Coopers cloes ,Will he play on or retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
    I hope he retires, I don't want to see him go on a year too long and end up like a Darius Boyd
    You mean 3 years too long in Boyd's case, his contract expires at the end of 2021.

Comment

Naah I didn't see Keary doing that. I saw Cordner doing it as he's our captain and leader and I'm sure he will continue to do it without Cronk next year too.
      Cordner doesn't do it often, it is almost always Cronk who is laying down the law after a try is scored. Just as it use to Maloney when he was around.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Cordner doesn't do it often, it is almost always Cronk who is laying down the law after a try is scored. Just as it use to Maloney when he was around.
        I acknowledge that, but Cronk has 350 games of experience, when he goes I'm sure the likes of Cordner and Keary will be the one's having that calming effect

Comment

I acknowledge that, but Cronk has 350 games of experience, when he goes I'm sure the likes of Cordner and Keary will be the one's having that calming effect
          We can only hope so.

Comment

Jake the nugget is the real leader.
            Originally posted by Chook;n805564
            Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Not bagging him but can somebody articulate why Cords is captain?

He's a solid 80 minute forward who runs good lines but none of his stats stand out particularly and his communication is very much 'uum... aaaah... we're taking it week by week... y'know...'

Why is he always so obviously Australian + NSW + Easts captain material to players/coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's a solid 80 minute forward who runs good lines but none of his stats stand out particularly and his communication is very much 'uum... aaaah... we're taking it week by week... y'know...'

Why is he always so obviously Australian + NSW + Easts captain material to players/coaches?
                Because he is made for Rugby League. Most guys play footy as they are growing up because its sport & mates. Some guys are destined to reach the highest level & Boyd is one of them.
                Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

He's a lead by example captain; his press conferences suggest he's both honest and diplomatic; footy players aren't looking for an academic to lead them; he plays the full 80.

Comment

It's not the stats but the quality and the timing. How many times do you see it when we're struggling coming out of our end and then Cordner will charge like there's no tomorrow and pick up 15 tough metres followed by a quick play the ball and off we go. He's a 'follow me' style captain and the sort of player who inspires with his actions not his words. His public speaking has improved heaps too, he's no worse then a dozen other captains these days and explains the game quite well

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      Jake the nugget is the real leader.
                      With the mountain of work he get's though I doubt there is much left in the tank for him to organize and direct the team.

Comment

Two examples I can think of:

Cordner's run in the last minute at Shark Park two years ago where he earned the penalty for the win. A brilliant leaders run...

He produced the exact same run a few weeks ago vs the Storm to set up Latrell's field goal.

He is a true on field warrior who leads by his actions. And when the team look to be struggling he's always the one taking the toughest hit up.

I bet his teammates respect him immensely and would follow him anywhere.

When they see him bust his guts you just know that they wouldn't dare give anything less themselves.

Comment

Boyd Cordner typifies the saying. "Actions speak louder than words".

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                            Boyd Cordner typifies the saying. "Actions speak louder than words".
                            Precisely. Doesn’t need to open his mouth. His teammates can
                            see his leadership. Let Cooper and Keary do the talkIng.

Comment

Cant remember where it was that i read it but apparently we are into Drinkwater from the Storm.It said it could be a good pointer to what Cronk is doing as they think we are making a play for him to be here in RWB next season

Comment

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post
                                Cant remember where it was that i read it but apparently we are into Drinkwater from the Storm.It said it could be a good pointer to what Cronk is doing as they think we are making a play for him to be here in RWB next season
                                He played in the halves for the Australian Schoolboys but Melbourne have turned him into a fullback.

Comment

Working...
                                X