogs the other week with 3 of the 4 most influential players missing. We're getting everyone back on deck at the right time, with plenty of time to go to get the combinations working again. When was the last time we had anything like a full strength team, round 2? Came back to us if we're not firing by round 22.

          Comment


          • #20
            The key is Keary. He needs to do everything possible to stay fit and healthy for the rest of the year.

            Comment


            • #21
              Sorry you're all obsessed with Keary

              Mind you that's okay given our weapons are in the front row & yet to be reunited
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

              WHO DARES WINS

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post
                The key is Keary. He needs to do everything possible to stay fit and healthy for the rest of the year.
                True..but I'm not sure how he does that.

                I made a (half joking) reference in a previous thread that maybe he needs to play more like Jamie Soward and avoid the big collisions and tough stuff.

                The players who go harder and faster suffer more injuries unfortunately.

                But I don't think it's in Lukes nature. And it's what makes him the special player he is.

                Whilever he takes the ball at speed into the line to draw and pass he will get hit....hard and often. Can't avoid this.
                My friend keeps saying "Cheer up mate it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water". I know he means well.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The Omen -

                  In the last couple of years, the team that lost the match between the Roosters and the Storm at Adelaide went on to win the GF

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It has not been a great season to watch (despite us coming 3rd so far), and I am beginning to warm to the thought that it is ours to win if Teddy, Lats, Keary, Cords, Jake & either of JWH/SST are there at the end.

                    They are my key 6 in order for us to lift the shield in October.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I think the tweaks that Adam O'Brien has been making to our attack have contributed to a somewhat haphazard first half of the comp. I'd imagine that a fair bit of pre season was spent on new attacking structures, at the expense of defensive drills, and our defence certainly appeared to suffer in the early rounds. Our attack was also pretty clunky early on. Then, just when the attack started to look good, we got hit with a succession of injuries to key players. With the key troops back on board, and the time we've now had to settle on the new attack, I think we'll see the return to our Bondi Wall slowly build through the back end of the comp, and we should be humming on all cylinders come September.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by top_joe View Post
                        It has not been a great season to watch (despite us coming 3rd so far), and I am beginning to warm to the thought that it is ours to win if Teddy, Lats, Keary, Cords, Jake & either of JWH/SST are there at the end.

                        They are my key 6 in order for us to lift the shield in October.
                        Interesting.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                          I think the tweaks that Adam O'Brien has been making to our attack have contributed to a somewhat haphazard first half of the comp. I'd imagine that a fair bit of pre season was spent on new attacking structures, at the expense of defensive drills, and our defence certainly appeared to suffer in the early rounds. Our attack was also pretty clunky early on. Then, just when the attack started to look good, we got hit with a succession of injuries to key players. With the key troops back on board, and the time we've now had to settle on the new attack, I think we'll see the return to our Bondi Wall slowly build through the back end of the comp, and we should be humming on all cylinders come September.
                          An excellent summation Waylander.

                          The best defensive side usually takes the title and at the moment the Storm are far and away statistically the best defensive side. Our stats have a 2014 feel about them following our 2013 victory. We need to improve that Wall.

                          Still it's hard to overlook the enormous attacking prowess of this side when Tedesco, Keary, Cronk, Mitchell, Manu, Tupou are on song.

                          We do miss Fergo running us out f trouble and also his finishing combination with Manu. There have been a lot of positional changes as we sort through the season and give the young talent first grade opportunity.

                          At this stage we sit exactly where we should...around second or third...but with a nicely timed Melbourne Cup finish, that can change. A lot of water under the bridge between now and September/October. The potential of this side is enormous. Just needs to tighten up on the combinations and execution.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                            A key reason why the Roosters won the comp last year was because they saved their best performances for the last four games of the year, the parra game to win the MP and then the 3 games of the finals. Everyone saw a massive step up across those games which demonstrated what their best looked like. Yes there are a number of reasons why they haven't replicated that level of dominance, but it is all about lifting to those same heights at the right time.
                            I'm not so sure Robbo agrees with this necessarily. He came out the other day saying something like if we want to win the premiership then we need to start playing like premiers now. We aren't playing well and I agree with OP that there is an apparent sense of complacency that things will come good. This season seems eerily similar to 2014 when we heard the same things about the back end nattering more

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X