Kevvie watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevvie watch

I've been fascinated to watch what Kevvie Walters is doing with his public face of Origin, and what he has asked his players to do.

It has been so false and almost living in denial. And a hard watch. I said before Game 1 he won't win the series with this approach. The energy of the coach affects the players.

But looking at him tonight on NRL 360 it was almost as if he had an epiphany during the interview with Ikin and the tough guy.

He began calling them NSW, making specific opposition references and actually laughed and relaxed a bit...that's the real Kevvie!

Watching with interest into game 3.

The kickoff ****ing pissed me off. Loved it
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
      The kickoff ****ing pissed me off. Loved it
      Yeah wtf was that about? He's losin it!

Comment

I like Kev

Authentic straight shooter

Hate QLD though.....
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Yeah wtf was that about? He's losin it!
          I think it meant they were not switched on from the start
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I am so stoked to see him shattered. That Elmer Fudd clown was being such a cock and he only got worse after they won the first game. Can't wait to see him after they get murdered in Game three.

He is like a born-again christian who suddenly realises there is no such thing as god. He hadn't even considered they could lose and now his world has fallen apart. All or nothing and he got nothing.

LOL at "the tough guy". Basically sums him up.
            Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 06-25-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              I am so stoked to see him shattered. That Elmer Fudd clown was being such a cock and he only got worse after they won the first game. Can't wait to see him after they get murdered in Game three.

He is like a born-again christian who suddenly realises there is no such thing as god. He hadn't even considered they could lose and now his world has fallen apart. All or nothing and he got nothing.

LOL at "the tough guy". Basically sums him up.
              Wow!
              Don’t sugar coat it JT. Tell us what you really think.

Comment

Average coach. Cant wait for the day that siebolt get some sacked and replaced with kevvie. From bad to worse
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

He seems like an okay guy but maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed. I reckon Brisbane just didn't rate him as a potential head coach.

Comment

The 'living in denial' approach is castles in the air. There are some techniques that work well providing the players buy fully into it. Basically NLP stuff packaged for sports. Kevvie looked like a bloke who'd borrowed the wrong size suit. He was still struggling with the concepts.

I'd like to see some stats calculated on these coach whisperers. We're always going to be reading about the victories and the mysterious merlins. Fact is generally the best team wins and for mine a lot of the time the whisperers are just part of the bandwagon.

Qld's hatred of the unfair advantage NSW had back in the day fostered their fire. It was a joke that greats like Artie Beetson were representing NSW in that win at all costs mentality the NSW League had. The big man showed what he really thought in SOO 1980 and it's been that way ever since. That's what fires Qld.

But good on Kevvie in Game One where his unique approach worked. He explained he had a new team and he had to focus them. They know what's required in Game 3 and let's hope it's a cracker. But blokes like Gordon Tallis and Mal Meninga Cam Smith are likely to have a better effect than mind games. They've been there...done that...and done it well.

Comment

I met Kev on a flight recently. He was very friendly. Seems a good bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        I met Kev on a flight recently. He was very friendly. Seems a good bloke.
                        Did you fire off any footy questions for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

I would have tested his general knowledge...Which Australian state has the highest population?

Comment

Has he ever thrown any of his players under the bus and accepted no blame for a loss?
                            Has he ever told the media to let the players know they have been dropped?

I don't mind Kevvie.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

No I didn’t want to hassle.

Comment

Working...
                              X