X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Pretty much except for Large Mike who said Teddy was the worst buy in Roosters history.......also King Salvo who wanted Politis to stand down for getting rid of Gordon and Pearce for Teddy and Cronk. Otherwise most of you all are on the money
    Ha! You get some right, you get some wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• Random Rooster
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post

As opposed to the rest of us who are geniuses?!
    Pretty much except for Large Mike who said Teddy was the worst buy in Roosters history.......also King Salvo who wanted Politis to stand down for getting rid of Gordon and Pearce for Teddy and Cronk. Otherwise most of you all are on the money

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    This time last year i was saying that SST played his best footy in the backrow and playing prop was taking the edge off his game. I really know shit
    As opposed to the rest of us who are geniuses?!

Leave a comment:

• Random Rooster
    replied
    This time last year i was saying that SST played his best footy in the backrow and playing prop was taking the edge off his game. I really know shit

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Did you like his pass to Sitili on Sunday?
    Of course I loved it.

Leave a comment:

• Smee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
    The big plus with SST is he has no baggage and is a great role model for all the Islander boys throughout the club, even the juniors, they hold SST and Lui in as high a regard as Cronk. Total professionals on and off field
    SST comes across as humble and level headed and yes, this thread is spot on. SST is arguably the best front rower in the game. And there's never any cheap dog shots from him like Burgess.

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Penrith are sniffing apparently
    Well then the Roosters have nothing to worry about.
    Not in their tissues or white lines either...

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelby View Post
    Great player SST.
    We need to resign him up asap.
    Penrith are sniffing apparently.
    Penrith are sniffing apparently
    Well then the Roosters have nothing to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• Vasco
    replied
    Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

He looks more natural throwing a short ball than Mitchell Pearce does.

Leave a comment:

• roostersrule2
    replied
    He’s always been a beast, ever since his first game for us in 2015 against the Cows.

He’s the best prop in the game atm, and he’s also incredibly dangerous on an edge too.

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    replied
    Great player SST.
    We need to resign him up asap.
    Penrith are sniffing apparently.

Leave a comment:

• The Thracian
    replied
    The big plus with SST is he has no baggage and is a great role model for all the Islander boys throughout the club, even the juniors, they hold SST and Lui in as high a regard as Cronk. Total professionals on and off field

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post
    He did come to us as a centre and his Newtown days were mostly there. Broken ankle slowed him up initially and he'd also had leg problems before we signed him.

He really showed what he could do after the 2016 9's in NZ and JWH came back singing his praises.

Would have gone further and quicker but he has had two knee problems since and I know at least one required an operation. Thankfully he's been injury free of late.

Hodgson was also praising SST last night on Fox. Said he is one of the hardest players to tackle of all.

SST has picked up on his defence these days. He can slip a good ball, but he did have a loose carry with it. That's another part of his game that he has worked on and he is virtually the perfect middle forward now. Always liked him and he is one player who can bend and break the line. We are privileged to have this one.
    Have you seen Hodgson tackle lately ? He finds everyone hard to tackle. Off subject i know but Hodgson has gone backwards massively this year

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    He did come to us as a centre and his Newtown days were mostly there. Broken ankle slowed him up initially and he'd also had leg problems before we signed him.

He really showed what he could do after the 2016 9's in NZ and JWH came back singing his praises.

Would have gone further and quicker but he has had two knee problems since and I know at least one required an operation. Thankfully he's been injury free of late.

Hodgson was also praising SST last night on Fox. Said he is one of the hardest players to tackle of all.

SST has picked up on his defence these days. He can slip a good ball, but he did have a loose carry with it. That's another part of his game that he has worked on and he is virtually the perfect middle forward now. Always liked him and he is one player who can bend and break the line. We are privileged to have this one.

Leave a comment:

• Cockadoodledoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    He offloaded a lot more in his first couple of years. We are lucky to have him. No team has 2 better starting props than us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X