Our play makers getting belted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our play makers getting belted

The other teams know the only way to beat us is to belt keary and cronk out of the game thats were we are vulnerable what's your opinions on this matter

Will be interesting to see what Sue cops as a suspension.

I reckon JWH and the Roosters will be keeping a close eye on the suspension handed down

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Will be interesting to see what Sue cops as a suspension.

I reckon JWH and the Roosters will be keeping a close eye on the suspension handed down
      He won’t get suspended for that tackle. JWH was a bit later in my opinion. Plus it always seems to be one standard for uss and something different for all other clubs. But maybe I am biased. The premise is correct though our play makers are getting a Torrid Time and we don’t seem to be able to do the same.

Comment

He wasn't placed on report. Other sides smash us with complete impunity, we return serve and cop suspensions.

Comment

I'm in our corner first of all, but is cronk making it harder on himself, turning his body so much to pass? Poor bugger keeps copping kidney shots

Comment

Its not just ours and the game is rugby league not lawn bowls
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Well Sue ended up getting off with no suspension.

The judiciary is the biggest blight on the game. There is absolutely no consistency or alignment in their rulings with the NRL.

I always believe that incompetence is far more common than corruption but there's definitely a lot of questions to be asked about the integrity of this 'independent' judiciary process.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                I'm in our corner first of all, but is cronk making it harder on himself, turning his body so much to pass? Poor bugger keeps copping kidney shots
                Yeah he does, exposing his shoulder which I don’t think is 100% either.

I also think a lot of the crusher tackles are from the ball carrier turning their back on the defence and the tacklers just grabbing a lever to lock them up and get them down.
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Yeah he does, exposing his shoulder which I don’t think is 100% either.

I also think a lot of the crusher tackles are from the ball carrier turning their back on the defence and the tacklers just grabbing a lever to lock them up and get them down.
                  Gallen confirmed that players are fighting for every inch and they turn their backs because they get more power going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    I also think a lot of the crusher tackles are from the ball carrier turning their back on the defence and thetacklers just grabbing a lever to lock them up and get them down.
                    IMO it just needs a minor rule change to treat this situation as something similar to a dominant tackle. If a player backs into a tackle, as soon as momentum has stopped the ref should call held and blow time off. The tacklers immediately let go, and the ball-player waits for the ref to blow time on before playing the ball. Nobody gets hurt, and by punishing the ball-player with a slow play-the-ball, they are less likely to back into the tackle next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Gallen confirmed that players are fighting for every inch and they turn their backs because they get more power going backwards.
                      Interesting point from Gal. It opens up the offload too.

Then you have player like Reagan Campbell Gillard who do it regularly and cop and broken neck and jaw from being somewhat blindsided
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Well Sue ended up getting off with no suspension.

The judiciary is the biggest blight on the game. There is absolutely no consistency or alignment in their rulings with the NRL.

I always believe that incompetence is far more common than corruption but there's definitely a lot of questions to be asked about the integrity of this 'independent' judiciary process.
                        Sue's tackle was a lot different to JWH and I have no issue with it not copping a suspension. Unlike Ponga, Cronk had his back turned so Sue didn't really know whether he had released the ball at the time of making contact. JWH had plenty of opportunity to pull out of his shot on Ponga and knew full well the ball had long ago been kicked and still went on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Sue's tackle was a lot different to JWH and I have no issue with it not copping a suspension. Unlike Ponga, Cronk had his back turned so Sue didn't really know whether he had released the ball at the time of making contact. JWH had plenty of opportunity to pull out of his shot on Ponga and knew full well the ball had long ago been kicked and still went on with it.
                          He didn't have his back turned. He turns his torso after releasing the ball.

Go back and watch it again. He is side on upon release of the ball. It's a natural instinct of any ball player to rotate their body under pressure from a defender shooting out of the line. You can't use Cronk bracing for impact against him, that's illogical.

Sorry judge, if he didn't move I would've shot him in the leg instead of the head. He just got all jittery when I pointed a gun at him. It was his fault.

Comment

Johnny Cash wrote a great song about Sauaso Sue.

Comment

He didn't have his back turned. He turns his torso after releasing the ball.

Go back and watch it again. He is side on upon release of the ball. It's a natural instinct of any ball player to rotate their body under pressure from a defender shooting out of the line. You can't use Cronk bracing for impact against him, that's illogical.

Sorry judge, if he didn't move I would've shot him in the leg instead of the head. He just got all jittery when I pointed a gun at him. It was his fault.
                              Call it what you want, Sue's sight of the ball was impacted by Cronk turning his back to pass. He does it quite regularly and there's another example of it in the Storm game you put up to have a look at. JWH was standing there and watched Ponga kick the ball and still went on with the tackle. And you're calling me illogical?

Comment

Working...
                              X