X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirteen
    started a topic Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

It’s time to wipe that smile off Ricky’s face. We are far superior to these pretenders. C’mon Roosters let’s flex our muscles.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM.

• The Axe
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Robbo said he'd aggravated an earlier injury.

He's probably lucky he missed the ball diving during Cord's try. Would have been even more winded had he got it. But he readjusted.

Yes Lat's does the Duge a bit. Gives him a chance to get his breath back too.
    During my junior days we had a guy who was a special to go down writhing at least twice every game. Maybe he fancied the zambuck...don't really know. But I do know that we were thinking of getting to the ground early and digging a hole for him (outside the field of course) before the last game. Lucky we didn't...he didn't play...pulled out injured.
    Was his name Ray Price?

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    I thought JWH was the Roosters best yesterday.
    Even though I love Latrell I’m starting to think that he over exaggerates his injuries. Last week against the Tigers he dived through the air when Cordner scored & after landing lied there like he had been knocked out & then suddenly gets back to his feet. In yesterday’s game by his actions it appeared that he had done some real damage to his groin & could hardly walk but then made a miraculous recovery & came back on like nothing had happened.
    Robbo said he'd aggravated an earlier injury.

He's probably lucky he missed the ball diving during Cord's try. Would have been even more winded had he got it. But he readjusted.

Yes Lat's does the Duge a bit. Gives him a chance to get his breath back too.
    During my junior days we had a guy who was a special to go down writhing at least twice every game. Maybe he fancied the zambuck...don't really know. But I do know that we were thinking of getting to the ground early and digging a hole for him (outside the field of course) before the last game. Lucky we didn't...he didn't play...pulled out injured.

Leave a comment:

• Darkone
    replied
    Bam Bam Latrell like most gifted people in any field..........a tad eccentric & prone to drama

mind you he's young, & spooks easily

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    I thought JWH was the Roosters best yesterday.
    Even though I love Latrell I’m starting to think that he over exaggerates his injuries. Last week against the Tigers he dived through the air when Cordner scored & after landing lied there like he had been knocked out & then suddenly gets back to his feet. In yesterday’s game by his actions it appeared that he had done some real damage to his groin & could hardly walk but then made a miraculous recovery & came back on like nothing had happened.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Roosters won the first half penalty count 5-4. Hardly overwhelming. Raiders won the second half penalty count 3-1. Overall count 7-6 to the Raiders. Ricky is just making excuses for his team not being able to come from behind against a depleted opposition and with a bit of help from penalties in the second half. Definition of a bad sport.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post

I don’t think he ever recovered from his encounter with “the idiot in the blue shirt”
    I always thought his apology to me was insincere.

Leave a comment:

• chicka
    replied
    To be fair, the Raiders were copping it in that first half the same way we used to cop it when JWH, Maloney and Friend were getting pinged and the refs wouldn't even speak to Jake. The Raiders got the exact same treatment today. Now I am glad for the win and it makes a change to see the boot on the other foot, however, it's disrespectful not to treat both sets of players the same IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Big Poppa Pump
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I thought I told Ricky “no more excuses” many years ago. He obviously wasn’t listening.
    I don’t think he ever recovered from his encounter with “the idiot in the blue shirt”

Leave a comment:

• mightyrooster
    replied
    Loved the Canberra Times headline ‘courageous Raiders go down to Roosters’. I must have been watching the wrong game as I thought the Roosters was the team losing players left, right and centre and showing all the courage.

Leave a comment:

• kakaruk
    replied
    Stuarts lost the plot if we hadn't lost lats, cordner and toups to injury his team wouldn't have had a snowflakes chance in hell of running us down

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I thought I told Ricky “no more excuses” many years ago. He obviously wasn’t listening.
    Lol....that you did.

Leave a comment:

• Lydon
    replied
    Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Not gonna lie, i need to hear more of this story
    I will leave it to Thirteen to tell the story since he was the headline act that night at Easts Leagues

Leave a comment:

• stringaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    His reaction that night was enough to show all of us supporters the classless nature of the man..
    Not gonna lie, i need to hear more of this story

Leave a comment:

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by Lydon View Post
    Ricky Stuart having a whinge about the one sided penalties against his team in the first,claiming his team had no chance as they were penalised out of the game..

What an an absolute classless tools this guy has become!
    He reminds me of this bear doco I watched a while back where there was this shonky beta male constantly lurking around trying to eat a mamma bear's cubs because he was shyte at fishing. Despite all his dog tactics, the mamma bear still fed her cubs, kept them safe and got then to the place with all the juicy tuna.

Maybe this was all a setup and the NRL secretly re-played the rugby leave version of this doco for mother's day?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X