Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did that grub gburgearse stay on the field?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, I picked it. Just watched Skelator's presser. He claimed he couldn't tell from the replay if it was an eye gouge or not, but he thought it looked more like his fingers were on the forehead rather than the eyes.

Classic.

A bit like if your wife catches you in bed with another woman. Never admit anything, LOL.

However, I have a feeling the NRL will blindly agree with him - "inconclusive", they'll say.

Comment

Pretty bloody obvious Iíd say:
      Attached Files

Comment

banned for life

Comment

If Josh Maguire got 12 weeks for the eye gouge on Munster then we wouldn't have this spate of eye gouging. Instead we had Annesley saying there was insufficient camera evidence to charge him-basically telling everyone that they didn't see what they thought was a eye gouge. Annesley looked like a bigger dickhead later that week when Munster said regarding Maguire . "he didnt miss" but he didn't make a complaint because " theres a connection there" with his QLD team mate. Where was Todd Fleaberg coming out and saying the match review committee got it wrong?? He was ok to speak up about the match review committee against Dylan Napa last year.

The upshot of that was Maguire reoffending twice and getting a slap on the wrist. Why did Hudson young take the early plea and 5 week suspension is beyond me- the soft precedent had been set- he should have fought it.

If i was George Burgess i'd fight it armed with the videos of Maguires 3 incidents this year.

In the end we have JWH getting 3 weeks for bullshit.

Incidentally does anyone know if that crusher tackle on Ryan Matterson got reported? The crusher tackle is another hit and miss dartboard charge that seems to depend on who is doing the tackle and who is on the receiving end

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Kinda like Farah for going to vermin and ate into their cap. Left the stench at souffs when he left them
            He might have left the vermin stench there but he sure has plenty of his own. He certainly is disliked by the vermin thatís for sure.
            I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
              Bennett if asked will say "I didn't get a good look at it, but the NRL will deal with it I'm sure". LOL.

I don't think in almost 50 years of watching league I've seen a worse or more blatant, prolonged and deliberate eye gouge than that, and you could see the damage in Farrah's eye.

A disgrace this piece of filth was allowed to stay on the field. Inexplicable given the ref said he saw it.

The NRL? They'll say it's grade 1 dangerous contact. 2 matches with carry over points. Just watch them.
              Then JWH will get suspended when some tool flops into a tackle and is like 'AT SOME STAGE MY CHIN WAS TOUCHED!!! GET HIM!!!!'

Comment

If he is allowed to get off with a slap on the wrist for that then its an absolute joke. Bennett pretending that he didn't see it just goes to show how pathetic the culture is at souffs. He is already trying to mount the defense for insufficient footage.

That club, coach, and players clearly have no regard for anyone but themselves.
                Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 06-28-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

IMO eye gouging should never be tolerated in the game. Forget the fact that it isn't in the rules, what happens when a player permanently losses sight in his eye? What happens when a 10 year old on a Saturday morning does the same thing?

Comment

Didnít Steve linnane cop a massive suspension for an eye gouge and it wasnít seen on the field again for a long time?

Comment

What a great start to the day when you wake up and find out Souffs lost.

God bless the Tigpies, hope Burgeass gets the rest of the year off - although it will likely end up being a $150 fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                        Didnít Steve linnane cop a massive suspension for an eye gouge and it wasnít seen on the field again for a long time?
                        1987. Suspended for 20 weeks from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                          Bennett if asked will say "I didn't get a good look at it, but the NRL will deal with it I'm sure". LOL.
                          P1 nailed it

this from Bennett

"Obviously there was a hand on the face but after that, looking on the big screen that's all I could see, I only saw it once or twice," Bennett said.

"I can't definitely say it was an eye gouge or what it was. There was definitely a hand in the face, no doubt about it, but I thought it was more in the forehead."

Forehead? You could at least say cheek

Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

To be a send off, must the eye be completely removed from the socket ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

1987. Suspended for 20 weeks from memory.
                              Yes, 20 weeks in 1987. 2 to 3 weeks ago the Canberra rookie Hudson Young got hit with 5 weeks. Considering the knobs at the NRL said it was high on their agenda to stamp out dangerous play and this wanker has a previous suspension of 4 matches for the same thing surely he gets 8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                                If he is allowed to get off with a slap on the wrist for that then its an absolute joke. Bennett pretending that he didn't see it just goes to show how pathetic the culture is at souffs. He is already trying to mount the defense for insufficient footage.

That club, coach, and players clearly have no regard for anyone but themselves.
                                He did say he hasnít seen it since, but he shouldnít have had his hand there.

do you think any other coach would of said any different straight after the match?

Comment

Working...
                                X