• Bansai Pipeline
    replied
    Unbelievable.

Won't beat the Broncs without him.

Leave a comment:

• dice
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I sometimes think that the guilty plea, take the carry over points and play the weekend, often comes back to bite you later on. A small infringement at seasons end means the carry over points makes you miss a semi final. As happened to Latrell in the prelim final v Vermin last year.
    NRL should adopt the soccer rules of clearing carryover points for finals series. It is a no-brainer to not let a players miss a finals game over a misdemeanor so I can only conclude the NRL has no brains.

Leave a comment:

• Smee
    replied
    Originally posted by gragra View Post
    Both so called crusher tackles, Oldfield's and JWH should have been viewed the same. Most would say they are accidental, catching the players neck in a dangerous position. Either both are viewed as non chargeable or not ! Its not circumstances but inconsistency, where arbitrary decisions by the reviewing committee annoys us supporters...I dare say if it wasn't JWH but Cam Smith there would be no charge....
    The tackled player would be charged.

Leave a comment:

• Kelby
    replied
    What a friggen joke.
    The same bullshit happened with Joey before the Melbourne game.
    It stinks.

Leave a comment:

• gragra
    replied
    Both so called crusher tackles, Oldfield's and JWH should have been viewed the same. Most would say they are accidental, catching the players neck in a dangerous position. Either both are viewed as non chargeable or not ! Its not circumstances but inconsistency, where arbitrary decisions by the reviewing committee annoys us supporters...I dare say if it wasn't JWH but Cam Smith there would be no charge....

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    I agree Hawkeye about JWH strategy.

I don't think Oldfield's was intentional with Toups. Daniel's head got caught under and the real damage came from the weight of the third man in.

Ricky had definitely coached the Raiders up on third and fourth man in to slow the play and suit their fowards.

Bad luck for JWH who was one of our best. If he sits out we could be doing it tough against the Broncs. They are getting their lucky breaks now and could jag an injury riddled Roosters at Suncorp. Just like their win over a decimated Manly. If so we'll be reading headlines about Siebold turning it all around. LOL

If we win it will be a further test of the mettle and talent that we have passed.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I sometimes think that the guilty plea, take the carry over points and play the weekend, often comes back to bite you later on. A small infringement at seasons end means the carry over points makes you miss a semi final. As happened to Latrell in the prelim final v Vermin last year.

Leave a comment:

• fletch
    replied
    Oldfield was not charged for the tackle on Toups.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X