Souths get the golden handshake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souths get the golden handshake

Nice of the NRL to provide Souths with the million they need to lure Latrell.

Who would have thought Greenburg would do them a solid like that?

It's cool though. If it were us in that position I'm sure the League world would understand.

typical isnt it, im sure manly a few years ago had to pay 1.5 mil to stewart and matai for a while?

Comment

Another thread on Souths.
      Go the Roosters.
      Originally posted by Chook;n805564
      Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

The deal means what Inglis has already earned from his contract and what he earns in Souths-related stuff this year is included in the salary cap; and what he's paid to work for Souths next year gets included. Otherwise Souths don't have to include any unpaid amount (from his original contract) in the salary cap. Seems fair enough, but the NRL has to really make that any other sweeteners he's been given to retire are included in the salary cap.

Comment

Regardless Souths still have the same salary cap as the other clubs so I really donít see the fuss about all this. Maybe not this year but next year they should be entitled to use the money that GI would have been earning. Itís not as if they can spend more on players than anyone else.

I hate those dirty grubs with a passion but itís time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            Another thread on Souths.
            Go the Roosters.
            It helps build up more hate so itís acceptable.

Comment

Hereís an idea. Why not create a documented policy to reference for next time this happens.
              bet this wonít happen so they can apply the nrl noted inconsistencies
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                Regardless Souths still have the same salary cap as the other clubs so I really donít see the fuss about all this. Maybe not this year but next year they should be entitled to use the money that GI would have been earning. Itís not as if they can spend more on players than anyone else.

ive got no real isue with it either, as long as they don't poach latrell, i hope they get jimmy the jet , that means we can all relax.

Comment

NRL have opened up a can of worms. Any older player can now retire, be paid $300k/yr to turn up occasionally and smile, and have the remainder of their contract exempted from the salary cap.

Next up Broncos to free up $800k for Darius Boyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I agree, it's common sense. Move along.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                      NRL have opened up a can of worms. Any older player can now retire, be paid $300k/yr to turn up occasionally and smile, and have the remainder of their contract exempted from the salary cap.

Next up Broncos to free up $800k for Darius Boyd.
                      I think the NRL will review this in August and will be monitoring Inglis professional input...not just showing up on occasions.

Comment

So Newcastle, Parra and manly get cash backs now? Ross, Watmough, Stewart, Matai, etc.

We can claim our loss of income and lawyer costs for being farked over for the "Pearce" incident?

It's ****en rigged.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

I think the NRL will review this in August and will be monitoring Inglis professional input...not just showing up on occasions.
                          Yeah right. Inglis will turn up to training occasionally and kick a few balls and have a few laughs with the boys afterwards. Turn up for major events and smile for the cameras then get on the turps with the boys afterwards. There is nothing NRL can prove.

Blocker once told the story of one of the players who was "working" for the Balmain League's Club. His job was to turn up in the morning and pull up the Australian flag on the flagpole, and then turn up in the evening and pull the flag down again. Everyone knew exactly what was going on but nobody could prove it was a salary cap rort.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Yeah right. Inglis will turn up to training occasionally and kick a few balls and have a few laughs with the boys afterwards. Turn up for major events and smile for the cameras then get on the turps with the boys afterwards. There is nothing NRL can prove.

Blocker once told the story of one of the players who was "working" for the Balmain League's Club. His job was to turn up in the morning and pull up the Australian flag on the flagpole, and then turn up in the evening and pull the flag down again. Everyone knew exactly what was going on but nobody could prove it was a salary cap rort.
                            If Inglis does nothing and gets paid for it, his salary still goes into the salary cap for this year and next year.

Comment

is Inglis taking up a coaching role or is it just some made up job to free up cap?

Comment

Working...
                              X