• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
    Can we trade Collins for RCG, TPJ ?
    I'd be happy to just give him away.

Comment

Rusell Packer !

He's playing reggies over at "Wests Balmain Western Suburbs Magpies/Tigers" and he's out of favor. Chooks need another impactful (mongrel) forward and Packer fits that mould. I reckon if he was to join JWH. SST, Tets (the coconut bros) then we'd have a real solid forward pack. I know Robbo prefers to have faith in the up-and-comers but Poasa Faamausili isn't even making the bench for the 17 man squad and as much as I don't wanna bag the kid out even though he contributed heaps leading towards our GF victory last season but "Lindsay Collins" just has too many playing errors in him and everyone has seen that 14 rounds in this season. I think Robbo and fans saw LIndsay as a Nappa (Big Papi) 2.0 but to me he just looks like more of a weaker/unco version of him. I can't see Collins being a reliable forward (unless he drastically improves quick smart). So imo Packer would be a great pick-up and even though Robbo prefers to go with a mobile/athletic style forward pack, Packer has a good motor on him and can play big minutes. I don't think he'd be asking big money either.

If not Packer then either way we need to look at our FRF rotation option(s). Not sure if Martin Taupau is still a valid option or not.

Whatever happens... in Robbo we trust !

Comment

We have the two best props in the game already. We are blessed there...no need to prop shop at the op shop.
        Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
          Rusell Packer !

He's playing reggies over at "Wests Balmain Western Suburbs Magpies/Tigers" and he's out of favor. Chooks need another impactful (mongrel) forward and Packer fits that mould. I reckon if he was to join JWH. SST, Tets (the coconut bros) then we'd have a real solid forward pack. I know Robbo prefers to have faith in the up-and-comers but Poasa Faamausili isn't even making the bench for the 17 man squad and as much as I don't wanna bag the kid out even though he contributed heaps leading towards our GF victory last season but "Lindsay Collins" just has too many playing errors in him and everyone has seen that 14 rounds in this season. I think Robbo and fans saw LIndsay as a Nappa (Big Papi) 2.0 but to me he just looks like more of a weaker/unco version of him. I can't see Collins being a reliable forward (unless he drastically improves quick smart). So imo Packer would be a great pick-up and even though Robbo prefers to go with a mobile/athletic style forward pack, Packer has a good motor on him and can play big minutes. I don't think he'd be asking big money either.

If not Packer then either way we need to look at our FRF rotation option(s). Not sure if Martin Taupau is still a valid option or not.

Packer is rubbish
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

If we can get him... Aden Fanua Blake from Manly

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              We have the two best props in the game already. We are blessed there...no need to prop shop at the op shop.
              for fear we'd cop a flop

Comment

Rusell Packer !

What's the Iceman then....chopped liver?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

What's the Iceman then....chopped liver?
                  Lock/ 2nd Row ? He's not really a hard running/meter gaining forward now is he !?

Comment

Lock/ 2nd Row ? He's not really a hard running/meter gaining forward now is he !?
                    He sure is that metre gaining fella...with a quickstep at the line to boot. Plays lock not much different these days to prop. Middle third I think they call it...R6 loves this topic may wish to add.

Comment

Well when SST or Jared are injured or suspended we do struggle in the prop department. Collins is not up to it yet and time is running out for him I fear. Farmer Silly looks promising but hasn't really been given a lot of fg yet, Tets has appeared to have gonr backwards this year and Liu is not suited to the first or second or 3rd hard carries, he is more suited to the 4th carry once we have established some momentum in which his late footwork and change of direction along with an offload comes in handy. An injury or two to our starting middles and we would be extremely vulnerable.

An experienced prop as long as they don't cost too much would come in handy but not Packer, he is ordinary.
                      Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 06-13-2019, 02:44 PM.
                      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Whether Packer is good or not heís on too much money with another 2 years to go on his contract, and no one will take him even if the tigers pay a portion of his wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I'd be happy to just give him away.
                          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

I donít think we need props, itís just more apparent when Jared is out and Lindsay still hasnít learnt to catch.

Really, we probably donít need anyone, itís just the injuries that that are mounting
                            Oh we need a big prop like Packer, off the bench...to come on and smash 'em when we start with replacements.
                            Our team is too small, and we're getting run over...Panthers game, for example..

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                              Whether Packer is good or not heís on too much money with another 2 years to go on his contract, and no one will take him even if the tigers pay a portion of his wages.
                              If we have money/cap space, we should take him.
                              We need him.

187 cm
                              121 kgs.

The Kikau of Bondi.

Wind him up, run him at the try line in the centres....under the posts, everywhere basically.
                              Stand him in the middle of the field and he can smash anyone who ventures thru there.

Comment

Packer couldn't smash an avocado....
                                Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                                Very easy to understand Zac so I'll spell it out. Bondi Boy wants Menzies to reincarnate and run the labour party.
                                Meanwhile ISM is out looking for Harold Holt and a dingo with a snorkel an digging holes in Griffith wearing an Al Grassby tie

Comment

Working...
                                X