Keary Concussion Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keary Concussion Issues

3 head knocks/concussions in the space of 10 weeks, when you throw in all the issues he had early last season after breaking his jaw in the preseason there is a really worrying trend developing here.

I really hope both NSW/Roosters use some common sense and sit him for the next 4-6 weeks for his own long term health.

I'm sure both he and his family would have to agree that it isn't worth the risk of long term issues

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
      3 head knocks/concussions in the space of 10 weeks, when you throw in all the issues he had early last season after breaking his jaw in the preseason there is a really worrying trend developing here.

I really hope both NSW/Roosters use some common sense and sit him for the next 4-6 weeks for his own long term health.
      It's something that I have thought seriously enough to make a few posts on about Keary's susceptibility to concussion on this forum Fletch. And I see it as serious enough to possibly curtail his career. Certainly he has to out of SOO contention. Then we can just see how he goes later in the year.

It also shows that potentially we can go from having the best halves combo in the competition to needing an entirely new one, should that worst case scenario happen coupled with Cooper hanging up his boots.

Certainly wish the best for Luke for a good recovery, whatever happens.

Comment

Unfortunately the more concussions you have the more susceptible you become every time you hit your head.

I worry for Keary, it's been an ongoing issue now over 2 seasons. His welfare must come first.

Comment

Yep, pick Reynolds and Walker for origin halves, players sometimes can’t see past the 90k origin brings them to think about it rationally, doctors should be making the call.

Comment

tonight was unlucky for luke. if it wasn't for a poor pass which led to a panic play and him getting hammered via a hospital pass who knows what would of happened with him. But as it stands yes very concerning

Comment

The Pittsburgh Penguins sat Sidney Crosby for like 6 months when he had concussion issues early in his career.

It's time we in the NRL took head knocks just as seriously.

Comment

Its a concern for sure.
                Maybe he should wear a headgear.

Comment

Don't pick him for Origin for a start.

Comment

Dr Ibrahim weighing in on Keary.

https://twitter.com/dr_ameeribrahim/...76713032429569

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...76939587710977

Comment

It’s a terrible thing for Keary to have to deal with. This could be the beginning of the end unfortunately. He really needs to consider wearing headgear. I hope he gets through this okay but it can’t keep happening, it’s too much of a risk. At least headgear would lessen the impact if it was to happen again.

Comment

Also forgot that Keary got knocked senseless playing for the Kangaroos in October last year, brings his concussion total to 4 in 8 months.

Comment

Headgear won’t make any difference, other than to protect against cuts

its the brain wobble inside the cranium that causes damage, but like a car crash .. whiplash and bang.

Poor guy..
                          he is a Queenslander who’d only be a hired gun though
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Keary is a great player and seems like a real good person, but he is doing something wrong to keep getting knocked out when he is making a tackle.
                            Needs professional help to get his technique or whatever is the problem fixed.

Can't afford to carry him in a rep team until he gets all the head knocks sorted.

Comment

Yeh yeh concern for the guy’s health and all let his family worry about that, but my main concern is the fact that he don’t have a reliable player in such an important position cause he struggles to get through a game these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X