Are we interested in Gutherson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
    I love the way Gutherson plays his footy. Seems like he is full of energy and loves his footy. Seems really popular with his teammates too! But no. We've got no room for him. Great to be a Rooster, ain't it!?
    I was probably a bit unkind, maybe he would kill it in our system, maybe. However he does nothing everytime he plays us and that probably skews my thinking.

Comment

April fools day was last month

Comment

Originally posted by ConGa View Post
        dude had two ACL ops already, no thanks.
        I guess you could have used the same reasoning to reject Tedesco, who had knee surgery twice a few years ago. Gutherson has been injury free for two years, he is a star, always has been and I think he would star for us. I only suggested him to replace Keary at 5/8th with Keary moving to half if Cronk retires. The is no replacing Cronk, and I hope he stays on in a coaching role, but if he does retire it frees up $1 million, and I think Gutherson at $650K is about right. Still leaves us $350K for uogrades and if we offload Lam of Lamb or whoever.

And as for Aprils fools day,,,,,,, belated happy birthday to whoever suggested that,

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          I think all of Cooper's money needs to go to re-signing Latrell, Manu, Sitili, and upgrading the likes of Keary and SST.

I'd rather we rely on a young gun half to replace Cronk as they'll be on a rookie contract. It's the key to continued success.
          This is exactly it

Comment

Bloody hell next thing someone is going to mention the human turnstile Mitchell Moses. Forget big name recruits-the Roosters have produced their own big names- now lets hang onto them. I don't want another RTS slip up again

Comment

No, our club doesn't need any other talent from any other clubs.

The money needs to be invested into our upcoming squad. We lose Cronk and Aubusson in the next season or two so we will need to continue to sign our upcoming talent and turn a lot of these players into a one player club.

Very rare that occurring these days.

Comment

Well worth asking the question.

I think we need to throw the five-eight carrot at Latrell as an incentive for him to stay. Not only is he fast and powerful I think he is also a smart player who could adapt to the position well. Plus his long kicking game is pretty decent so that’s a bonus. Personally I’d like to keep him in the centres for a few more years through.

So I don’t think we need Gutho cause I think he is a fullback or a number 6 and these positions are covered.

I do think Gutho is an excellent player though. I was suprised when I walked past him at the airport recently how small he was. Not short but very slight in build. Can’t get my head ahead how a bloke built like this can face the riggers of NRL on a weekly basis.

Comment

No we don’t need him.

Plus he wants to play fullback, pretty sure we are ok in this department.
                  I don’t think he is leaving Parramatta, his manager is using Manly to pump up his worth. Like us I don’t think they need a fullback.

He isn’t worth what he is seeking.

Comment

Although he is a decent enough player there are plenty of other clubs that would pay the money he is asking but in my opinion he just isn't worth the coin he is asking. He's more suited to a club that can't really attract elite players and are willing to pay overs.... Like Parramatta...

Comment

Storm vice-captain Jesse Bromwich insists exiled centre Curtis Scott is not on the outer at Melbourne despite speculation the 21-year-old is being shopped to rival clubs.
                      Latrell to 5/8?
                      Scott to centre?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        I think all of Cooper's money needs to go to re-signing Latrell, Manu, Sitili, and upgrading the likes of Keary and SST.

I'd rather we rely on a young gun half to replace Cronk as they'll be on a rookie contract. It's the key to continued success.
                        Agreed, I’d rather have Latrell at 5/8 than Gutherson.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                          Storm vice-captain Jesse Bromwich insists exiled centre Curtis Scott is not on the outer at Melbourne despite speculation the 21-year-old is being shopped to rival clubs.
                          Latrell to 5/8?
                          Scott to centre?
                          Don't really want Scott, he seems to be a meathead that is always ready to explode.

Comment

Maybe souths can go after Scott if they can't manage to get Roberts from the broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              Just a thought, but could he fit in as a 5/8th for us ? Would we move Keary to half ? I know he has had knee problems in the past, but he certainly is a talented player who chases work and has plenty of skill. Can play anywhere in the backline. He is 25 and apparently looking for a 4 year deal at $650K. With Cronk most likely retiring this year we need a top flight half. I know it would probably mean we lose Lam.
                              Gutherson currently leads the comp in runs, running metres and line break assists and is second in support plays...…. he hasn't signed with Para yet, surely he would jump at the chance to play with us. Keary on the right and him on the left would look pretty good.
                              Stop it, you are embarrassing yourself lol, back to the corner for you. Next thing you'll be suggesting a player swap ... Latrell for Gutherson lolol.
                              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post

Stop it, you are embarrassing yourself lol, back to the corner for you. Next thing you'll be suggesting a player swap ... Latrell for Gutherson lolol.
                                You strike me as a keyboard coward who feels that throwing insults makes him look smart. A typical troll. I have yet to see anything intelligent from you, and won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X