Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooster_6
    replied
    How many points does a player lose each round.

I have actually never looked into it but for some strange reason seem to think I've read somewhere that it's 8 points per game played?

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by milanja View Post

I think if he did that, he would still have high carry overs, cos lowest charge is still 100 points, not sure what discount they get for early guilty plea, maybe it would have been better to just challenge and hope to get off.
    Yes I understand so if they’re willing to challenge it’s only because they’re evidence is solid because if it isn’t then take the points. Maybe get Billy Slater as a character reference lol!

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied
    Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    Take the plea and then later in the season do something small to get suspended when we’re playing some weak ass team. It’s important to beat the gronkos.
    I think if he did that, he would still have high carry overs, cos lowest charge is still 100 points, not sure what discount they get for early guilty plea, maybe it would have been better to just challenge and hope to get off.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    I think one contributory factor to the people ending up in crusher positions is the referees interpretation of when the players is held. Seems that some people are called held really early and others end up in a wrestling position after struggling interminably. Sometimes I am asking myself, just when is this guy held? His progress is clearly stopped and there are about three and four guys onto him. But if he struggles free it's play on. So the defense holds and the struggle goes on.

You can't afford not to hold on as the refs are so inconsistent on their interpretation of held. Some of these guys are obviously stopped in their tracks and what seems like a half a minute later they slip a miraculous pass away. It must be confusing to the players, especially if you have opposition players calling held to put them off too. Some crushers are plain and simple like the Atomic Drop on Hayne. Others not so clear. As for Joey, he was being harshly judged for his previous third man in at the legs. He's not a dirty player but they now have an agenda on him.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Take the plea and then later in the season do something small to get suspended when we’re playing some weak ass team. It’s important to beat the gronkos.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    The Rooster win the comp if one of their front rowers gets suspended during the season.
    2013 JWH, 2018 Napa.

Leave a comment:

• The Sack
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I didn't think it has to be intentional. He got him into the dangerous position and that should have been enough.
    The Cleary crusher tackle on Mitchell was deemed accidental, however, he too was put in a dangerous position. The system is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• crikey chris
    replied
    Originally posted by fletch View Post

With the Early Guilty Plea, he will be available for selection ahead of our Round 10 match against the Brisbane Broncos and hold 90 carry-over Points.
    With the carry over points, Jared needs to be a choir boy, which we all know he's not. Even the most minor naughtiness, he'll cop a suspension

Leave a comment:

• fletch
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    Has anyone heard yet whether he took the early guilty plea?
    nothing on the website yet.
    The Sydney Roosters have elected to enter an Early Guilty plea after Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was cited by the NRL Match Review Committee in Round 9.

Waerea-Hargreaves received a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck charge for an incident that occurred in the 14th minute of the match on Canberra Raiders player Dunamis Lui.

With the Early Guilty Plea, he will be available for selection ahead of our Round 10 match against the Brisbane Broncos and hold 90 carry-over Points.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    As you probably know already, he's taken the early guilty plea.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Random Rooster
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I think you are being a little paranoid. I think the inconsistencies around the crusher tackle rulings are coming from a lack of leadership. It hasn't been clearly defined what a crusher tackle is and it hasn't been clearly defined what constitutes an accidental crusher tackle that isn't worthy of suspension and a careless crusher tackle that is worthy of suspension.

It's another unfortunate side effect of clubs having wrestling coaches and trying to dominate the play the ball. But there are still those that are just unfortunate and have always been apart of a very rough game.

In the absence of leadership individuals will take it upon themselves to make decisions on their own beliefs and opinions and that's where the inconsistency is coming from, multiple individuals apllying their own interpretation. Unfortunately that also opens up the opportunity for individuals to act in their own self interest whether it's consciously or sub consciously.

So whilst Sean Garlick may hate the chooks and his opinion may be swayed on that because the game has allowed it to I don't think it's any more widespread than an individual or two just making bad calls, whether they have sinister intentions or not.

It's an easy fix... clarify the ruling on what is a crusher tackle and what players need to do to avoid it in the future and you'll go some way to fixing the issue.
    Your probably right and i am paranoid......its just that Manu charge is what i couldn't get my head around. It was so obvious it was a accident as is a lot of the crusher tackles that are just penalised. Then to go to the judiciary and have the charge upheld was odd.....adding to my paranoia about Roosters poor record at facing the judiciary. Do you think that if that was JWH yanking at Batemans arm he would have got off at the judiciary.....or if Latrell would have been allowed to play in a GF if he shoulder charged like Slaters tackle on Feki in last years major semi? Oh oh my paranioa is back!

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    So this is what i wrote the day before the Canberra game on another thread....

Im more concerned about the present. Every round im seeing crusher tackles that are a lot worse than the one Joseph Manu got cited for and subsequently his appeal denied. What i don't get is sometimes its deemed a penalty or sometimes a accident. Manu's crusher tackle was called by every commentator as being accidental and soft..... no one believed he would get cited.When he got cited no one believed the appeal would be turned down at the judiciary. Then i think back to Latrells appeal failing at the judiciary last year in the semi finals, Slater getting off at the judiciary....and somehow the judiciary letting Maloney off last week.

If im being paranoid/or one eyed someone tell me i am please! I think i trust Sean Garlick as much as the pigeon meat he puts in his pies

So can i ask you all again.....am i paranoid or one eyed??? I think JWH should go and fight the charge but its like sending a horse to the knackery.....you end up shot, chopped up and served in a Garlo's pie. The only "luck" we had was when Napa wasn't cited last year for his tackle on McCullough-but even then Jewberg complained he should have been.
    I think you are being a little paranoid. I think the inconsistencies around the crusher tackle rulings are coming from a lack of leadership. It hasn't been clearly defined what a crusher tackle is and it hasn't been clearly defined what constitutes an accidental crusher tackle that isn't worthy of suspension and a careless crusher tackle that is worthy of suspension.

It's another unfortunate side effect of clubs having wrestling coaches and trying to dominate the play the ball. But there are still those that are just unfortunate and have always been apart of a very rough game.

In the absence of leadership individuals will take it upon themselves to make decisions on their own beliefs and opinions and that's where the inconsistency is coming from, multiple individuals apllying their own interpretation. Unfortunately that also opens up the opportunity for individuals to act in their own self interest whether it's consciously or sub consciously.

So whilst Sean Garlick may hate the chooks and his opinion may be swayed on that because the game has allowed it to I don't think it's any more widespread than an individual or two just making bad calls, whether they have sinister intentions or not.

It's an easy fix... clarify the ruling on what is a crusher tackle and what players need to do to avoid it in the future and you'll go some way to fixing the issue.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    If he fights the charge and loses he will miss a week and have more carry over points than if he takes the early guilty plea. That’s how it works. I’ve looked at the tackle a number of times and if he fights it I don’t like his chances.

Leave a comment:

• The Lip
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    So this is what i wrote the day before the Canberra game on another thread....

Im more concerned about the present. Every round im seeing crusher tackles that are a lot worse than the one Joseph Manu got cited for and subsequently his appeal denied. What i don't get is sometimes its deemed a penalty or sometimes a accident. Manu's crusher tackle was called by every commentator as being accidental and soft..... no one believed he would get cited.When he got cited no one believed the appeal would be turned down at the judiciary. Then i think back to Latrells appeal failing at the judiciary last year in the semi finals, Slater getting off at the judiciary....and somehow the judiciary letting Maloney off last week.

If im being paranoid/or one eyed someone tell me i am please! I think i trust Sean Garlick as much as the pigeon meat he puts in his pies

So can i ask you all again.....am i paranoid or one eyed??? I think JWH should go and fight the charge but its like sending a horse to the knackery.....you end up shot, chopped up and served in a Garlo's pie. The only "luck" we had was when Napa wasn't cited last year for his tackle on McCullough-but even then Jewberg complained he should have been.
    “Jewberg” really

Leave a comment:

Working...
X