X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
      Allowing yourself to be stripped like that is something that should not happen twice in a season let alone twice in a game.
      Spot on SSE4E. Crichton is a bloody idiot.
      He reminds me of that saying - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
      I was annoyed it happened to him the first time so you can imagine my annoyance when it happened the second time.
      Angus, amateur stuff tonight getting stripped of the ball. I'll forgive Poasa for his two mistakes but your two were unforgivable in my view.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

4 on 1 impossible to hold onto the ball, shit rule. Taken a crap part of the game and made it crapper...That's the nrl.

Comment

Agreed it is a silly rule. The tackler has a tight grip on the ball before asking his teammates to let go. The strip in effect has already commenced with multiple players still involved in the tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

What was the rule change? The Storm just strip the ball or rake it out on every tackle and the ref calls it a 'knock-on' against us.

Fark... the Storm frigging do a forward pass over a defending player and Gus is like 'THAT'S GENIUS AND SHOULD BE REWARDED!!!'

Next we'll have this game where you can rake the ball on every tackle... then after the tackle the attacking player's like 'TEN HUT MUDDK FUKKAZ!!!' before throwing a 30m forward pass for a touchdown. Dead set!!! Storm out-played us but there was some major bullshyte going on out there.
            That was one of my ideas to make the game more interesting, remember?
            Make it legal to run along, throw/bowl the ball over the intending tackler, then regain it.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
              Agreed it is a silly rule. The tackler has a tight grip on the ball before asking his teammates to let go. The strip in effect has already commenced with multiple players still involved in the tackle.
              Exactly!
              Well, hey...if that's now legal, let's start doing it ourselves!
              We can then point to the Storm game and cry FOWL if we get penalised for it.
              Argue with the refs on the field about it, refuse to resume play until the penalty is reversed, go to the sideline and complain to the media that we're being victimised.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Exactly!
                Well, hey...if that's now legal, let's start doing it ourselves!
                We can then point to the Storm game and cry FOWL if we get penalised for it.
                Argue with the refs on the field about it, refuse to resume play until the penalty is reversed, go to the sideline and complain to the media that we're being victimised.
                I don't want it to be legal. It is another wrestling-style abomination and no coincidence the Storm are the best at it.

The rule was introduced for the situation where an attacker managed to push away the defenders and continue attacking. We need to go back to the original intention.

Comment

so. the storm so far.

the things they have brought to our game.

The chicken wing tackle
                  the wrestle
                  the crusher tackle
                  laying over the tacked player wrapping your legs amongst his to slow down the play the ball
                  knees in as full back to try to prevent a try
                  leg pulls to unbalance an attacking player
                  stepping to the right or left of the play the ball so the markers are not infront of you (2017 2018)
                  running attacking players off a bomb
                  using the head neck as a tackling lever
                  holding a player up in a tackle till the ref calls held then get him to the ground.
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

I am pretty sure it was Roosters who introduced the chicken wing tackle. Recall the tackle on Craig Wing after he went back to Souths.

There is a new style of tackle as well. The one that concussed Keary in Knights game, and concussed SST last night. It is a derivative of the head slam. Not as blatant as the head slam, but dominant tackle and keep driving them into the ground to maximise the head contact with the ground. NRL are fn clueless. They learnt absolutely nothing from the Alex McKinnon tackle.
                    Last edited by dice; 06-29-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure it was Roosters who introduced the chicken wing tackle. Recall the tackle on Craig Wing after he went back to Souths.

There is a new style of tackle as well. The one that concussed Keary in Knights game, and concussed SST last night. It is a derivative of the head slam. Not as blatant as the head slam, but dominant tackle and keep driving them into the ground to maximise the head contact with the ground. NRL are fn clueless. They learnt absolutely nothing from the Alex McKinnon tackle.
                      Another good reason for Keary to wear headgear when he returns.

Comment

Pretty sure Storm was the chicken wing, Easts bought in the 'prowler tackle' sounds scary heh.
                        it's was this Reilly guy on Craig wing.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Another good reason for Keary to wear headgear when he returns.
                          Headgear won't prevent concussion. It is more to prevent damage to ears, cuts, etc.

NRL need to intervene and get the refs to immediately call held/dominant. Penalise the defenders if they keep driving after the call. If the ball is lost after held call then give it back to the attacker. Don't give the defenders any incentive at all to risk the welfare of the attacker.

Comment

Totally agree. There was a tackle last night in the second half. Munster had the ball wrapped up and 2 other Storm players had the player. Didnít lead to anything but could so easily have been a case of the player relaxing, Munster calling his team mates off and you have lost the ball.

Absolute shit rule that needs to be eradicated. Simple: if you start with more than one in the tackle no matter whether people fall off (or are called off by the defending team players) it canít be a strip. Should only ever be a strip if there was only ever one in the tackle at all times. Trust the storm to execute it better than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              Any strip should be a penalty.

Awful rule. You need to reward skill and deter mug plays.
                              And then youíll get players allowing themselves to be striped for penalties or the commentators whinging of lose carries...this will never end.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                                Allowing yourself to be stripped like that is something that should not happen twice in a season let alone twice in a game.
                                It looks soft. I nearly threw my beer at the TV when he dogged it the second time.

Comment

Working...
                                X