No announcement yet.

Keary Concussion Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrote earlier in the year that he shouldn’t be subjecting himself to Origin with his history

Comment

Trent’s suddenly got his work cut out for him, all things considered

Comment

I'm worried for Luke.

He's built like a larrikin schoolboy but tougher and harder than most prop forwards And what a special Rugby League talent.

I don't know where this ends, but mainly I want him to have a good life and be Ok.

Comment

Real concerning for Luke.
          A few more concussions in a row and he may have to consider retirement. How long will they rest him? Who will replace him? Please no more Mitchel!
          JWH out for 2 weeks and then will have be very careful when he returns.
          Victor at Hooker is stuffing with our entire forward rotation.
          Lets hope things get back on track after Origin but that is 6 weeks away.

Comment

Im hearing Keary may not play again this year or have a long stint on the sidelines
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Im hearing Keary may not play again this year or have a long stint on the sidelines
              That wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

If it’s the best for him and his welfare I’m all for it. Player welfare above all else

Comment

That is surely the case. Remember last year and Ryan Matterson. He had a couple of early season head bins. Also was returned too early - just like Keary this year - and then copped the final knockout that sidelined him for two months.

Matterson should not have been playing and neither should Keary. Granted you have to get the bump first but they are much more susceptible to multiple concussions thereafter. Player welfare must come first. Keary is looking at 8 weeks if not more.

Comment

no keary, no b2b, im all for player welfare, if he needs to be rested so be it. but i just cannot see us winning big games without him.

Comment

With 4 concussions in 8 months this wouldn't be at all surprising.

Comment

My son went through something similar a few years back, he had two concussions in 3 weeks and the last one scared him as he couldn't remember anything at all from the game. He ended up sitting the year out and hasn't had an issue since. As soon as Keary left the field two thoughts went through my mind. The first was that we were gone, we couldn't win that game without him. The second was that it could mean an end to his career

Comment

The cubby house is falling down!

Luke will /would be a massive loss.

A big character test for us as a club.

Comment

Luke's welfare is paramount, and if that means a few months on the sideline then so be it. He is about to become a father for the first time in a few months and that should be his first priority. The last thing you need is for him to come back to early and get knocked out again, and not be in great shape for the birth of his child.

Footy isn't everything. If he needs time away to recover fully, then give it to him, even if he doesn't actually want to accept it. Don't give him the option to refuse taking time out.
                            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                              Luke's welfare is paramount, and if that means a few months on the sideline then so be it. He is about to become a father for the first time in a few months and that should be his first priority. The last thing you need is for him to come back to early and get knocked out again, and not be in great shape for the birth of his child.

Footy isn't everything. If he needs time away to recover fully, then give it to him, even if he doesn't actually want to accept it. Don't give him the option to refuse taking time out.
                              I like your thinking. Football is a game, even if a career to Keary. Parenthood is a lifetime commitment. I'm sure Luke will make the right decision.

At least he has tasted the absolute heights in footy, with two grand finals, a Clive Churchill medal, representing his country, albeit all too short and knowing that Freddie had him earmarked for SOO selection. That remains a future ambition, assuming he overcomes his susceptibility to concussion. Not many palyers have his scrapbook.

As Jack mentioned earlier he is just a little guy with a front rower mentality. He throws himself into every tackle - he makes it a collision. I hope he can come back, adjust his game a little and live out his dream. For now if you ever read the forum, rest up Luke, follow the medical advice and the best for a total recovery allaying any worries for you and your family.

Comment

Hopefully he has 2 months off and then we can have a real crack at a run home for the finals.
                                If he has to take the rest of the year off then so be it. Its just a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X