Souffs Penalty Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

It's not about how Manly lost it...It's about the penalty count often being on souths favour. So the general perception is that souths are given more discretion with their infringements and teams like us or even manly are the pariahs of the comp...
    They have received 30 more penalties than they have conceded this year - by far the biggest such margin of any club. In the year of their Welfare Premiership, the differential was +43 so they are on track to have a similar favourable treatment this year.

Comment

• 2014: Games played, 27 each

Souffs penalties received: 239
      Roosters pensaltie received: 150

89 more penalties.

Never forget the great NRL orchestrated rort of 2014.

"But but tin foil hat! Roosters give penalties away on their line!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

They have received 30 more penalties than they have conceded this year - by far the biggest such margin of any club. In the year of their Welfare Premiership, the differential was +43 so they are on track to have a similar favourable treatment this year.
        The storm have a negative differential yet lead the comp by 4 games, the parra and cows have a plus 20 something differential and are just in the 8 or almost last. The titans have received the most penalties of all teams and they are last.

souths won the penalty count 33-23 when they lost all 4 games in a row recently.

The 5 games we lost this year we have won the count 38-33.

cleary shows winning or losing the count doesn’t alway determine the results.

it would be nice to win the count 8-2 a lot of times, but if that means losing the match, then no point.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Nathan or Ivan?

You are correct in that it doesn't always determine the result....but it certainly helps. The difference in the policing of the ruck yesterday was alarming. Manly were penalised for slowing the play the balls yet Souths were getting away with it. It goes back to consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Nathan or Ivan?

You are correct in that it doesn't always determine the result....but it certainly helps. The difference in the policing of the ruck yesterday was alarming. Manly were penalised for slowing the play the balls yet Souths were getting away with it. It goes back to consistency.
            Also forgot the s on always.

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Nathan or Ivan?

Countless times yesterday when souths slowed the ruck up Atkins yelled out milking by manly to justify it. I've watched him closely when he refs souths in the past he definitely helps them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The Sharks are the dark horses. If they get their full team on the paddock they will be there or thereabouts IMO.
                It's a 3 horse race.

Any dark horse should be 50/1 and drifting.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Countless times yesterday when souths slowed the ruck up Atkins yelled out milking by manly to justify it. I've watched him closely when he refs souths in the past he definitely helps them.
                  Noticed that as well JB. Many tricks to help them
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

The storm have a negative differential yet lead the comp by 4 games, the parra and cows have a plus 20 something differential and are just in the 8 or almost last. The titans have received the most penalties of all teams and they are last.

souths won the penalty count 33-23 when they lost all 4 games in a row recently.

The 5 games we lost this year we have won the count 38-33.

it would be nice to win the count 8-2 a lot of times, but if that means losing the match, then no point.
                    You're missing the point...Just because the Storm have received more penalties against AND they're winning has got nothing to do with it, much like us when we are often on the losing end of the penalty count...That shows we and the storm have to overcome that count to win, which I'm sure it isn't easy...The fact that you show souths winning the penalty counts yet are still losing suggests that their points against them could be higher had they not won those penalty counts. That old adage that 'it all evens out...' obviously does not apply to them AND with players like the burgessessss and others not so wholesome, how is it that they can win many of their penalty counts? It's a conundrum!

Comment

You're missing the point...Just because the Storm have received more penalties against AND they're winning has got nothing to do with it, much like us when we are often on the losing end of the penalty count...That shows we and the storm have to overcome that count to win, which I'm sure it isn't easy...The fact that you show souths winning the penalty counts yet are still losing suggests that their points against them could be higher had they not won those penalty counts. That old adage that 'it all evens out...' obviously does not apply to them AND with players like the burgessessss and others not so wholesome, how is it that they can win many of their penalty counts? It's a conundrum!
                      So you are saying the NRL is rigging the comp for Souths by giving them a greater penalty differential? Why do you think that is? What would be the benefit of it for the good of the game this year?

Comment

So you are saying the NRL is rigging the comp for Souths by giving them a greater penalty differential? Why do you think that is? What would be the benefit of it for the good of the game this year?
                        Where did I say that? I am saying that souths are getting fewer penalties than other teams, The reason? I don't know but they have done so for many years whereas us are on the other side of the list for many years..Maybe the storm as well. I doubt it's organised cheating but it could be more a perception that the referees might have that we are a club that often infringes to even refs having personal biases against us and are happier to blow the whistle whereas those poor old rabithoes are the good guys of the comp...anything can happen...The benefit, well I do claim that I don't believe the NRL cares who wins the comp so they are not organising it to benefit souths...

Comment

Where did I say that? I am saying that souths are getting fewer penalties than other teams, The reason? I don't know but they have done so for many years whereas us are on the other side of the list for many years..Maybe the storm as well. I doubt it's organised cheating but it could be more a perception that the referees might have that we are a club that often infringes to even refs having personal biases against us and are happier to blow the whistle whereas those poor old rabithoes are the good guys of the comp...anything can happen...The benefit, well I do claim that I don't believe the NRL cares who wins the comp so they are not organising it to benefit souths...
                          Sorry it seemed where this thread was going.

Over so many years and different refs,Why is it the poor old rabbits that the refs feel for and not the tigers,titans,panthers? I too don’t understand why they seem to always top the favourable counts over the years.

Comment

• Storm looked like embarrassing the Vermin, but 8 consecutive penalties have put them back in the game.

Comment

• Scoffs needed 5 freebies to score their 1st try. Smith must have lost his voice caz normally he would have ensured Melbourne where given a few more by now

Comment

• 37 mins into the game and penalties are 9-3 in favour of you know who.

Comment

Working...
                                X