What is Gus' problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosting View Post

Apparently one of the issues Latrell is having, is in regards to an offer he has received from the Dogs.

I have been told its $1m+ per season on a 10 year contract
    If true I wouldn’t begrudge him taking it.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

If true I wouldn’t begrudge him taking it.
      I would.
      We made him, like we made RTS.
      He owes us at least another 5 year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

I would.
        Agree

Comment

The Dogs? Lol...Lattrell wouldn't go there if you offered him $5m a season.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself. Those who are crediting Gould for 'saving' in the club in the 90s have been listening to Gould's self promotion songbook for far too long. As you rightly say, it was Politis who should receive the credit for what most give Gould the credit for. Gould has never done anything for the sake of the game, or the Roosters for that matter - Gus only ever acts in his own self interests, in the Chooks case Politis paying him handsomely for actually delivering not much at all by way of results when you think about it. Fittler and Sing would not have come if it wasn't for the money that the Chooks offered them - they didn't come for the love of Gould alone.

Gould is an fwit and Fittler is following in his footsteps. The two of them are blaming Latrell and the Chooks for their own SOO selection blunders. The pressure they are loading on Latrelle as aa 21 year old is appalling and they would never dream of doing the same to golden boy Cleary. I never want either of these 2 associated with our great club again. Both of them think nothing of biting the hand that fed them well for many a year.
            Don't agree, NC. Nick spent a lot of money before Gus came, to not much avail. The Transit Lounge years.

I credit Nick, Freddy and Gus as the big three who helped save the club in the mid-90s. If not for them we might have been kicked out instead of Souths.

While I experienced the glory days of the mid-70s, I also remember the hard times before Gus came and we regularly made the semis. We made the GF the year after he left and won the comp just 3 years after he left (with Gus on board in an advisory capacity). That didn't come from nowhere.

The guy can coach. He won 2 comps in his first four years as a first grade coach and, in 9 years of Origin, he only lost 1 series.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Don't agree, NC. Nick spent a lot of money before Gus came, to not much avail. The Transit Lounge years.

I credit Nick, Freddy and Gus as the big three who helped save the club in the mid-90s. If not for them we might have been kicked out instead of Souths.

While I experienced the glory days of the mid-70s, I also remember the hard times before Gus came and we regularly made the semis. We made the GF the year after he left and won the comp just 3 years after he left (with Gus on board in an advisory capacity). That didn't come from nowhere.

The guy can coach. He won 2 comps in his first four years as a first grade coach and, in 9 years of Origin, he only lost 1 series.
              Fair enough, but he is behaving like an unhinged tool now. His unjustified comments are damaging to us, and particularly young Latrell, and for that he can piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Fair enough, but he is behaving like an unhinged tool now. His unjustified comments are damaging to us, and particularly young Latrell, and for that he can piss off.
                I think him and Robbo have a bit of an uneasy relationship. I put Gus' unhinged comments down to some misguided attempt to defend Freddy from Robbo's criticism of him last week.

But storm in a teacup for mine and listening to Latrell talking about things he doesn't look too fazed.

Comment

I think him and Robbo have a bit of an uneasy relationship. I put Gus' unhinged comments down to some misguided attempt to defend Freddy from Robbo's criticism of him last week.

But storm in a teacup for mine and listening to Latrell talking about things he doesn't look too fazed.
                  Yep that could be, sounds plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Yep that could be, sounds plausible.
                    And if that isn't it exactly, we can all agree that his comments were unhinged.

Comment

Freddy and his team of selectors messed up big time in the first game. Fancy playing Nathan Cleary who only had three games under his belt with a debutant in Cody Walker at Suncorp Stadium. Then they expect these two to get some good clean ball to Latrell Mitchell. Whoever picked the team messed up big time. No experience in the halves cost them the game.
                      Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

I would.
                        He owes Easts nothing, you think if he wasn’t at the roosters he wouldn’t be playing at another club?

Comment

I appreciated what Gould did at Easts, it was a longtime ago and since then he has been interesting to observe him from afar.
                          Since his Easts departure in a classic narcisstic personality manner he put himself onto a higher pedestal via his ongoing behaviour and public comments which often are indicative of a personality disorder. I find him a very amusing and predictable manipulator. When this personality type are found out they quickly move on.
                          His tenure at tabloid ch 9 a perfect manipulative match to the masses. A ex CIA shrink wrote a book about narcisstic people and commented they are just a rung above a socio path and often in the media spotlight.Sure Gould has close ties to Nick but I assume it’s a case of the narcissist also being a sychophant.

Comment

I would.
                            1. The rumour's bullshyte.
                            2. It's a free market. We've put our best offer on the table and we'll see what happens. Latrell's won us a premiership and doesn't 'owe' us another one (or a lifetime of unconditional dedication). I hope we retain him, but at the same time I don't wanna hold him against his will.
                            3. If he decided to go elsewhere then much like RTS, I'd disconnect myself, bank the good memories and move on. No point pursuing somebody when their heart's not in it or blaming them for not loving you when they no longer can.

Comment

Problem is that's in the past. Look at the mess he created at Penmyth. Also when the going gets tough he says oh but I had Bennett agreeing to come. What a Dick I would be very surprised if Bennett would want anything to do with a club with Gould. Based on his comments in the media he would really struggle coaching in the modern game.
                              Yes he had a bit to do with the Roosters coming out of the dark ages, over 20 years ago, but he doesn't give a toss about the Roosters any more
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                The Dogs? Lol...Lattrell wouldn't go there if you offered him $5m a season.
                                He probably would, you know.
                                That's a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X