No announcement yet.

Does Sitili deserve a shot over Gus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitilli will continue to come off the bench. Cordner, Crichton & Aubusson are ahead of him.

Comment

While Sitili's form has been beyond expectation - well all knew he was good but WOW - I'd still be using Gus in the run on with Sitili coming off the bench. Gus is a more seasoned first grader, has been doing a lot of the tough stuff and we need to work him into the side.

Sitili is familiar with our patterns and has proven impact off the bench. He has a great motor too, and we need to wrap him up, but also not to burn him out too early in the season.He'll get his chance in SOO and won't mind playing off the bench. Meanwhile to relegate Gus back to bench wouldn't be good for his confidence or the game time needed to get the fit right.

But based purely on Sitili's form over the last three games he has cemented a bench spot. I know I asked myself that Roosters6 question at one stage in the Canberra game. Same answer though.

But loved that tackle on Soliola where Sitili was bounced off but didn't give up clinging to the prop's legs. This kind is made tough like Hughie McGahan,

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        Sitilli will continue to come off the bench. Cordner, Crichton & Aubusson are ahead of him.
        For sure,

Maubs for Cords,

Sitilli has a great role off the pine

I think Gus has been told to shelve his off load till he settles,

He had a wicked off load at Souffs
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Or as Freddy likes to Call him.... Angus Criden ??

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Thoughts?
            No.
            He will fill in for Cords this week thou!

Comment

No Im right with Angus .Coach is hardening up for the end of season real deal games.as Dynamic as he was last year in attack he wa soft in the middle hard ass department and it showed in SOO.He will be a much better player come season end.
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Does anyone else think Sitili could play centre at a pinch?

Comment

is that pommie winger ever going to be ok rfor a run?
                  if not perhaps he might reconsider an easy life in superleague again?

Comment

No. I'm happy to keep bringing Sitili along slowly. I think Angus has been going ok. Hard to star ....in a team of stars.
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      is that pommie winger ever going to be ok rfor a run?
                      if not perhaps he might reconsider an easy life in superleague again?
                      Supposedly back this week in reggies. What about Morris been out 7 weeks and was meant to be 2-4. Very injury prone this bloke. Wonít be the last injury he suffers this year. Old man on old legs.

Comment

Wish he did some of the tough stuff when we were down to no interchanges, he is obviously playing to trents game plan at the moment, because he has done nothing wrong, but he also hasnít done anything that makes him standout over our bench players.

will come in handy when Cordner is on origin duty, hopefully we see his worth then.

Comment

You donít show all your aces in first 9 rounds. Right side will gel.

Firstly cronk injured and whilst ikavalu has done his job, he is not BMoz or Ryan hall. I believe we will start seeing RHS attack once Latrell goes to SOO and we exploit Manu and BMoz and/or hall of Cronk. Gus will will Be part of that success if not at SOO himself.

Crichton is playing 80 mins and attack will fall into place once Robbo release his game plan down that side. Think we saw a glimpse with ikavalu try
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

But loved that tackle on Soliola where Sitili was bounced off but didn't give up clinging to the prop's legs. This kind is made tough like Hughie McGahan,
                            Been describing Sitili as. Hugh Mcgahan clone. Raw, fast, hard. Commentator described him as a wingspan like an albatross
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

He would be a nightmare to tackle , all elbows and knees . Hard and wirey just like Hughie McGahan . That's a big wrap

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                                Been describing Sitili as. Hugh Mcgahan clone. Raw, fast, hard. Commentator described him as a wingspan like an albatross
                                Well done Axe.....i knew Siliti reminded me of someone! Very much like Hugh McGahan in the way he moves and the skills. The way he took that bomb and then produced that around the corner pass against the Tigers was so McGahan like. Siliti does have the advantage of playing with top shelf players.....poor Hughie mainly got lugged with hackers

Comment

Working...
                                X