Drew Hutchison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post

The last one was a shocker, but the others have probably been about 5 out of 8.
    5 out of 8 playing 5/8
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

i think Drew is a smoke screen. depending on who comes back match fit. Brock should get the job due to his efforts last week and especially if Latts comes back half done.
      Lucky to play for Norths on his last effort.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I've never seen Hutchison play, and maybe he's worth a go, but I don't have a problem with playing Latrell (if he comes through unscathed) at 5/8 and having Toups, Iku, Joey and Hall in the 3/4s.

Having Cronk organising things, Latrell will go okay.
        i think we saw against the Knights that Latrell is not a five eighth, at least for the moment.

We need him in the centres.

We also need Radley at lock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          Does anyone see Lam as future 9 for us?

any news on Morris. Concerning still not playing
          It's been the longest 4 week injury in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
            i think we saw against the Knights that Latrell is not a five eighth, at least for the moment.

We need him in the centres.

We also need Radley at lock.
            Bit of a difference between playing outside Cronk compared to Lamb, but I'd go Ash Barty. She's going great guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              Hutch was the Dragons next big thing before he got injured. Mary rated him for what its worth. Then they paid big $$ for Hunt.

Was on a train and trial arrangement with Easts and has been playing a utility role with the Bears when both Lam(b)s have been available. Has a touch of class and certainly has looked handy in the lower grade comp. Big for a halfback.

I'm guessing Robbo wants to give our potential halves all some air time which is a good thing. We have good depth in that area this year for a change.

I do hope Lachie Lam gets another crack though as I do rate him.
              He will but he’s still injured.

Comment

Never been a fan of Drew Hutchison, his playing style and body type always reminded me of a lesser talented Braith Anasta! (And I was never a fan of Braith as a footballer)

For Robbo to name him this week the kid must have improved significantly since the last time i watched him..

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Out of 10 what would you rate Latrells performances at 5/8?
                  7/10?

We lost to the knights because our forwards got dominated. Even if Keary and Cronk were in, we woulda lost that one. Sometimes you lose 'em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

7/10?

We lost to the knights because our forwards got dominated. Even if Keary and Cronk were in, we woulda lost that one. Sometimes you lose 'em!!!
                    I think your 100% correct. I see that Corey Harawira Naeira cant even make the interchange for the Bulldogs- Dean Pay is clueless. Geez he would be a nice pick up before June 30 for the Roosters- a real gun coming off the bench and can do something that none our forwards can- offload
                    Last edited by Random Rooster; 06-05-2019, 02:57 AM.

Comment

The last one was a shocker, but the others have probably been about 5 out of 8.

If Hutchison's a gun, give him a go, but I'm not writing off Latrell just yet. Also means Hall can get a gig and, between Hutchison and Hall, Hall's more likely to be of use in the big games.
                      5 out of 8, very good Zac.

Comment

without jwh we be doing it very hard indeed?
                        hobbled beautifully by the nrl, how far ahead was this planned?

Comment

Hidden within all of this... Keary mighta played his last game for 2019! Any news one this front?

Coz if he has, we need to adapt pretty fukking fast!!!

IMO we need to build towards:
                          - Radley being hooker... possibly well into the finals. Stinks but Liu is a solid #13... it's the guys replacing him on the bench who I'm worried about.
                          - Latrell moving to #6 with Morris coming back as a left centre and Hall moving to the right wing to replace Ikuvalu. Not long-term but his is better than Lamb, Lam, Verrills and Drew. S*x but true! None of them are first grade.
                          - Experimenting with Lamb, Lam, Verills and Drew until one steps up and says 'I AM FUKKING FIRST GRADE MATERIAL!!! DON'T NEED TO BE THE HERO BUT I AM HAPPY TO PLAY SAFE AND SIMPLE WITHIN THE ESTABLISHED TEAM STRUCTURES...' [Like Watson did in 2016] Pray that one will come good so that we can move Radley back to #13 and move Collins/Butcher off the bench (with hitman Radley being able to focus on defence rather than 80 minutes of ball distribution).
                          - If Keary comes good (GIVE HIM AS LONG AS HE NEEDS + THE OPTION TO RETIRE... WELFARE ABOVE ALL!!!) then BOOM... Latrell back to centre and it's party time all over again.
                          - Friend's ready for the finals? We can start clutching at that trophy again.

Comment

Keary will play R17 or 18

Robo explained on NRL 360 that concussions are not an exact science according to neurologists.
                            However to break the cycle requires a month away from any head trauma, roosters are playing it safe with 6 weeks.

Next they would of decided how they plan to fill the void for the next 6 weeks, taking into consideration the Origin period and current injuries.

Comment

I’d give Hutchinson a crack and if he does well keep him there for now, if not then a lam or a lamb should replace him

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                                Keary will play R17 or 18

Robo explained on NRL 360 that concussions are not an exact science according to neurologists.
                                However to break the cycle requires a month away from any head trauma, roosters are playing it safe with 6 weeks.

Next they would of decided how they plan to fill the void for the next 6 weeks, taking into consideration the Origin period and current injuries.

Jake Friend said he is hoping to be back about the same time as Keary on Rooster Radio interview

Comment

Working...
                                X