Aubo for Origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aubo for Origin

Just watched NRL tonight and Tim Gilbert and Shirvo were talking about the possibility of Aubo being selected for Origin. Crossed to Robbo who of course gave him a glowing endorsement. Gilbert said Aubo should be there in his own right not just because of all the injuries and other players out of form. I would love to see him get a run. I don’t think there is s more deserving player in the game.

He is in my team, definitely the best bench utility in the comp, would have been in every Queensland origin side for the last 7 years if the qualified for them. Of course I am biased, but the guy is a Roosters LEGEND. It would be awesome if he got the recognition he richly deserves.

Comment

Well, he is definitely a chance:

"I love Aubo, if I feel we need someone that can do a job and if there's a few injuries … I have no qualms. He's one of the greats," said Fittler, who was assistant coach at the Roosters when Aubusson made his NRL debut in 2007.

Comment

When he first came into first grade he was heralded as the next Freddy Fittler. Played at 6 too.

Comment

Better late than never I suppose.
          Hopefully he finally gets a blues jersey, but this should of happened 5 years ago!

If he was a Queenslander, Aubbo would of played for nearly a decade by now in a maroon jersey.

Comment

I'd reckon Matterson would be there ahead of Aubbo, he is killing it for the Tigers. Bigger body, and just as versatile, offers a bit more in attack than Aubbo's old legs.

Would love to see our 2018 GF #7 in a Sky blue jersey just once though.
            Originally posted by jism
            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

I'd play him at centre for the blues. They could really use his defense

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                Better late than never I suppose.
                Hopefully he finally gets a blues jersey, but this should of happened 5 years ago!

If he was a Queenslander, Aubbo would of played for nearly a decade by now in a maroon jersey.
                And he would have been captain this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
                  I'd reckon Matterson would be there ahead of Aubbo, he is killing it for the Tigers. Bigger body, and just as versatile, offers a bit more in attack than Aubbo's old legs.

Would love to see our 2018 GF #7 in a Sky blue jersey just once though.
                  I think you might be on the money. According to Braith Anasta he is in the mix and Brandy saying to Braith he shouldn’t have let it out of the bag makes one think he will be there.
                  Wish we had hung onto Matto. He is versatile and still so young. Oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

I think you might be on the money. According to Braith Anasta he is in the mix and Brandy saying to Braith he shouldn’t have let it out of the bag makes one think he will be there.
                    Wish we had hung onto Matto. He is versatile and still so young. Oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
                    I thought we should have kept him and let Aubbo go..... Too many Swiss army knives is a bad thing.

My man love for Aubbo wouldn't let me say it out loud tho'.
                    Originally posted by jism
                    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

After toinight's showing Aubo will not be picked for origin. Got in the way and cost us big time.

Comment

Two weeks in a row now Aubo has missed one on one tackles that have led to tries. Freddy won’t pick him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smee View Post
                          After toinight's showing Aubo will not be picked for origin. Got in the way and cost us big time.
                          After Aubo got smashed and probably got a broken nose I would say he seemed a little lost out there. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there wasn’t a bit of concussion involved.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

After Aubo got smashed and probably got a broken nose I would say he seemed a little lost out there. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there wasn’t a bit of concussion involved.
                            I thought Aubo was the man for the blues bench a few years ago. Age may be against him now and Freddy might take that into consideration. Origin is a lot more physical and much faster than NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Two weeks in a row now Aubo has missed one on one tackles that have led to tries. Freddy won’t pick him.
                              If that's the case, he may not want JMoz then..

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X