Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am struggling to see the purpose and value of ‘magic’” round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder how it works with the dressing rooms
    access when multiple games are on the one day? Minor point but not sure how it plays out.

Comment

Been a pretty boring round of matches so far.

Comment

It would've been good value if David Copperfield appeared and made lo@souffs disappear
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

It's the same concept as the League-a-thon at the SCG in the 70s (though it was less of a hassle for traveling as all the teams were from Sydney).

As far as travel goes now, I flew to Brisbane at Easter and the bus trip from Bondi Junction to the airport took longer than the flight! Would it be a good idea to stay in Brisbane for the week to prepare, though?

Comment

I assume our guys will spend the week there rather than travelling back and forth.

Comment

and the hideous point of it is itsa on again next season too!

Comment

I think I’d prefer magic mushroom round.

How much did the qld tourism people give to the NRL for this snow job?

If they want to celebrate the game take it to a critical rural centre or centres that are rugby league centric.
                barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

8i hate anything broncos that includes s8uncorp

Comment

Its pandering to QLDRL, pathetic really
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HBK View Post
                      they have a magic round in the super league. it is to grow the game, so its normally played where there is no current teams - like Newcastle, Cardiff and Edinburgh. The growth aspect is good. Here in the NRL, its in a city that gets an NRL game every second week and one or two SOOs per year. It has no growth element. All it is for is to milk money out of the QLD govt, yet we have had to endure lots of advertisements within games for the round as if its actually meaningful. ima not a fan of it
                      It works in the Super League as the distance for fans to travel s relatively small.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        I assume our guys will spend the week there rather than travelling back and forth.
                        Tough on players with families.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I assumed this too but robbo said in the presser they will be flying up and back

Comment

Negative. Fly back Sunday night and back to brisbane on Thursday.

Comment

For those that can remember back to the 70's ...it's like the old Leagueathon at the SCG ...3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday. ..and we beat Manly in the highlight game on the Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

If the game would have been held in Sydney it would have been stuck on a cold Saturday night and played with a very small crowd because the raiders attract little interest in Sydney AND I know many fans who aren’t into either teams who are going to this game plus you have fans of the cows and Souths and it will be a good atmosphere to play on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon.

As for missing a home game then how about the Adelaide game against the Storm? That game should have been scheduled at our new fortress the SCG. That decision may cost us more because other teams find it hard to adjust to the field...

And as for a short turnaround against the Broncos...well that will test our mental strength to overcome that much like we had to overcome playing the grand final with a busted Cronk. If that taught us anything, it will be that we can overcome those kind of adversities. Roosters should take the points on both games.
                                The contract with the SA government included this year. Joe Kelly said we have a big announcement coming up about game scheduling.
                                Injuries, travel, rehabilitation, etc. does catch up.

Comment

Working...
                                X