• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosterfarian
    started a topic Collins

Collins

Just not up for the top grade.

Yes our expectations are high as fans but honestly itís time to give some others a go.

Final straw stuff.

Farmer silly. Please.

• rented tracksuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    people were saying this about butcher a couple of weeks ago
    Yeah and Iím still not sold either.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    Overall I've been a fan of Collins and still love his enthusiasm. My point was that he hasn't grabbed that spot that was offering at the start of the season. And it's been his mistakes at critical times. Whereas Butcher and Sitili have taken their chances with both hands. Collins still needs time if it's going to happen.

My point on a heavy hitter like Packer is that it takes pressure off JWH and replaces the Napa fear factor. But my comment was aimed at the big packs like the Broncos who dwarf our pack. A 120kg monster like a Packer would have filled the gap in these areas. He also has a lot of experience to pass on and is a natural leader.

Transit lounge comments are way off the mark. Haven't heard too many complaints about the purchase of Tedesco, Cronk to win a premiership. Only from the Roosters critics who complain about our salary cap sombrero.

Leave a comment:

• The Axe
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

You mean slow leg speed? Look at Tets if you want to see leg speed.
    Meant what I said. Happy to be proven wrong. Watch his hit ups off kickoffs

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    Very. Few props have leg speed like Collins. Needs more minutes whether that be in FG or Bears
    You mean slow leg speed? Look at Tets if you want to see leg speed.

Leave a comment:

• The Axe
    replied
    Very. Few props have leg speed like Collins. Needs more minutes whether that be in FG or Bears

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    replied
    Collins just needs to be playing reserve grade for a while. Bring back the farmer.

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    replied

Gus is not seeing much ball due to our lethal left, and he's not finding combo's yet. It took 10-15 rounds with Cronk and Keary last year. I reckon he will be a weapon come finals.
    Last edited by Flipper Hands; 05-18-2019, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

Hahah true.

I dub thee "Samson"
    I agree. Same could be said about Angus. Even though I thought he was one of our best on ground last night, before he got that haircut we was a cut above (pardon the pun) at Souths. He was making linebreaks, offloading, sidestepping and was dynamite. Maybe thereís something in the Samson theory. Lol!

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    I couldn't disagree more with the opening post.

I think it couldn't be more evident that he has what it takes to be in the top grade. His carries are always strong, he consistently bends the line and his defence over the past few weeks has really improved. This tackle being the epitome of his turn around in defence https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...fort--round-8/

It's just the small details of the game he needs to get right, he comes up with some really silly basic errors at times.

I love the energy and aggression he brings onto the footy field but I just wonder if it's detrimental to his game, I'd love to see him come out a little more level headed in his next game and really channel his aggression into select moments.

Butcher & Sitili have gone past him no doubt, but that doesn't mean he's not up to the top grade.

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkone View Post
    never been the same since he lost that mullet
    Hahah true.

I dub thee "Samson"

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    I believe he's signed until the end of 2022. At the very least, he's a good back-up option. Probably not in our top 17 atm, but sometimes shows glimpses of quality.

Leave a comment:

• TheLoneRooster
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    He was robbed of an amazing play when he knocked the ball out close to their line and the officials incorrectly called it a strip and knock on. Yet another critical call that went against us.
    Spot on JT. I like Collins, I think he's trying too hard and subsequently making mistakes. Coach needs to settle him down.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    I know its a Collins thread but what about JWH's defence. Mate he is scary, he is playing the best footy of his life I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• JB_Cloey
    replied
    He deserves another chance but there are plenty of other blokes who also deserve a go.

Give him a spell in norths and let's see what else we have on offer.

That's also good family planning. Let's the norths players know that if they are patient and work hard their efforts will be rewarded with a crack at first grade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X