Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrie Hastings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Horrie Hastings

    Heard on the grapevine he is was pretty sick, lucky his missus was with him, best wishes to the great man moving forward
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

  • #2
    Rooster great on the field. Speedy recovery
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

    Comment


    • #3
      Any details on Hastings illness?

      Comment


      • #4
        Good luck to him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
          Any details on Hastings illness?
          Heart attack, there was an piece on the ch10 news about it yesterday.

          Comment


          • #6
            I had a text exchange with him and he says he is going ok. Would have been a big scare though

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
              Heard on the grapevine he is was pretty sick, lucky his missus was with him, best wishes to the great man moving forward
              He's had shyte luck with rep selection, his first wife and Jacko's luck getting on in the NRL. Hopefully some good stuff is around the corner.

              Seems fit though? Has a few PT videos on YouTube and still seems to put in the hard yards at training (albeit in his own odd style).

              Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              I had a text exchange with him and he says he is going ok. Would have been a big scare though
              Same. I've organised a beer with him in a few weeks so it's all sweet.

              Oi PM me your mobile BTW bro. I lost it when you went to prison... good to hear you snuck in some contraband.

              Comment


              • #8
                My all time favourite player growing up, hope he recovers.
                Heart attack & he was a very fit man.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The news article also mentioned that Kevin's father had either a triple or quadruple by pass many years ago so despite Kevin being so fit it must of been in his genes, his father is now 93 so hopefully Kevin has many good years in front of him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    My all time favourite player growing up, hope he recovers.
                    Heart attack & he was a very fit man.
                    A big fan of Horrie growing up . Never ever missed a game Get well soon champion .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      My all time favourite player growing up, hope he recovers.
                      Heart attack & he was a very fit man.
                      Yeah Horrie is my all time favourite Rooster too. Being super fit doesn't make you totally immune from natural wear and tear with age. Steve Folkes was just as fit the day he had a heart attack at home on his exercise bike as he was in his playing days.

                      Speedy recovery Horrie....a true Rooster legend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

                        Yeah Horrie is my all time favourite Rooster too. Being super fit doesn't make you totally immune from natural wear and tear with age. Steve Folkes was just as fit the day he had a heart attack at home on his exercise bike as he was in his playing days.

                        Speedy recovery Horrie....a true Rooster legend
                        John Peard was super fit and had that terrible stroke at a relatively early age.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sad to hear and hope he has a full recovery. He was super fit. But methinks Kev, who always gave his all, was an A-type personality over achiever and they are far more prone to heart attacks. Lowering stress levels is probably more important than fitness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                            Sad to hear and hope he has a full recovery. He was super fit. But methinks Kev, who always gave his all, was an A-type personality over achiever and they are far more prone to heart attacks. Lowering stress levels is probably more important than fitness.
                            Fair call.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X