No announcement yet.

What is Gus' problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Gould is becoming those lyrics from Jesus Christ Superstar that Judas sings about Jesus.

And all the good you've done
    Will soon get swept away.
    You've begun to matter more
    Than the things you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
      Phil Gould is becoming those lyrics from Jesus Christ Superstar that Judas sings about Jesus.

And all the good you've done
      Will soon get swept away.
      You've begun to matter more
      Than the things you say.
      You're making your point badly.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

You're making your point badly.
        I felt I made my point admirably. He's trying to be more important than what he says. It's gone from "This is what is happening", said Phil Gould to Phil Gould said, "this is what's going to happen."

Comment

Gould has to blame someone otherwise we would figure out it was all Nathan Cleary's fault.

Cleary isn't even in the top 5 NSW half-backs, but Gould has appointed him as the future of NSW and made Freddy promise to stick with him even if he is crap.

Cleary not being able to produce any tries, try assists or line breaks in 4 games, well Latrell, Cordnor, Teddy and Angus are all to blame for that.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
            As in the rest of society, the stupidest are always the loudest while the thoughtful intelligent ones stay quiet.
            Bingo. I'll be fair and admit he knows more than me about footy. However, in Gus' case he's basically hung around footy and pro players for long enough that he's absorbed a lot of inside knowledge that only an insider/analyst would know.

Despite this, basically just a fat head who gets paid to speak his mind (often about stuff he knows SFA about). 1/2 The time I hear him commentating he's fighting with the other commentator about some BS agenda of his rather than watching the game. That or (for example) after HIM being the main dude to call all the Mata'utias 'Matty Utai' he's gone and had a massive rant about how stupid other people were... 'I don't get why other so called experts were calling him Peter Matthew Utai... it was aways Mata'utia' [except last week when I was cheering for Matty Utai].

Summary
            The guy has absorbed more insider footy knowledge than I'll ever have close to. However:
            - He's got zero grace or humility and regularly attacks people when he's wrong rather than just saying sorry and moving on.
            - He's been known to do cash for comment BS (e.g. 'WHAT ABOUT LABOR'S STUPID POKIE LAWS!!! THEY WILL RUIN THE NRL!! VOTE LIBERAL IF YOU WANT THE NRL TO SURVIVE!!!' or 'NO NO NO... I'LL MAKE IT CLEAR... IF YOU WANT SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL THEN VOTE FOR THE LIBERAL PARTY. A VOTE FOR THE LIBERALS IS A VOTE FOR SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTY!!! THAT SIMPLE'. Regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, he should be ashamed of himself for those 2 comments as they were so darn obviously paid comments.
            - He doesn't know when to quit. Instead he sits around like a fukking maggot, leaning over people who are trying to coach teams and saying 'NO I RETIRED FROM COACHING AS A SUCCESSFUL COACH 20 YEARS AGO!!! IT'S HIS JOB TO COACH THIS TEAM... NOT MINE!! ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT HE'S DOING A SHYTE JOB, ALL THE PLAYERS SHOULD ABANDON SHIP AND [INSERT PROVOCATIVE COMMENT]'. He did this to NSW and Panthers the whole time and it must be so fukking annoying having to put up with his constant commentaries as a coach... like dude... if you can do a better job than me then you fukky coach them to victory! (Magically, the Riff has done a lot better since he left - coincidence?)

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
              Maybe Gus wanted to return after quitting the Panthers and was told his services are not required by Robbo.
              Bingo.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I felt I made my point admirably. He's trying to be more important than what he says. It's gone from "This is what is happening", said Phil Gould to Phil Gould said, "this is what's going to happen."
                Yeah, Gus would be excellent if he spoke for 10 mins a week. The need to fill airtime and print space means he sometimes talks BS. But I'm willing to forgive Gus pretty much anything because of what he did for the Roosters.

My point was - and take it with a grain of salt, as I'm not religious - Jesus was the one who was talking sense but was persecuted unfairly.

Comment

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/how...11-p51wnz.html

How Phil Gould helped deliver Watene-Zelezniak to the Bulldogs

#####

What next?
                  "How Phil Gould helped deliver Latrell Mitchell to the Bulldogs"?

Have we signed Latrell long-term yet?
                  RTS is said by some to have "gone for the money".

The Bulldogs, "desperate for a win", now have a better team than they did last round...just in time to play the Roosters.

A fine day, afternoon footy, home game at SCG, Dogs will love the big-match stage, all players wanting to shine.
                  Lots of big Islander boys in the Dogs team, we had trouble tackling their ilk against the Panthers.
                  Foran has hit top form...we'll need to make effective tackles for 80 mins.
                  Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs adopt the Panthers game plan, run 'Kikau-types' at our try line all day.
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-13-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

contract talks are on hold until after origin apparently

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

My point was - and take it with a grain of salt, as I'm not religious - Jesus was the one who was talking sense but was persecuted unfairly.
                      I accept that point completely. I think I was coming from the "Jesus' just this guy, you know" and making him out to be anything more than that is foolhardy. Same with Phil Gould, he's just a guy.

Comment

Looking down the barrel of 4 losses in a row should be motivation enough, but I fear we have an attitude problem atm. Will Lats turn up?

Comment

I accept that point completely. I think I was coming from the "Jesus' just this guy, you know" and making him out to be anything more than that is foolhardy. Same with Phil Gould, he's just a guy.
                          Phillip Gould, Phillip Gould,
                          Who are you? What have you sacrificed?
                          Phillip Gould Superstar,
                          Do you think you're what they say you are?

I might be atheist, but I pretty much know the words to every song. Still watch it on DVD sometimes ...

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/how...11-p51wnz.html

How Phil Gould helped deliver Watene-Zelezniak to the Bulldogs

#####

What next?
                            "How Phil Gould helped deliver Latrell Mitchell to the Bulldogs"?

The Bulldogs, "desperate for a win", now have a better team than they did last round...just in time to play the Roosters.

A fine day, afternoon footy, home game at SCG, Dogs will love the big-match stage, all players wanting to shine.
                            Lots of big Islander boys in the Dogs team, we had trouble tackling their ilk against the Panthers.
                            Foran has hit top form...we'll need to make effective tackles for 80 mins.
                            Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs adopt the Panthers game plan, run 'Kikau-types' at our try line all day.
                            Apparently one of the issues Latrell is having, is in regards to an offer he has received from the Dogs.

I have been told its $1m+ per season on a 10 year contract

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Yeah I was around when Gus took over and brought Fittler and Sing.

That was Politis who brought them all ( and rumour has it paid off Gus' gambling debts in the process).

No premierships though for Gus.

Robbo has 2.

I'm calling HIM out as an erratic, duplicitous narcissist. His public meddling and beyond ridiculous blaming of Cordner and Latrell for Walker's ineptitude is vomit-worthy. His implication by extension that the Roosters club itself is behind NSW' 4 point loss due to their alleged mismanagement of Latrell (who went to a close relative's funeral FFS) is the rambling of an unhinged individual.

Yes I remember the 90s. This is the present and Gould is not acting like any friend of ours so he can piss right off.
                              Couldn't have said it better myself. Those who are crediting Gould for 'saving' in the club in the 90s have been listening to Gould's self promotion songbook for far too long. As you rightly say, it was Politis who should receive the credit for what most give Gould the credit for. Gould has never done anything for the sake of the game, or the Roosters for that matter - Gus only ever acts in his own self interests, in the Chooks case Politis paying him handsomely for actually delivering not much at all by way of results when you think about it. Fittler and Sing would not have come if it wasn't for the money that the Chooks offered them - they didn't come for the love of Gould alone.

Gould is an fwit and Fittler is following in his footsteps. The two of them are blaming Latrell and the Chooks for their own SOO selection blunders. The pressure they are loading on Latrelle as aa 21 year old is appalling and they would never dream of doing the same to golden boy Cleary. I never want either of these 2 associated with our great club again. Both of them think nothing of biting the hand that fed them well for many a year.
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosting View Post

Apparently one of the issues Latrell is having, is in regards to an offer he has received from the Dogs.

I have been told its $1m+ per season on a 10 year contract
                                Dogs doing their best to blow up their salary cap from 2021 once they are out of their current mess. I call bullshit.....

It's not 1 November yet either but I guess all of us on the chookpen are privvy to all the possible dirty deals in town...
                                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                                X