Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Coopers cloes ,Will he play on or retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coopers cloes ,Will he play on or retire

Apparently Cooper is close to making a decision and personally I hope he plays on , I think he has be great for the younger players and inspires respect amongst the team.
    What do others think.

I want him to play on but I think he will retire.

Comment

If we go back to back he retires!

Comment

I hope he play 1 more year at a slightly reduced salary and then becomes our assitant coach straight after.

His leadership is more important than his output and game stats.

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
          He will make the decision shortly to allow the club to prepare accordingly based on whether he want to continue on or retire. He won't be making any decisions based on the seasons outcome.

Comment

Unlikely seeing he reckons he is close to making an announcement.

He needs to let the club plan for the future. He can’t announce retirement after the GF cause he would be leaving the club in the lurch.

Comment

I hope he retires, I don't want to see him go on a year too long and end up like a Darius Boyd

Comment

I think the decision needs to be made well before then from a recruitment and retention point of view.

Comment

He will retire win, lose or draw.

To our fans we tell you
                  If you have not been told
                  We play this game for all of us
                  We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

I hope he stays one more year as we need him to steer the ship, No one else seems to be up for the task. Can't consider Friend for the task as per the mountain of work he gets through and then there is Keary who i would consider to be very adlib, then there is no one.

Comment

I hope he plays on.

One of the most selfless players to have played the game. Whether his rooster playing career ends after 2 years or 3 years, we have been blessed by him coming to our great club and I am sure that he will have a long continued role at our club down the line after his retirement.

Comment

He will retire and hopefully as a double premiership winner with the Roosters. Either way, the guy is a true champion and we were blessed to have him in the red, white and blue.

Comment

He looks pretty last legs to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                            He looks pretty last legs to me.
                            I think he's looking better than he did at this time last year. His first half v Broncos was maybe the best half of footy (from a personal pov) that he's played for us. He's valuable in the big games and I hope he plays on.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

I think he's looking better than he did at this time last year. His first half v Broncos was maybe the best half of footy (from a personal pov) that he's played for us. He's valuable in the big games and I hope he plays on.
                              I agree and made a similar post a few weeks back... possibly after the Broncos games.

His kicks all have an extra 20m in them compares to last year.

The only concern was that game against the Dragons when he didn't have Keary next to him he seemed to struggle with the workload a bit and came up with some uncharacteristic errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X