• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top post BUDDY.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree with Buddy, Last year I do not remember many times at all until the semis that I think the Roosters played near their potential.
      We defended well, bar a couple of silly things we win that game. With Keary, JWH and Friend we smash them. But it means sweet FA until the end of the year.

For me the biggest things was the refereeing inconsistency. All game they lay all over us in the tackle. As soon as we did it in front of the posts its a penalty to Cameron Smith and that really really pissed me off
      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        I worry that with so many recent loses we are developing some bad habits. You can't just switch it on when you want to. We will need to build some momentum and work on some basics heading into the finals or we could quite easily get found out.
        That will happen when your best 17 are on the field.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
          To not be at full strength, to have Lattrell miss a conversion on his better side, to have referee smith step off the mark and earn his team a (rare) penalty in front of the posts, to have crichton be dispossessed twice, to have Poasa make two consecutive mistakes, well, with all that, it is still a bitter pill the Roosters losing that game.
          Poasa 2 mistakes? That first run was sensational, bent the line obviously got the call from the Storm player but the question must be asked why was no one supporting looking for the offload, where were our support players ? The second one you speak off was on Crichton yet again, that was a pass that did not need to be thrown, when on the ground 4 players stood around looking at each other instead of trying to pick it up, glad he was there or MLB would have towed through and scored, I think he was harshly treated by Robbo, his defense in that period was first rate
          Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
            After Round 16 last year we were 6th and 6 points off the top.

The Storm might just scrape in the minor premiership but they have a much tougher run than us and they have played well against crappier teams.

They play the Dragons next week without their origin players, Sharks, Manly twice, Souths, Canberra plus the Broncos and Titans away. None are gimme games.

Storm were practically at full strength tonight and had nothing at the end. It wasn't their defence that beat us, it was our execution that beat us. The lucky try at the end of the first half, a milked penalty and we bombed at least three certainties if we pass or catch a ball. We had nearly 50% completions in the second half. I am sure they are nervous of what's to come.

Look at Robbo;s reaction at the presser when someone asks him whether the Storm are the front runners.

Too may are reading into our recent losses. We do it every year. We did it each time we won the minor premiership.

The only thing that can beat us is injuries.
            Plus the fact that he's clearly losing his voice. A week of lemon and honey for Robbo and we'll be unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              I worry that with so many recent loses we are developing some bad habits. You can't just switch it on when you want to. We will need to build some momentum and work on some basics heading into the finals or we could quite easily get found out.
              There is plenty of remaining games to get it right by September.

Comment

We could have easily had three more tries.

We have the Storm’s number.

We are going back to back.

And Morris bombed that try like a winger playing in the centres. If Latrell isn’t 6 that doesn’t happen. I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  I agree with Buddy, Last year I do not remember many times at all until the semis that I think the Roosters played near their potential.
                  We defended well, bar a couple of silly things we win that game. With Keary, JWH and Friend we smash them. But it means sweet FA until the end of the year.

For me the biggest things was the refereeing inconsistency. All game they lay all over us in the tackle. As soon as we did it in front of the posts its a penalty to Cameron Smith and that really really pissed me off
                  Robbo has proved year after year that he is the master of the run towards the finals. It’s all good.

And I can’t wait for Smith to retire. He’s a scumbag.

Comment

Yes that is the worst part of that milked penalty. Melba came into that game knowing they couldn't beat us without cheating. The niggle and slow down in tackles never stopped all game, and after a rare initial 5 penalties in the first half to us, they knew refs would be reluctant to keep penalising them so on they went and the whistles went into their pockets - until snotball Cam milks the game deciding penalty in front.

Comment

The loser of the last 2 Adelaide games has gone on to win the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

And I can’t wait for Smith to retire. He’s a scumbag.
                        Bellamy is the master of it all.
                        I just want to see a time when the Storm are penalised for every piece of filth they perpetrate before Smith retires. To see them humiliated and exposed for what they are
                        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                        sigpic

Comment

I just want to see a time when the Storm are penalised for every piece of filth they perpetrate before Smith retires. To see them humiliated and exposed for what they are
                          It was probably good coaching and captaining from the Storm duo in the second half, and poor refereeing.

With a 6-2 half time count for us, they were gonna get a few or at least not get any more blown against them, especially in the ruck as they tried to slow us down.

It it shows how potent our side is, that we could withstand all this and essentially bomb at least two tries and only lose by 2 points.

I am not that worried about the loss, especially when i heard that the loser of this game has historically gone on to win the comp.
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

There are games every year that we lose that really wind me up. This one was one, even though we were down on key players, we had opportunities we didn’t take advantage of but to lose it to the grubby tactics of this club whose club culture will be stained by organisational and individuals cheating. Likewise I will be glad to see the back of Smith.

Comment

It will all depend on how much juice we have come late August/early September - yes we have the team with the highest potential but energy levels of defending premiers generally fades fast once that slide starts. The 8 straight wins at the start of the season have allowed us to rest players at opportune times (and expect more) so hopefully we hold a top 4 spot and can ramp up to win 3 straight finals like last year, it will be one hell of an achievement if we pull it off.

Comment

I was quite relaxed after last night's game. Very impressed with how Morris played after 13 weeks on the sideline. He will play an important role in the weeks ahead. With a few key men missing and on their return we will be at our best. I believe that we have the Storm's measure when we meet in the final series. Barring further injuries I still believe that we have the team to go back to back. Trust Trent !

Comment

Working...
                                X