X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fletch
    started a topic Keary Concussion Issues

Keary Concussion Issues

3 head knocks/concussions in the space of 10 weeks, when you throw in all the issues he had early last season after breaking his jaw in the preseason there is a really worrying trend developing here.

I really hope both NSW/Roosters use some common sense and sit him for the next 4-6 weeks for his own long term health.

• ConGa
    replied
    i hope Keary put on some weight to negate tackling impact. His body is like a school kid but playing like a front rower

Leave a comment:

• Kelvin Johnson
    replied
    Will be back for the Wests Tigers game on the 5th of July.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    I donít think people who have no idea about these sorts of injuries should be advising him or discussing what a player should do with his life and career. Itís his life and the thought of unknowns discussing on what he should do would just add to Lukeís worries.

Leave a comment:

• "gaz"
    replied
    Some interesting articles on the web which address concussion in combat sports and the concerns over returning to early without following concussion protocol which can lead to Post Concussion Syndrome.

From assessments carried out by qualified practitioners, guidelines are set out to be strictly adhered to based on the assessment findings, not following the guidelines or returning early and before the brain has recovered makes a concussion more likely to occur again, this is part of the Post Concussion Syndrome (Basically an aftershock from the previous concussion).

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied
    Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
    Another head knock could mean a 6 month lay off
    I can understand why the Roosters would be keen to sign a back up half like Flanagan before June 30th
    If he would need 6months off, then that is pretty much his career.

Leave a comment:

• "gaz"
    replied
    Another head knock could mean a 6 month lay off
    I can understand why the Roosters would be keen to sign a back up half like Flanagan before June 30th

Leave a comment:

• fletch
    replied
    Great to hear the Keary update from Robbo today, apparently no longer displaying concussion symptoms and is likely to return to training next week, he still won't play for a six week period but its encouraging he has recovered well from his latest concussion.

Leave a comment:

• Bansai Pipeline
    replied
    Yeah but he's inevitably going to cop more knocks. You'd be hard pressed to say his playing future looked bright.

Leave a comment:

• Serenader
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Seriously, these journos need to go back to school and refresh their maths. 6 weeks from the day of injury 24/05/19 is actually 05/07/19 which is round 16. They obviously just went on the rounds and didnít account for the Origin stand alone weekend.
    Great news the kid is cleared of any long term injury

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Originally posted by Horry View Post
    KEARY GETS ALL CLEAR

One of the worldís leading neuro surgeons has cleared Sydney Roosters star Luke Keary of any long-term brain-injury concerns.

As part of NRL protocol for two concussion episodes in a short period of time, Professor Chris Levi, as an independent medico, carried out extensive testing on Keary last week.

Levi is renowned as Australiaís leading concussion expert. He has tested 100 former NRL players as part of long-term research into possible early dementia.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson said the advice was to give the five-eighth a six-week rest.

ďThe great news is there was no evidence of any potential long-term concerns,Ē he said.

Keary will miss the remainder of the Origin series and will return around Round 17.
    Seriously, these journos need to go back to school and refresh their maths. 6 weeks from the day of injury 24/05/19 is actually 05/07/19 which is round 16. They obviously just went on the rounds and didnít account for the Origin stand alone weekend.

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Kiwis, Samoans, Tongans are from other countries, and other races...and as such are not Indigenous Australians.

Walker, Addo-Carr, Chambers and whoever else has joined the protest 'march', 'march' against what exactly...words in the anthem, or land rights, oppression, 'white privilege', etc?

Thurston, Mundine, and now an American director Spike Lee are backing the protesters.

This should really be in the Latrell thread, as his name was mentioned in the media ...as the nation waiting to see what he will do...join the protest or not.?
    Or have it's own thread?

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

American director Spike Lee calls for Indigenous NRL players to refuse to sing the national anthem at State Of Origin because it doesn't represent them

'Sports has, I feel, always been a vehicle to move society forward,' he told SBS.
    Mr Lee said every culture deserves to be represented and that people need to tell their stories.

Former NSW player Anthony Mundine has also called on non-indigenous players to stand in solidarity with indigenous players.
    'That would be unbelievable, because they (also) want change. Because generally, people are good people,' Mundine told news.com.au.

'All white fellas ain't bad. They see the Aboriginal people's plight, they see what's going on; the oppression. Within the justice system, kids are getting locked up. How limited the opportunities for Aboriginal people and how many opportunities there are for Caucasian white fellas'.

#####

When people see Addo-Carr in that link holding a sign with 'LAND' included in it, they get nervous.
    Wouldn't surprise me if people started ringing talk back radio worried that they're going to lose their homes to 'land rights'.
    Ring the radio...like they've done before..."I own my land, I paid for it".

These protesters wanna start a race 'war', then it's all on their heads.

IMO their protest is doing more harm than good.
    We just had an Indigenous Round, embraced by all...and now THIS!
    Latrell wonít sing this year, and he didnít last year, none of them did, just the media have brought it up this year.

as most sports people who were asked, all of them non indigenous, said that a lot of the time they did not sing publicly because they were either embarrassed, thinking about the game, or just humming along in their heads.

looks like a very small % of precious people actually give a shit if they sing or not.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

I like Walker far more than I do Reynolds. Walker is chirpy, but I get the sense that off the park heís a good guy. I saw this thing where he proposed to his wife with sky writing - cnuts donít do stuff like that - and I like his national anthem stance. He has a strong character.
    I agree with you on Cody Walker.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

What about all the Kiwis, Samoans and Tongans who will line up for Qld and NSW; and also not sing the anthem?

will you employ Delta or boy George as their singing coach?

Kiwis, Samoans, Tongans are from other countries, and other races...and as such are not Indigenous Australians.

Walker, Addo-Carr, Chambers and whoever else has joined the protest 'march', 'march' against what exactly...words in the anthem, or land rights, oppression, 'white privilege', etc?

Thurston, Mundine, and now an American director Spike Lee are backing the protesters.

This should really be in the Latrell thread, as his name was mentioned in the media ...as the nation waiting to see what he will do...join the protest or not.?
    Or have it's own thread?

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

American director Spike Lee calls for Indigenous NRL players to refuse to sing the national anthem at State Of Origin because it doesn't represent them

'Sports has, I feel, always been a vehicle to move society forward,' he told SBS.
    Mr Lee said every culture deserves to be represented and that people need to tell their stories.

Former NSW player Anthony Mundine has also called on non-indigenous players to stand in solidarity with indigenous players.
    'That would be unbelievable, because they (also) want change. Because generally, people are good people,' Mundine told news.com.au.

'All white fellas ain't bad. They see the Aboriginal people's plight, they see what's going on; the oppression. Within the justice system, kids are getting locked up. How limited the opportunities for Aboriginal people and how many opportunities there are for Caucasian white fellas'.

#####

When people see Addo-Carr in that link holding a sign with 'LAND' included in it, they get nervous.
    Wouldn't surprise me if people started ringing talk back radio worried that they're going to lose their homes to 'land rights'.
    Ring the radio...like they've done before..."I own my land, I paid for it".

These protesters wanna start a race 'war', then it's all on their heads.

IMO their protest is doing more harm than good.
    We just had an Indigenous Round, embraced by all...and now THIS!

Last edited by bondi.boy; 06-02-2019, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    It helps with the impact to the outside of the head, but not the movement of the brain in the opposite direction to the head which iis what causes concussion..
    Hitting you head against a brick wall may not hurt as much but the internal damage, and concussion would not be reduced,
    the head gear protects the outside of the head no the inside.
    That's the information I was taught at the carious concussion courses I have attended

Leave a comment:

Working...
X