We MUST replace Cronk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

Yes Jack itís true they arenít the same players as you have said however the existing halves we have outside of Cronk have limited 1st grade experience thatís why I think they will look outside to fill the halfback position.
    Raiders havenít yet locked up George Williams from England, biggest talked about of all Rickys recruits yet.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Raiders havenít yet locked up George Williams from England, biggest talked about of all Rickys recruits yet.
      With 4 others Englishmen already there I cant see him not going to the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

With 4 others Englishmen already there I cant see him not going to the Raiders.
        Unless of course he wants to win something.

Comment

Whatís happened to Mitchell Paul? Out of favour at the Chooks?
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
            Whatís happened to Mitchell Paul? Out of favour at the Chooks?
            Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              I think last night showed pretty clearly just how important it is to have 2 experienced halves.

Keary will be our main half next year that is a given but if he was to get an injury our whole season would crumble and that's such a huge risk. It could be a real 2016 type season when we lost Pearce for the first half of the season and never recovered.

I'm fine with developing Lam/Latrell/insert young up and comers for the long term but we must replace Cronk with an experienced half for 2020. Experienced meaning more than 50 first grade games.

Obviously we won't be able to afford top end halves but I think options such as;

- Sam Williams
              - Te Marie Martin
              - Aidan Sezer
              - Ryley Jacks
              - Blake Austin

Should be considered strongly. None are world beaters but all have experience and are first graders in the right environment.

I would also be watching the Ash Taylor situation very closely. If we could pick him up for a discount he would be worth shedding a player to pay the extra coin. His potential is huge, just needs some strong guidance and coaching.
              I'd go for Scott Drinkwater. Great young 5/8/half/fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Unless of course he wants to win something.
                They are on the way up mate & adding him to their roster next year will really strengthen them. They have some tough blokes in their side & it will be a cracker of a game in Rd 21.

Comment

What about someone like Zac Lomax? Decent ball runner who kicks goals. I know he has primarily been playing in the centres but he will probably evolve into a 5/8

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I'd go for Scott Drinkwater. Great young 5/8/half/fullback.

Signed with the Cowboys from what I've heard.

Comment

Who?
                      Imagine Joey Johns and Ewan McGrady had a child.
                      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Without keary we cant win shite. One more head knock this year and he'll be ruled out for the rest of year.
                        Flanagan before june 30 will help.

Comment

Without keary we cant win shite. One more head knock this year and he'll be ruled out for the rest of year.
                          Flanagan before june 30 will help.
                          We can, just need Crichton, Jarred, Latrell back
                          "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Also Lam. He is a Keary-like player. All of the halves that have played alongside Cronk since Kearyís injury havenít complimented his style.
                            "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Another rubbish game from Cronk today, but hey maybe he was just jet-lagged from his long break.

Comment

Working...
                              X