Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Sitili deserve a shot over Gus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Sitili deserve a shot over Gus?

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    I know Gus hasnít played to his potential yet, however I reckon that when it matters later in the year he will show his worth. I also think Sitili is a really good bench impact player, and finds great holes, and can be a game breaker, as shown in the Storm game.
    "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

    George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

    Comment


    • #3
      Angus Crichton is still feeling his way into the Roosters style of play. Its like he is out of sync with Keary and Cronk. After rd 9 last year Cronk and Teddy were out of sync with the rest of the team too- it takes time.

      I doubt Robbo will make any significant changes.......but if he does then so be it because he knows what he is doing!

      Comment


      • #4
        Crichton will come good...however i do find myself thinking in hindsight we could have kept Matterson for less money and who is more versatile. That is in hindsight though and I was thrilled when we signed Gus. He just looks to be playing very very conservatively and like others have mentioned a bit out of sync with others around him. At Souths a lot of his very good carries were when he probed across field and found a hole or popped an offload, he seems to be sticking to Robbos plan to the letter at this stage.
        Sitili is a weapon but his role at the moment is perfect for him. If he continues this form for an extended period he will force his way into the team, just like he has played is way above others in the pecking order for FG

        Comment


        • #5
          No way, while Gus isnít hitting his straps yet, trust me he will. Heís still having some teething issues but I think once he gets comfortable heíll be back as one of the top back rowers in the Comp. I think Sitili is much more valuable coming off the bench at the moment. That bench of butcher, sitili, tets and aubs is arguably the best in the Comp.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm happy with Gus, and the fact that he plays the full 80 gives us flexibility with our interchange.

            If Boyd is out this week it would be good to start Sitili in the second row on the left and see how he goes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gee you're tough on Crichton. He was forced to play wing and centres due to injury at times yesterday so you want to punt him back to the bench.

              I think the current set up is fine, start with Gus and Sitili coming on adding impact.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                Crichton will come good...however i do find myself thinking in hindsight we could have kept Matterson for less money and who is more versatile. That is in hindsight though and I was thrilled when we signed Gus. He just looks to be playing very very conservatively and like others have mentioned a bit out of sync with others around him. At Souths a lot of his very good carries were when he probed across field and found a hole or popped an offload, he seems to be sticking to Robbos plan to the letter at this stage.
                Sitili is a weapon but his role at the moment is perfect for him. If he continues this form for an extended period he will force his way into the team, just like he has played is way above others in the pecking order for FG
                I am sorry to say this, but Angus is totally wasted at the way Robbo has made him play. Angus when he was at Souths played his best football as a roving 2nd rover, much like how Bob McCarthy used to play. Angus would pick his time and he was always making breaks at Souths.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keep Sitili coming off the bench for impact and x-factor.

                  His aggressive defence was very impressive v Canberra.

                  Gus has been a huge disappointment and is using up a fair chuck of our cap. I keep hoping he will come good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                    Gee you're tough on Crichton. He was forced to play wing and centres due to injury at times yesterday so you want to punt him back to the bench.

                    I think the current set up is fine, start with Gus and Sitili coming on adding impact.
                    Exactly.

                    Angus is coming along just fine. He's had a couple of excellent games and will only improve as he gels within the team and the injuries hopefully ease off which have caused in game disruption.

                    No lessons have been learned after last year it seems. Give him more than 9 games before we write him off!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Keep Sitili coming off the bench for impact and x-factor.

                      His aggressive defence was very impressive v Canberra.

                      Gus has been a huge disappointment and is using up a fair chuck of our cap. I keep hoping he will come good.
                      Bit unfair to call him a huge disappointment?! I think he's been solid - and he's scored a couple of tries that weren't gimmes.

                      The time to worry about what players are earning is at contract time. Once the contract has been signed it's irrelevant - every player has to play their best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        Thoughts?
                        I think you have a crush on Chrichton. I also think the only way you can process it is by publicly rejecting him at every opportunity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zac View Post

                          Bit unfair to call him a huge disappointment?! I think he's been solid - and he's scored a couple of tries that weren't gimmes.

                          The time to worry about what players are earning is at contract time. Once the contract has been signed it's irrelevant - every player has to play their best.
                          Just seemed to make more impact at Souths and had a great offload and speed too. We have seen little of it this season. Iím not writing him off Iím just saying I thought he would have had more impact.í

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by my2centsworth View Post

                            I am sorry to say this, but Angus is totally wasted at the way Robbo has made him play. Angus when he was at Souths played his best football as a roving 2nd rover, much like how Bob McCarthy used to play. Angus would pick his time and he was always making breaks at Souths.
                            Agree 100%.

                            Angus is an unstructured footballer trying to fit into a structured side with a very structured halfback.

                            I wonder if he wouldn't be better coming off the bench against some tired defences and given a bit of a license to play some unstructured footy so he can learn to start to picking his moments and the boys can in turn learn how to play off him.

                            I just don't see how sticking with the status quo is going to be beneficial in the long run, he's trying to be something he's not.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Boyd more than likely will be out next week. Satilli to fill in there. Collins back in off the bench. If 2poo doesnt come back match fit , do we use Morris (if ready) or go with Bernie on the wing. If Latts needs a rest we use Aubo to fill in.
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X