Are we interested in Gutherson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we interested in Gutherson ?

Just a thought, but could he fit in as a 5/8th for us ? Would we move Keary to half ? I know he has had knee problems in the past, but he certainly is a talented player who chases work and has plenty of skill. Can play anywhere in the backline. He is 25 and apparently looking for a 4 year deal at $650K. With Cronk most likely retiring this year we need a top flight half. I know it would probably mean we lose Lam.
    Gutherson currently leads the comp in runs, running metres and line break assists and is second in support plays...…. he hasn't signed with Para yet, surely he would jump at the chance to play with us. Keary on the right and him on the left would look pretty good.
    Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 05-06-2019, 07:42 AM.

I think all of Cooper's money needs to go to re-signing Latrell, Manu, Sitili, and upgrading the likes of Keary and SST.

I'd rather we rely on a young gun half to replace Cronk as they'll be on a rookie contract. It's the key to continued success.

Comment

God no.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        I think all of Cooper's money needs to go to re-signing Latrell, Manu, Sitili, and upgrading the likes of Keary and SST.

I'd rather we rely on a young gun half to replace Cronk as they'll be on a rookie contract. It's the key to continued success.
        Agreed. We've already got a world class 5/8, centre and FB (well - 2 world class centres... for now).

IMO latrell's worth the $1.2 million because even with Cronk there, he's value adding to other positions. How do you define a player's position when they barge right down the centre of the field, push 3 forwards to the ground then setup their 5/8 for a try under the posts by kicking a pinpoint kick inside heavy traffic?

Latrell doesn't care where he's playing. He can play anywhere on the field and adapts his style on the fly depending on how he reads it (and yeah... he usually reads it correctly). This is a huge value add because he's a team-centred player who knows what those around him are capable of and again... adapts his style so that they look awesome.

There's no equivalent to Latrell. Say we got Roberts (which we wouldn't)... he's maybe your second best? We'd pay $800k and then have to find $$$ for a new halfback (who can kick goals) and a couple of new forwards to make up for the muscle we've lost. IMO in that context, $1.2M is a bargain.

Jackson Hastings alone with Nikorima? That was a failure because two promising halves were left to their own devices. Lam with Tedesco, Keary and Latrell would work IMO... partly because Latrell could step in if he's struggling a little early on and by doing so give him the confidence he needs.

I don't give a fark what Souffs are offering. Latrell needs a blank chequebook. Just write your number on that paper... we'll add 15% and file the paperwork ASAP so there's no stress/uncertainty.

Comment

I'm not looking outside the current squad at this stage. Cronk hasn't ruled out playing next year and if wants to play then he's probably up to it. He seems to know his body well. With Cronk you have big match smarts and he's worth his weight in gold come semis. No reason why he should take less money next year, but if he did (what an example that would set for the rest of the team!) - so much the better.

Gutherson at 650k sounds okay value, but I haven't given up on Lam or Lamb yet.

If Cronk goes next year, and we decide not to go with Lam, I'd be happy with Latrell at 5/8 and Toops, BMoz, Joey and Hall in the 3/4s, with Iku as back up.

Comment

We don’t need him, trust in the talent we have

Comment

dude had two ACL ops already, no thanks.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, I think Cronks money will be used with us keeping the guns we have developed.
                I can see us with Keary at 7.and going with a ' budget' 6. I hope we dont move Latrell, how could you on his performances at centre. In my opinion he would be much easier for oppositions to shut down at 6 with less room for him to move

Comment

I hope not. We have enough backs. Shouldn’t we be focusing on keeping King Trell?

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                    Just a thought, but could he fit in as a 5/8th for us ? Would we move Keary to half ? I know he has had knee problems in the past, but he certainly is a talented player who chases work and has plenty of skill. Can play anywhere in the backline. He is 25 and apparently looking for a 4 year deal at $650K. With Cronk most likely retiring this year we need a top flight half. I know it would probably mean we lose Lam.
                    Gutherson currently leads the comp in runs, running metres and line break assists and is second in support plays...…. he hasn't signed with Para yet, surely he would jump at the chance to play with us. Keary on the right and him on the left would look pretty good.
                    Coming from the person who said Latrell's currently worth 600k. Gutho at 650k for 4 years, lol.
                    Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 05-06-2019, 01:34 PM.
                    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

No chance

Comment

Please No!

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                          I had to double check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st. We have enough issues managing to keep the players we have now under the cap, even if Cronk retires. Signing Gutherson would mean saying goodbye to Latrell or Manu and he isn't that good anyway. No thanks..

Comment

I love the way Gutherson plays his footy. Seems like he is full of energy and loves his footy. Seems really popular with his teammates too! But no. We've got no room for him. Great to be a Rooster, ain't it!?

Comment

its a no from me...but it kind of illustrates what separates us from the rest, gutherson has been the eels best fro 2 years and they still let it get to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X