No announcement yet.

Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong about Butcher, i put my hand up !! Won't be the last time i am wrong either.
    I like Hall. Like others have mentioned is still way underdone but carries the ball strong as **** and seems to have a great work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
      I think Napa is the real deal. He’ll come good - I’m sure.

Butcher, if he can overcome shoulder issues, is the real deal also. And then some.
      Quote from March 2018. Good call, Salvo, but jeez, how much has Napa fallen away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post

Quote from March 2018. Good call, Salvo, but jeez, how much has Napa fallen away.
        Haha - 50% strike rate. Not good enough!!!

I’m trying to understand why Napa didn’t end up a top-tier forward, and the best I can come up with is that the prototypical forward in 2019 must be a skilled athlete with power and nous, which sums-up Butcher and Radley really. Napa is more in the lumbering hard-man mould, which is effective now and again but has a short shelf-life.
        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Im loving Butchers defence - he has good technique and he goes hard into the collision. Also showing a bit of spark in attack. I think someone here compared his style to Paul Gallen- extremely early days but i can see similarity.

Im surprised he is only 21 years of age.....feels like he has been in the wings for quite a while

Comment

This Aussie song goes through my head when I hear Nat's name

The Butcher and Fast (T)eddy

Great rift at the start for an "intro"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlJQeVd7hM

Comment

I think Radley could end up a five eighth.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                I was wrong about Butcher, i put my hand up !! Won't be the last time i am wrong either.
                I like Hall. Like others have mentioned is still way underdone but carries the ball strong as **** and seems to have a great work ethic.
                You weren’t wrong Easts. You were calling it as it is. Some players can be given a chance but fail to shine ( eg Collins) but others can work hard and eventually get it. Butcher has worked hard and now it’s paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                  Im loving Butchers defence - he has good technique and he goes hard into the collision. Also showing a bit of spark in attack. I think someone here compared his style to Paul Gallen- extremely early days but i can see similarity.

Im surprised he is only 21 years of age.....feels like he has been in the wings for quite a while
                  Haha that was probably me, I've been saying he's the next Paul Gallen for a while now.

Very similar qualities, high work rate, nuggety bloke, good offload, can ball play a bit and a genuine leader.

Just less of a dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Haha that was probably me, I've been saying he's the next Paul Gallen for a while now.

Very similar qualities, high work rate, nuggety bloke, good offload, can ball play a bit and a genuine leader.

Just less of a dickhead.
                    Im not surprised it was you R6 that compared him to Gallen.......your calls/observations are normally on the money. Thats my nice comment for the month!

Comment

Cockadoodledoo has been saying Butcher reminded him of Gallen for a few years now. R6 may have as well but if you want to go back it was the Coq.....
                      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I love him, he is a real footy player, tough and skilful

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                          Cockadoodledoo has been saying Butcher reminded him of Gallen for a few years now. R6 may have as well but if you want to go back it was the Coq.....
                          There have been a lot of posters comparing him to Gallen due to his style, body shape and grunt. I have said for 2 years he is Gallen less 5 NRL preseasons. I am glad we have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Haha - 50% strike rate. Not good enough!!!

I’m trying to understand why Napa didn’t end up a top-tier forward, and the best I can come up with is that the prototypical forward in 2019 must be a skilled athlete with power and nous, which sums-up Butcher and Radley really. Napa is more in the lumbering hard-man mould, which is effective now and again but has a short shelf-life.
                            Napa's only specialty was big hits and IMO they got worse after he was forced to correct his form following those head clashes.

IMO while big hits look good for fans, they're not THAT useful. I prefer players who can do a large number of effective tackles rather than 1 or 2 bellringers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                              Does whoever said it first get a prize?
                              That puts me out of the running.

Comment

Does butcher wear 13 when Jake comes back, or does Rads start there?

Comment

Working...
                                X