No announcement yet.

Announcing the FOFFFFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that I could only watch a couple of minutes of SOO1 on Wed as I just cannot stomach the Channel 9 commentary. Will have to remember next game to set my radio up so I can put the TV on mute and listen to MMM call.

Thank the heavens that the only exclusive games 9 have are Origins and the GF. That's enough to remind me that my Foxtel subscription is money well spent. No ads, no Rabs, no Gould, no Vautin - it's all good. The Fox crew aren't perfect, and some are better than others, but they are all an grade up on the 9 buffoons.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
      All I know is that I could only watch a couple of minutes of SOO1 on Wed as I just cannot stomach the Channel 9 commentary. Will have to remember next game to set my radio up so I can put the TV on mute and listen to MMM call.

Thank the heavens that the only exclusive games 9 have are Origins and the GF. That's enough to remind me that my Foxtel subscription is money well spent. No ads, no Rabs, no Gould, no Vautin - it's all good. The Fox crew aren't perfect, and some are better than others, but they are all an grade up on the 9 buffoons.
      Never truer words spoken!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

LOL. Mr loyalty himself bragging about FOFF. A disgraceful campaign started by some insipid self entitled supporters like yourself.
        Yep. The forum’s resident moron.

Comment

It's disappointing to see the quality of commentary on fox league drop over the last few years. When they launched the 24 hr league channel I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. But in hindsight I was probably comparing it to channel nine's league coverage at the time. Which mind you is still a joke.

Now it just seems that they want to present one crappy show after another, all looking for the same cheap laughs. I used to think Paul Kent and Ben Ikin were Muppets but now NRL 360 is probably the best show on fox league. And that's not because they have improved, but that everyone else has dropped in quality.

I'd rather watch the same replays of games from the 80's and 90's than 90% of the shows they dish out. Foxtel is only now keeping my money because of the Fox Cricket channel. I just hope that doesn't go down the shitter as well. At least BJ, Mark Waugh, AB and co. have brains - hopefully Dave Warner doesn't get a gig on it post retirement
          Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 06-08-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Commentators and journos are good when they say something good about your club but the minute they say something bad then they don’t know what they’re talking about or have an anti Roosters agenda or whatever club those fans support. All league fans say the same thing. At the end of the day the career commentator knows how to do his job while the footy boofhead pundit just does their best to string 2 words together which is expected. With all that said there are some ex footy commentators that are blatantly pro their team they used to play for like Lockyer and Parker. They just can’t help themselves.

I take all their comments with a grain of salt but even though I have Foxtel I still prefer Nines coverage because most of the calls on Fox league are boring.

As for the women, well I only like 3 of them and the rest are there just to appease the feminists.

That’s my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
              Commentators and journos are good when they say something good about your club but the minute they say something bad then they don’t know what they’re talking about or have an anti Roosters agenda or whatever club those fans support. All league fans say the same thing. At the end of the day the career commentator knows how to do his job while the footy boofhead pundit just does their best to string 2 words together which is expected. With all that said there are some ex footy commentators that are blatantly pro their team they used to play for like Lockyer and Parker. They just can’t help themselves.

I take all their comments with a grain of salt but even though I have Foxtel I still prefer Nines coverage because most of the calls on Fox league are boring.

As for the women, well I only like 3 of them and the rest are there just to appease the feminists.

That’s my opinion.
              Its funny you say that as Ive been noticing for years that either certain commentators or coaches being interviewed around origin time say some very strange things with a clear agenda in mind.

Bilby Slater came out the other day sprouting Jack Wightons origin debut as amazing and how he had an awesome game. Then Skellator comes out carrying on about how he thought Walker was probably the best on ground for NSW.

Two guys who had shockers being talked up by ex QLDers obvously trying to sell those duds for NSW to stay with them knowing full well that they would more than likely weaken the NSW team.

Aside from all that, I think JW had a great game for his club side last night. Just struggled on the bigger stage with limited game time.

Just my take anyway.
              Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-08-2019, 12:12 PM.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Its funny you say that as Ive been noticing for years that either certain commentators or coaches being interviewed around origin time say some very strange things with a clear agenda in mind.

Bilby Slater came out the other day sprouting Jack Wightons origina debut as amazing and how he had an awesome game. Then Skellator comes out carrying on about how he thought Walker was probably the best on ground for NSW.

Two guys who had shockers being talked up by ex QLDers obvously trying to sell those duds for NSW to stay with them knowing full well that they would more than likely weaken the NSW team.

Aside from all that, I think JW had a great game for his club side last night. Just struggled on the bigger stage with limited game time.

Just my take anyway.
                JW?
                ok edited now I know who you mean.

yeah I know some have different opinions like Waynker...

now Brownie is spruking Pearce for origin.

youd think he wouldn’t want to get him to play and fail and then his demeanour change. It’s also in Brownies interest to succeed cause 3-4 rounds ago he was out the door.
                Last edited by ROC181; 06-08-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Poor old Mark Gasnier was going on about Isaac Lukes massive contribution in the 2014 grand final running of the back of Burgess boys go forward. Too bad that Luke was suspended for that game and didnt play

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Yep. The forum’s resident moron.
                    This coming form the forums resident hypocrite
                    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                      Poor old Mark Gasnier was going on about Isaac Lukes massive contribution in the 2014 grand final running of the back of Burgess boys go forward. Too bad that Luke was suspended for that game and didnt play
                      Lol.

I think Gaz meant leading up to the finals

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                        Fubby never lets facts, like a woman not being interested in him, get in the way of him spraying his sauce everywhere.

Comment

The power of the FOFFFFF strikes again.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cro...29-p545mx.html

There is more news coming out of the Fox Sports bunker. Troubled star Brett Finch was a notable absentee from the Fox launch during the week. It wasn’t hard to discover why: his contract has not been renewed.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                            Shithouse thread....sorry.

I was embarrassed as an Easts fan at the pack mentality to target and villify one of our own players. It nearly made me "walk" from Easts social media at the time. Fortunately some of the main protagonists don't come here much now.

I felt the same way. It was shameful.

Comment

it's going back a long way way , but finch weren't that bad , win a m p , 2 gfs as I recall, sure Freddie was alongside but if he was a total mong, he would have been gone, the roosters we're the fittest team in the league from 02 to 04 that takes commitment, I view him as I now do Pearce slightly above average in fg. oh I know he wasn't with us in 02 before someone flames away. good luck finch.

Comment

Speaking of FOX, is Cooper working there at the moment? I thought I saw something very briefly the other day about him being cut. If so, I think he will just get by.
                                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                                X