Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Is it just going to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just going to happen?

As we come towards the end of the origin period we are currently 1 win and 4 losses. Not competition winning form.
    Last year we won 4 out of 5. This year the storm have won 4 from 4 during origin.
    When we went on an 8 game winning run earlier this year some members started talking as if we won’t lose another game. Now all the talk is how when so and so comes back we will be right. It’s not that simple. We could lose other players that offset the ones who come back, this might be our finals team.
    Our form at the moment is average regardless of who is playing, we lack depth in the spine and when JWH doesn’t play our forwards don’t intimidate at the same level, Tetevano for one has gone backwards for no apparent reason.
    i think we have a good side with a good mix of promising young players but we are not playing well that’s why we are losing and it’s not going to change unless they pull their fingers out. I Hope we do but it’s not because of refs and cheats and all the other BS served up. We are not playing well and the time for excuses is over or it’s the same outcome as every other defending premier since 1994.

You got to remember that our left edge is what won us that grand final last year. Easily the best left edge in the competition. When keary comes back we will be back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by GC6 View Post
      You got to remember that our left edge is what won us that grand final last year. Easily the best left edge in the competition. When keary comes back we will be back on track.
      If he lasts more than a week [before someone smashes him into another extended period out.]

Comment

The fact is that without Keary we are not as good, off course we are going to lose more games when we have some of our best players out.
        Its not an excuse it is a fact. People can come up with all this stuff that it shouldn't matter if we have players out but that is just BS.
        If we get more injuries then it will be harder to win, no rocket science.
        We won last year because we had minimal injuries.
        We also had some luck with some close wins. This year the ball didn't bounce our way, shit happens.
        I still think we were way better than the Storm and they got lucky but that's just my opinion, you can have yours.
        Injuries is the main reason teams find it so hard to win back to back GF
        Last edited by Team Evil; 06-30-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

We are on 20 points after round 15,
          The same as last year after round 15, St George led the table on 24 we were 6th on the table

Yes we are clunky at the moment, not just due to the missing injured and Origin players, but also due to the forced and experimental player rotations, the blooding of newbies and the resting of tired players.
          These moves will pay dividends later in the season.

We also saw the difference between us and Melbourne in Adelaide with our experimental team, and to me, we appear to have much more potential moving forward.

Regarding injuries, if the game counts not even broken shoulder blades will stop players taking the field.

No need to crack the whip yet, the final third of the season should see a step change, before entering the finals and moving into top gear.

Comment

If its meant to be then the Roosters will go B2B but if its not meant to be then the Roosters wont go B2B.
            Originally posted by Chook;n805564
            Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

A key reason why the Roosters won the comp last year was because they saved their best performances for the last four games of the year, the parra game to win the MP and then the 3 games of the finals. Everyone saw a massive step up across those games which demonstrated what their best looked like. Yes there are a number of reasons why they haven't replicated that level of dominance, but it is all about lifting to those same heights at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                If its meant to be then the Roosters will go B2B but if its not meant to be then the Roosters wont go B2B.
                I'm torn Mickie..I can't decide if your post is good straight talking philosophy, or just mind numbingly boring.

Or both.
                To our fans we tell you
                If you have not been told
                We play this game for all of us
                We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

I have torn a few people a new one but that big fur coat you wear has you well covered.
                  I would go with both.
                  Being serious did the Bears win today?
                  Its always good when you get to have a chat with one of the Roosters players isnt it?
                  I was in the members area for the Chooks v Dogs game & was able to chat with a few of the players after the match when they were making their way into the sheds.You get the feeling you got as a kid when you jumped the fence at the Sports ground & ran onto the field to pat the players on the back.
                  Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                  Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

It's just going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      I have torn a few people a new one but that big fur coat you wear has you well covered.
                      I would go with both.
                      Being serious did the Bears win today?
                      Its always good when you get to have a chat with one of the Roosters players isnt it?
                      I was in the members area for the Chooks v Dogs game & was able to chat with a few of the players after the match when they were making their way into the sheds.You get the feeling you got as a kid when you jumped the fence at the Sports ground & ran onto the field to pat the players on the back.
                      They got bashed up Mickie unfortunately. I swear they got over the line 5 or 6 times and somehow the ball kept coming loose. Can't win footy games like that. Josh Curran played for Warriors and was a man on a mission. Thug Isaac Luke was also a handful.

32-10 to the bad guys.

Yeah Lattrell was just lounging on the hill with his family so I couldn't resist a quick chat.
                      To our fans we tell you
                      If you have not been told
                      We play this game for all of us
                      We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

I think we're looking good. Some lucky losses by those near us on the table improves our chance to make the top two.

If Melbourne are the benchmark, we should win the comp. We've played them twice, been severely under strength and split the games.

We'll probably drop a couple of games before the round robin finishes, but I think we're a realistic chance to not lose a game for the rest of the season.

So many variables so, this far out, hard to say we will probably win it, but in my book we're looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
                          The fact is that without Keary we are not as good, off course we are going to lose more games when we have some of our best players out.
                          Its not an excuse it is a fact. People can come up with all this stuff that it shouldn't matter if we have players out but that is just BS.
                          If we get more injuries then it will be harder to win, no rocket science.
                          We won last year because we had minimal injuries.
                          We also had some luck with some close wins. This year the ball didn't bounce our way, shit happens.
                          I still think we were way better than the Storm and they got lucky but that's just my opinion, you can have yours.
                          Injuries is the main reason teams find it so hard to win back to back GF
                          So you agree with my point, injuries happen, luck doesn’t always run with you and you can’’t just expect it to happen. Because that is what we both just said? The FACT you didn’t acknowledge is that despite these things last year we went 4 wins and 1 loss in origin while this year its 1 win and 4 losses, I wonder what that means - we played better last year through this period and we better hope we do soon again instead of wishing it will happen or we will be the same as all the other title holders since 1994 - it ain’t just going to happen, we need players back and improvements. I hope more than most this happens.
                          Last edited by The Marshall; 06-30-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                            A key reason why the Roosters won the comp last year was because they saved their best performances for the last four games of the year, the parra game to win the MP and then the 3 games of the finals. Everyone saw a massive step up across those games which demonstrated what their best looked like. Yes there are a number of reasons why they haven't replicated that level of dominance, but it is all about lifting to those same heights at the right time.
                            Let’s hope they do

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              It's just going to happen.
                              Let’s hope so, otherwise a brilliant opportunity will be wasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X